Buckland Court

South Mill Road, Amesbury, Salisbury SP4 7HR

Buckland Court is registered for fifty residents and offers a team of skilled and friendly carers, able to provide care for older people and those with dementia, while also being able to offer day care.

Care homes from The Orders of St John Care Trust are well respected in Lincolnshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire where the voluntary sector charity has a strong presence after seeing healthy growth since it first opened homes in 1992.

All residents are supported in the pursuit of active lifestyle and personal interests, while benefitting from a care philosophy that prioritises dignity and independence alongside health, safety and security.

Group: The Orders of St John Care Trust

Person in charge: Esther Thomas (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wiltshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Buckland Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Buckland Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 25 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Buckland Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.716 for Buckland Court is calculated as follows: ( (218 Excellents x 5) + (73 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 296 Ratings = 4.716

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Buckland Court is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 10 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Buckland Court has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.716) from 25 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Buckland Court?

Reviewer Connection to Buckland Court

My mother has only been a resident since October 2017 but has settled in very quickly and has expressed that she feels safe and that the staff are all very helpful.
I am kept informed on my visits of progress in eating, weight gain and have been told that she is joining in more in activities.
The staff are very caring and respond to requests very efficiently. Having had a family member previously in another care home, Buckland Court is far superior in its attitude to care for residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

Buckland Court have been amazing in helping my dad settle smoothly into permanent residential care - their constant care, support and kindness have been brilliant and I can't thank all of the lovely staff enough for the hard work and commitment. (All done with a smile) Nothing is ever too much trouble and I always feel welcome when I visit and reassured that dad is cared for to the highest standard. Huge thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

My aunt has been lucky enough to call Buckland Court her home for just over a year now. I am constantly impressed by the levels of professional care and the atmosphere of warmth and love from the moment you enter her home.
Staff work together as a team to ensure that all who live here are treated with dignity and respect. Each person is treated and loved as an individual family member. The home cooking is delicious and there are loads of fun activities each day. Visitors are welcomed and I shall be forever grateful for how the staff have gently taught me about dementia and it impacts. They look after the whole family. We are blessed to have my aunt safe, nurtured and happy at Buckland Court. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

Our family have been and are very pleased with this care home our mother has, and is very happy and the staff are caring friendly and very patient.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

My mum loves it here. All the staff are brilliant and nothing is too much trouble. My mum loves the trips out that they organise. The care my mum receives is tremendous and it gives our family peace of mind that she's in the best place. My mum enjoys going to the day centre that they provide. Overall I would say "faultless"!!!

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

All staff at Buckland are to be praised to the highest at all times, night and day. My husband has had the most care and attention at all times. He will be leaving Buckland soon to go to a care home where we live in Salisbury, but I am hoping it will be of the same standard as I am keeping him or trying to keep him under the same umbrella environment as he has here, which I know he will receive.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

We never wanted mum to go to a care home. Luckily the decision was taken out of our hands, it was for her own safety.
Good decision, in the end, she now is looked after very well, has regular good meals and hot and cold drink regularly. Knowing she was safe and well looked after it gave me more time to care for my husband so I did not have to split myself in two. Thank you all so much for everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

My Mum was in Buckland Court from September 2014. She was treated with the utmost respect and dignity. Nothing was too much trouble. What she needed or wanted she got. The staff are amazing and she was so happy. I felt relaxed that Mum was being cared for so well. My sister and I could not have chosen a better place for Mum and for that we thank them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

My father has been a resident since March 2016 and I feel that he receives a very high level of care by compassionate and attentive staff. He enjoys a good personal relationship and rapport with the staff who treat him as an individual and whom I feel genuinely care about my father and his well being. He is lucky to have a great room which also enhances his circumstances.
When I visit I am always met by friendly and welcoming staff who always appear cheerful despite what is a hard job at times.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Buckland Court and its exceptional care staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

My mum has been at Buckland for nearly a year, and it is the best place we could have ever picked for her. She now calls it home. The staff are absolutely brilliant, especially the Care Leader. The care Mum has, has given my family relief that she is now being looked after properly. There are lots of things going on and the barge/canal trip. Mum went on the other week was brilliant for her. Although she keeps to herself, she has made friends with other residents, which is a joy to see. The cleanliness is great, room size great, people are so friendly. Mum and family know she is in the best home, feels safe and cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

The care, consideration and support is fantastic. My mother is very happy, which in turn makes me happy. Every carer takes the time to help her understand what is happening. Her every need is catered for.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

My nan was transferred in Jan/Feb 2017 from another care home. The care and attention has been outstanding since her move. Not only is she happy to be back in her home town, she's made friends and actually seems to have more sparkle. We put this down to the friendly, attentive staff that go out of their way to help with anything we ask. Her Care Leader stands out as being absolutely dedicated.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

The staff at Buckland Court are always friendly and helpful. They all seem to know my father well. The rooms are quite small but always very clean and tidy as are the toilets and communal areas. My father seems to enjoy the meals and there is always a cup of tea to be had! The residents seem to be happy at the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

