Clarence House Rest Home

6 Dudsbury Crescent, Ferndown BH22 8JF

Clarence House Rest Home is a comprehensively equipped private residential care home serving Dorset and surrounding areas.

The home is dedicated to the provision of the finest care for its residents. This is achieved through a modern environment and a dedicated team of highly trained staff who provide a high standard of care.

The home is a modern, purpose built building ideally suited to the needs of its residents with ample day space and both single and twin bedrooms. This includes light and airy lounge and dining spaces with direct access to the specially designed garden which includes a circular footpath. Bedrooms are well equipped with light wood furniture and attractive soft furnishings.

Great emphasis is placed on stimulating activities and entertainment, and good quality fresh food.

Group: Shervey Ltd (Golfhill)

Person in charge: Debra Wyke (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Dorset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 29 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £750 – £950 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £650 – £900 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Clarence House Rest Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Visitors welcome any time.

Car park on site.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Clarence House Rest Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Clarence House Rest Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Clarence House Rest Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.832 for Clarence House Rest Home is calculated as follows: ( (139 Excellents x 5) + (28 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 167 Ratings = 4.832

The 4.44 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Clarence House Rest Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 5.8 positive Reviews (29 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 5.8 Target = 0.690

9.3 Clarence House Rest Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.272) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Clarence House Rest Home?

Reviewer Connection to Clarence House Rest Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

My mother passed away in her sleep at Clarence House last Thursday. It was unexpected in one way but at 92 with a failing heart, it was not a huge surprise. Living a good distance away, I have been visiting when I can and my sisters between them on a daily basis.

Mum was so happy there, she often mentioned the good care that she received. She loved the staff and I believe that was reciprocated.

It took me four hours to drive down. The doctor had not been, but the staff had arranged the covers and mum so beautifully and even found flowers for her pillow - flowers that mum loved so much.

There is a wonderful atmosphere in the home, the staff treat the residents as friends. All four of us have nothing but heartfelt gratitude for the provision and staff. We wondered how mum would get on at living in a residential setting, Clarence House exceeded all our expectations.

Thank you, everyone, for making mum's final years so happy and fulfilled

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

Our whole family is very happy with the care and consideration Mum has been receiving in the three years she has lived there. The staff are unfailingly kind and thoughtful both to her and to us on our visits. They are always interested in finding ways to make Mum's life more comfortable, health-giving and interesting.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

My mother, now 98, has been a resident of Clarence House for the past three years. During that time her Alzheimer's has become progressively worse and she has also suffered serious bouts of physical ill health requiring admission to hospital.

The support of the staff has been tremendous. I have seen all the senior carers working with my mother in times of crisis and they have represented her case to doctors and hospitals articulately and with a determination ensuring that she gets the best care possible when she most needs it. They have communicated any concerns to the family without delay and have been positive in recommending, or supporting, courses of action in discussion with us.

As a family, we looked at some 20 homes in the area when our mother could no longer cope at home. What struck me most and which put this home above the others on our short list was that the staff were so cheerful, confident and free to express themselves.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

When my Father was rushed to hospital three years ago, my Mother was placed in Clarence House Care Home the same day by Social Services. My Father passed away a month later and my Mother remained in Clarence House until she passed away last month. Over the three years my Mother became bed-ridden and developed advanced dementia, and throughout that period, the Clarence House staff were unceasingly attentive and diligent to ensure she had the best of care with patience and understanding. Towards the end, the staff spent more and more time ensuring that she was as comfortable as possible. In the end, she wasn't left alone at all.

The key to all this is the excellent management, supported by the trained and consistent staff, who remained virtually the same for the whole three years. Some of them have been there for much longer than that. In addition to that, they have the superb activity management.

Clarence House is highly recommended in our view.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

Clarence house has been the best possible place for my grandmother. We knew from the day we went to visit and were met int he car park. It made what we anticipated to be a difficult decision very easy and the care she has received ever since has been fantastic. In addition, the staff have been incredibly kind to visiting family members.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

My aunt aged 92, took a serious turn for the worse at the beginning of June and it was abundantly clear she could not return to her own home on discharge from hospital. I live in Ferndown and Clarence House was just down the road and I couldn't have chosen better.
She was very well looked after. The staff couldn't have been kinder and she passed away at the beginning of July and it was so sad she never really appreciated the care because she wasn't with it.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

The staff and management so a wonderful job. They treat the residents as they would do for their own family. The food was always prepared on time and any drinks required during the day are provided. The days out with the staff were always looked forward to by the residents. The exercise and games were always fun and laughter for those able to participate.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

The care home is always clean and bright. The staff are all friendly and if we need to discuss any matters they are always as helpful as they can be. My nan has improved a lot because of the care given to her.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Clarence House welcomed my friend with warmth and respect, and during her time with them she felt loved and cared for as if they were her 'real' family.
I was always made welcome and kept fully transformed of all developments. The atmosphere is cheerful and sympathetic to a variety of complex needs. I have been highly appreciative of all their care.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

My mother-in-law had stayed in Clarence House for a number of years before her final illness in April. She had become very withdrawn and quiet in her dementia, so it would have been all too easy for the staff merely to cater for her physical needs. Such physical care was exemplary. However, we also saw countless examples of true compassion in their dealings with her and never felt any anxiety whilst she was in their care. It is noteworthy that the staff regularly dropped in for a quick word as they were passing on their other duties. As a final example, during the last illness, the manager even took her laptop and office work up to my mother-in-law's room so that she would not feel alone. My wife and I were always made to feel welcome and encouraged to ask any questions we might have.

I can honestly say that we would be entirely happy to stop at Clarence House ourselves were the need to arise.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

My husband spent the last 4 months of his life in Clarence House suffering from dementia. I could not have wished for better care than he was given by all members for better care than he was given by all members of staff. My husband was bedridden but the staff spent time with him and genuinely liked spending time with him. Even though he couldn't speak they joked with him and he smiled a lot. He was treated in the most caring way and their dedication made it so much easier for me to leave him after each visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

Good care, my mother had 2 weeks at another rest home with a very bad experience. Delighted to say absolutely no problems here at all.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident at Clarence House Rest Home for 2 and a half years. In that time, the care and respect she was given was faultless. All of the staff were excellent both towards my mother and her family. Nothing was ever too much trouble which made her stay there so enjoyable and easy. I would not hesitate to recommend Clarence House Rest Home to anyone who requires caring, friendly, helpful staff and peace of mind for their families. A truly lovely care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Clarence House Rest Home? Extremely Likely

After a quite traumatic time for myself and my brothers and having to take the tough decision that Mum needed help, we found Clarence House. When the Senior house care assistant first showed me round it was quite simply a breath of fresh air after the round of hospitals and other care homes we had visited, and he himself gave me a very positive first impression of the home and staff there. From the budgies tweeting in the hallway, to the lovely gardens and the wonderful staff, it was such a relief to find somewhere we were happy for Mum to live. It has a lovely family atmosphere, and the Activities Coordinator does a superb job with the social activities, from Easter and Christmas fairs, to visits from friendly dogs wanting a pat, and visiting singers, she even does a review of 'what's happening in the news' to keep in touch with current events. The manager was very helpful and compassionate to us from day one, and sadly was also the one who had to break the news to us of Mum's passing, and rang us immediately even though it was 2am.
My only regret is that Mum was here for a relatively short time, we did think she would be at Clarence House for a few years, but it wasn't to be. But in that time everyone treated us with care and friendship and we were so impressed with the care and compassion given to all the residents living there. If only all care homes could be like Clarence House!

Submit a Review for Clarence House Rest Home

February 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Clarence House Rest Home