Primrose Street, Victoria Street, Cambridge CB4 3EH
Primrose Croft is a 38 bedded care home providing person-centred care for adults aged 65+, including those living with dementia.
The home is within walking distance of the River Cam and local shops and is only a short bus ride away from Cambridge City Centre, which has a range of shops including a Post Office, banks, supermarkets, and bakers, along with pubs, restaurants and cafes and a market every day.
Primrose Croft is divided into 2 units over two floors. All rooms are single occupancy, with 10 rooms having en-suite facilities.
Each unit has a dining area, lounge and a kitchenette as well as bathrooms, shower rooms and toilets throughout the home.
The upper floor of the home is accessed by stairs or lift. All areas of the home are accessible for wheelchair users.
Primrose Croft provides:
• A high standard of care and support 24 hours a day
• A high standard of housekeeping including a laundry service
• Traditional home cooked meals, using fresh ingredients prepared by dedicated chefs
• A warm welcoming environment with a ‘home from home’ atmosphere
• Meaningful and purposeful activities and outings planned through a structured programme following discussions with the people living in Primrose Croft and their families
• Enclosed, landscaped gardens with wheelchair access
• Long term and respite care provided (respite care – privately or local authority funded for a period of 2 weeks or longer if required)
Group: Excelcare Holdings
Person in charge: Ruby Davis (Manager)
Local Authority / Social Services: Cambridgeshire County Council (click for contact details)
Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 38 Service Users
Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age
Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's
Admission Information: Ages 65+.
Single Rooms: 38
Rooms with ensuite WC: 10
Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette
Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Primrose Croft: click here
* Care Quality Commission is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.
Job Title: Home Manager
Ruby has worked at Primrose Croft Care Centre for over 20 years and transferred to Excelcare in 2001. Ruby became the Home Manager in 2004. Ruby has a Registered Manager’s Award which was achieved in 2006.
Job Title: Deputy Manager
Emma has worked in care since 2000 and started at Primrose Croft Care Centre in 2003 as a Senior Care Assistant. Emma was promoted to Deputy Manager in 2004.
Emma has achieved her NVQ level 3.
Emma is responsible for the running of the home in the absence of the Home Manager
There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Primrose Croft