I have recently been told that Buckland Court is falling down the "league table" of top homes.
What on earth more can this establishment do to gain top spot?
My sister has been a resident for three and a half years.
I can visit any time of day or night and without exception have a good welcome, everything appears perfect, the staff routinely go above and beyond their basic routines and there is nothing for me to worry about concerning the care my sister receives.
It is like being amongst friend rather than a business.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

A friendly, bright and clean residential care home custom-built on one level.
The staff are approachable and communicative and I have witnessed nothing but kindness towards their charges.
The food is excellent, rooms smallish but cosy.
Plenty of communal areas for activities and visiting.
In these last years of her life, I would not want my mother to be looked after anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

Buckland Court has been overwhelmingly caring towards my Mum. I have never witnessed anything at all that would cause me any concern and both myself and my sister can arrive at any time day or night. My Mum recently asked for two things to be added to the menu, cabbage and parsnips and they were added the following week. All of the carers are welcoming and friendly. I honestly believe she is only still with us because of how Buckland Court look after her - you should be proud of them.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

The most outstanding quality of Buckland court Care Home is the deep sense of kindness and cheerfulness displayed by all staff. Each patient receives a loving smile and a friendly word. The staff do try to maintain a light-hearted rapport with each patient. I am most impressed.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

This is the first time I have filled in a review form with regards to my mother. She moved into the home in May 2015, after a couple of days I believe she had settled in. Myself, my brother and sister cannot fault the staff and home in anybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

My mother has dementia and several other problems which are being attended to in a friendly, caring and dignified manner, and we as a family have no issues with the excellent staff and the care which they administer to her. My only observation is, due to the number of residents who don't have dementia, have no other recreation, stimulation or conversation (especially those who have no family to visit them) and spend their days with only the staff to talk to at mealtimes. I feel there could be an opening for a person to have a position in the home purely to address this. There was a lady several years ago who filled this role and some of the residents, other than those who would go to the day centre, benefited from her attention.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

Sue Tiller, Home Manager at Buckland Court responded to this review on 18 Jan 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am pleased to hear that you find our home a friendly and caring place. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to advise that after a brief absence, our Activities Coordinator will be back next week, when she will continue working to get to know residents better, which will help her to develop a feel for what activities will work best for each individual resident’s needs. I would of course be happy to discuss this with you further next time you are visiting the home.

My husband is receiving the best possible care available. As a family we consider ourselves so fortunate to have been able to come under the caring facilities of Buckland Court. During his stay we are receiving only the kindest of efficient care possible under the circumstances. We could not ask for more and appreciate all the home offers.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

My family and I cannot speak highly enough for the home and the brilliant staff who work and run it. It is a big decision to place a parent in a home but have no fear here. They very soon settle in and love it. Nothing is too much trouble and the efforts put in by the staff is second to none. We highly recommend it here. So, so relaxing when we visit, home from home comforts. A plus on everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

Sue Tiller, Home Manager at Buckland Court responded to this review on 13 Jan 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a lovely comment, I will pass on your kind words to my colleagues here at our home.

Staff very good, seem very caring. Rooms very small but ok (kept very clean). They have been decorating the inside a lot, much better). I am happy that my father is here and looked after his needs and welfare very well. Thank you Buckland Court. I think Buckland Court is run very well. We visit quite a lot and the staff are always busy and always talk to you. I have asked the Manager for a larger room when one is available.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Likely

Very positive view of Buckland Court. Very attentive lovely staff. They treat my mother with utmost respect and politeness. Also bringing her out of her shell to have laughs too. Excellent care all around. My mother likes spending time there. We are trying to hold out for a permanent placement at Buckland Court rather than anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Extremely Likely

I spent a day volunteering in this residential home. It was a lovely place to be involved with. The residents seemed happy and content and there was an air of care and friendliness at all times. The staff were hard working and very attentive to the ever changing needs of the residents. No one was left out or sat unnoticed. Senior staff were quickly on hand to deal with even the slightly concern about any of the residents. Lovely, clean and there seemed like a never ending stream of food and refreshments being offered all day, to all. I particularly liked the interaction of the staff with the residents in the days social activities.

I came away feeling like this was an honest, caring and friendly residential home with very hardworking and contented staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Buckland Court? Likely

The home manager and her staff were amazing, the level of care and friendliness was very good. Nothing was too much trouble. I called all times day and night and I was always greeted at the door with a smile and kind word. The staff were compassionate and considerate at all times. All the residents seemed well cared for and happy.

Submit a Review for Buckland Court

Esther

Esther Thomas

Joined: 2016

Buckland Court Residents are looked after by a highly dedicated team of 60 staff that include carers, an admin assistant and house keeping and kitchen staff. They are led by the Manager who is supported by a Head of Care and a team of three Care Leaders.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Buckland Court