Oak Tree Mews Care Home, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire

Oak Tree Mews Care Home is an 18 bedded care facility offering Residential and Respite care. This period property has been fully modernised and refurbished to provide high quality accommodation in the popular market town of Moreton-in-Marsh.

Accommodation consists of comfortable lounge areas with specially designed furnishings and well-equipped bedrooms; some with views across the garden and the surrounding Cotswolds.

Chefs at Oak Tree Mews pride themselves on knowing the tastes of residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Tracey Milsom (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gloucestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 20 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: 65+. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Oak Tree Mews Care Home: click here

posted 17 Jan 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.4 Oak Tree Mews Care Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.403)

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Oak Tree Mews Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Oak Tree Mews Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.403 for Oak Tree Mews Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (116 Excellents x 5) + (81 Goods x 4) + (21 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 221 Ratings = 4.403

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Oak Tree Mews Care Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4 positive Reviews (20 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 4 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Oak Tree Mews Care Home

Over the past year, I have visited friends who were variously, either full-time resident, convalescent and in respite care. I have other friends in more expensive, four-star home type places which nevertheless seem much less friendly and caring. Most people want to go somewhere homely rather than like a hotel. The standard of food is as good as a hotel's. The garden is fully accessible, the views are really good and the staff could not be more helpful. They treat every resident as a valued individual.
It was my first choice when I thought I would need care but luckily I did not.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visit a friend in Oak Tree Mews once a week and the staff are always friendly and helpful. Her room is nice and she seems well cared for. Her memory is not good so I'm unsure about activities during the week, but I have been to various tea parties in the past.

She really enjoys seeing the Pat Dog each week. She doesn't walk very well but I think would appreciate being able to sit in the garden when the weather is warmer.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Likely

My mother-in-law is very happy and content in this home. She loves the carers and we think they are very pleasant, kind, patient and caring. They help her with everything including her hobbies. If we have any worries they very quickly help us sort them out.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My nan has settled really well, the staff are really friendly and always available and willing to help. She is really happy at the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care has been superb. Mum came in after suffering the death of her long term husband and being unwell. They have all supported, encouraged and cared at a very stressful time. Cannot thank everyone connected to this home for their unstinting support.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very good care but more social interaction could have been provided.

Too few staff.

Very good physical surroundings.

Very caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Likely

HC-One, Careline Team at Oak Tree Mews Care Home responded to this review on 27 Apr 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We really value the feedback provided by those who use our services.

We endeavour to have a dedicated Activities Co-Ordinator at each home to ensure a range of engaging and enjoyable activities are provided for all Residents, based on their individual likes and preferences. We are committed to providing Residents with the high quality, kind care they deserve and therefore tailor our staffing levels to ensure we can meet everyone’s individual needs.

We do review staffing levels and social activities on a regular basis. Currently, we feel that they are appropriate to the needs of the residents at the home.

I consider that my sister has been very fortunate to be a resident at this care home. In the months or so that she has lived there, she has received excellent care and attention. All the carers are kind, patient and ready to help. They perform their duties cheerfully and efficiently. The atmosphere is warm and very welcoming to residents and visitors.

As soon as I arrive on a visit I am offered a cup of tea/coffee. The carers ensure my sister receives and takes the medication she needs for her health problems. Her legs and ankles have changed from swollen to normal size and looking good thanks to the carers daily attention. The main downstairs dayroom is bright and well-furnished. My sister's own en-suite room is cosy, also well-furnished with a large window overlooking a lawn and lovely country views. If I ever needed a care home, I would choose this one.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot believe ow truly wonderful, loving, kind and humorous all the staff are here. It is a great relief to me to know how well my mother is looked after and the kindness of the staff extends to me for which I am grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother went into Oak Tree Mews on respite care for 2 weeks. The staff have been amazing, helpful and reassuring. In the two weeks she was there she gained confidence in walking, gained half a stone in weight and was fit enough to return home. I cannot take thank the staff enough for all their help.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

I brought my father to visit a longstanding friend, now a resident at Oaktree Mews. We had travelled from Lincolnshire, and were very grateful for the hospitality provided by the staff. They provided lunch for my father, and copious cups of tea for us both. My father and his friend were able to watch Wimbledon on TV for much of the day, better still, we were entertained by an excellent string quartet mid-afternoon.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

I could not have been happier how my husband was looked after. The staff were second to none. I feel there could be improvement on making the home brighter i.e. bedrooms, cleaning could be improved. The food was superb always, and nice presentation and piping hot, plus a good variation each day. I would not have any problem with him going back for respite, just make the home a bit brighter and cheerful decor wise.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

HC-One, Careline Team at Oak Tree Mews Care Home responded to this review on 10 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your lovely comments which will be passed on to the team at Oaktree Mews, we are pleased your husband enjoyed the food.
You have highlighted concerns about the standard of décor, we can confirm that there are plans in motion to paint and decorate the home.
Thanking you again for taking the time to provide really helpful feedback about the home. We value all feedback and ensure it is recorded and acted upon.

My mother has lived at Oak Tree Mews for 2 years. If it were not for the amazing staff she would not be with us today. The personal and emotional support she has received on a daily basis is exemplary. The staff work hard to fulfil all her needs. The food is excellent.
There has been several changes in management over the last few months which has caused some lack of continuity, however the new managers are, so far, going a great job.
The whole place is in desperate need of painting. The hand-rails need replacing in places (we mentioned this last year).

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

HC-One, Careline Team at Oak Tree Mews Care Home responded to this review on 02 Jun 2016:

Your kind comments will be passed on the team at Oaktree Mews.

You have highlighted concerns about the standard of décor at the home.
We are aware that there are some areas within our homes that need updating or repainting from time to time. We will endeavour to make this our priority and to replace the handrails within the home.

Over the last three years we have invested £100 million across all our homes to make these necessary improvements.
In the summer of 2015 we announced a major new investment programme, with a further £100 million investment which will enable us to complete refurbishments right across all homes. The first phase of this upgrade programme is currently underway at 50 homes, before expanding to all homes over the coming months.
The Home Manager operates an open door policy, please feel free to call in to discuss any concerns you may have.

This house is clean, warm and comfortable and the food is good. The carers are kind, cheerful and helpful. As the home is near to where I used to live I can have friends visiting me easily. We enjoy games and exercises regularly.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Don't know

I enjoyed my time and felt well looked after and secure. Staff and guests were all friendly and respectful. I had a bright and pleasant room.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have found the staff easy to talk to and the amount of care is very good. I have felt safe, and can confide in staff with any worries or concerns in a confidential way. My medication is managed well and I find my diet full of variety and I am provided with plenty of choice.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

I did a review relating to November recently when I said care had been received and was very pleased. Mum's condition deteriorated after Christmas. She died on 16th January. The care mum received was second to none. Special arrangements for nurses to visit mum daily to help carers and administer drugs as necessary 24/7 was arranged through the home and GP. Mum didn't want to go into hospital and everything was done to enable her to remain at Oaktree Mews. The care she received was exemplary. Nothing was too much trouble. All staff were caring, respectful and loving. They gave family support so well. For the last 3 days of mums life a spare room was made available for us to use. We slept there and were provided with meal and drinks. This allowed mums passing to be much easier for us. Fantastic help and support and love received.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff observant and sensitive to clients needs. Always ready to help with physical assistance and emotional support.
Actions are being taken and have been taken to fix some things that were in need of repair.
Not immediately clear where all the money is being spent.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Likely

HC-One, Careline Team at Oak Tree Mews Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jan 2016:

Oak Tree Mews residents receive the highest care standards possible from a skilled team who are sensitive to the individual residents needs. The building itself is in need of some upgrading which the Home Manager has identified. The company HC-One are investing in an on-going rolling programme of repair and upgrade without causing too much disruption to the residents. To date since September 2015, 6 rooms have been renovated with décor/ furniture, plus new carpets in the lounge and decoration to the public areas.

Our friend has been resident at Oaktree Mews Care Home for a number of years and particularly impressed with the way in which staff have taken considerable trouble to allow her to retain her freedom and independence within a residential situation. The accommodation is attractively maintained and the food is excellent. The staff always seem welcoming and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Tree Mews Care Home? Likely

The staff are positive and friendly - location lovely, the décor however is in need of updating, I understand this is being done. It would be nice if there were more activities to stimulate the residents. I have noticed too that there has been agency staff at the Home - I am hoping that this is short term. As my Mother has dementia and in need of routine and familiarity. The kitchen is has also been run be different staff - again I am hoping that the standard is going to go back to before, as the catering/food has not been as good.

Rooms: Poor

HC-One, Careline Team at Oak Tree Mews Care Home responded to this review on 26 Nov 2015:

We are grateful for Mrs Maxwell’s feedback regarding Oak Tree Mews care home. The home is currently undergoing room refurbishments. Three rooms are already complete and two due this month. The home manager is actively identifying areas that are in need of updating and working with the HC-One property department to implement necessary changes. Currently the lounge area is awaiting a new fitted carpet and re organisation which should be complete by end of November 2015. New soft furnishings and pictures for the landing area has also been ordered which we hope to receive soon.
Currently activities have been on an ‘ad hoc’ basis due to no activity co-ordinator in post. An appointment has been made to fill this post by 30th November 2015. The new co-ordinator has many years of experience at care homes in this role and will be co-ordinating personalised activity plans for residents. Including Chair exercise and music in which she is highly qualified. A full programme of activities will then be formulated to suit individual resident’s needs.
We understand Mrs Maxwell’s concerns regarding her mother’s routine. We have implemented a daily escorted morning walk to town to provide extra stimulation during a quiet period of activity when other residents are choosing to stay in their rooms. Quiz sessions take place most afternoons and a trip in the Christmas Lights in Stratford upon Avon has been planned in the homes minibus on the 10th December 2015. Local school children from Dormer House School will be coming to the home over the festive period for carol concerts and festive activities.
Agency staffing has been a concern to the Home manager. This has been due to staff with long term sickness. We have tried to make sure that in the event of agency staff being used that continuity has been maintained using the same regular agency staff who know the residents and the home routine. Currently the Home manager and Area Director for HC-One are reviewing staff numbers/recruitment to ensure that all available staff hours are filled with the most skilled staff to maintain the high care standards at Oak Tree Mews.

Submit a Review for Oak Tree Mews Care Home

May 2017

Recipient: HC-One

Recipient: HC-One

Tracey

Tracey Milsom

Introducing Tracey Milsom
Home Manager at Oak Tree Mews

What does ‘kindness’ mean to you?

“I believe that kind care involves meeting Residents’ needs and going the extra mile.”

Tracey has gained over 20 years’ experience in providing care and support to people, to enrich their lives. She is a knowledgeable and dedicated leader who is passionate about delivering the highest standards in care and quality of life for Residents.

Tracey joined HC-One as a Home Manager because she closely shares HC-One’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. She extends this caring approach to her colleagues and works closely with them to deliver care and support to Residents in a way that they gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

She also works hard to arrange events and activities with nearby schools and clubs and is always keen to include the local community in life at Oak Tree Mews.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, Tracey remarked: “I get huge satisfaction from providing high quality of care and making a difference to the lives of our Residents.”

Outside of work, Tracey enjoys swimming, watching films and spending time with her family.

If you would like to find out more information about Oak Tree Mews, Tracey has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal discussion.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Oak Tree Mews Care Home