Nelson House, Dudley, West Midlands

Nelson House is situated close to Dudley town centre and local amenities, where carers offer a warm, inviting, home from home atmosphere, ensuring a relaxed, safe and secure environment. The priority is to provide a high standard of care for the well being of each individual, ensuring happiness and contentment in their surroundings.

A hard working care team work closely with residents and their families as well as other visiting health professionals in order to achieve care packages that suit personal needs which promote essential quality of life, dignity and independence.

An extensive activities programme is in place to work towards creating an enjoyable lifestyle for residents that is beneficial to their long-term health.

All meals are cooked on site and the team offer nutritious, varied menus that are reviewed regularly with input from residents.

Basic fees are kept in line with local authority rate, whether state or privately funded, but there is a third party top-up for en-suite rooms and there may also be a third party top-up depending on each resident's individual needs and abilities.

Owner: Quality Care Home (Midlands) Ltd

Person in charge: Leah Unitt (Care Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 21 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, French, Panjabi, Punjabi, Urdu

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £417 – £509 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Nelson House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Nelson House: click here

posted 22 Nov 2017

Double, single room and en-suite single room. We accept both private and council funded residents.

9.7 Nelson House has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.679)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Nelson House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Nelson House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.679 for Nelson House is calculated as follows: ( (111 Excellents x 5) + (40 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 156 Ratings = 4.679

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Nelson House is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4.2 positive Reviews (21 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 4.2 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Nelson House?

Reviewer Connection to Nelson House

I recently stayed at Nelson House for respite stay whilst my daughter had a holiday. The care I received was very good and homely.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Extremely Likely

Nelson House promotes the concept that residents are at home, not IN a home. The management try a variety of ideas to promote individuals well being and meet individual needs.
The staff are always welcoming when you visit and are aware of mums state of health, needs etc. As my mothers only near relative, they are very supportive of my needs and are like a second family to myself and my mother. I have total confidence in the management and staff at Nelson House in providing my mum with the very best of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Extremely Likely

My husband went in on the 16-9-17 for two weeks respite for me to go on a holiday I had booked. I was pleased with the arrangement because he can not walk well and also very stubborn in his ways. The people that work there were very friendly to him and me.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Extremely Likely

I am looked after very well here. I have a lovely bright, airy large room. There are nice people to talk to. If I feel poorly I get a lot of attention. The food is good. I like the activities especially the art and craft session, the service with the Methodist minister and the visiting entertainment.
I like having my hair and nails done every week.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Extremely Likely

My sister is very happy at this care home.
She is well looked after, kept clean and fed.
They are kept stimulated.
The staff are very welcoming when I visit.
The home is very clean, you never get that smell that you get when there are a lot of people together.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Likely

My mom is very well cared for. I can go anytime to see her mom is always very clean, the food is all fresh not frozen. Mom can have anything she wants. The staff are lovely and very pleasant. I've got no worries about my mom being in Nelson House, they always tell me whats going on with mom's health. My mom is very happy in there.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Extremely Likely

My nan is happy and well cared for at Nelson House. The staff are very friendly and helpful and clearly understand my nan's needs. I have visited at different times of day and the staff are always very accommodating, offering drinks etc. The owners and the manager have good relationships with the residents too and I am confident that my nan is getting the best care and that the staff are treating her with kindness and respect. I would not hesitate in recommending this care home to others as I am very pleased with what I have seen when I have visited.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Extremely Likely

My mom went in for a week's rest bite. She has dementia. The staff got her settled in very quickly. Comfortable and homely home. When I visited mom she seemed happy and all the staff were very attentive. They also had singers there with piano and mom was even having a little dance. All in all very happy with service there and would not hesitate to take mom there in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Nelson House since July 2016 due to a fall at home that left her with a broken hip. The transition from hospital to Nelson House was handled with great care and understanding she has dementia and can get confused but all staff are patient and caring. Myself and the family are very happy with the standard of care she receives.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Extremely Likely

The decision to move my grandfather into residential care was not one that was taken lightly, like all families we wanted the best for him and at 103 we felt he deserved the best we could provide. I can say with all honesty, we have found that in Nelson House. His dementia can be challenging at times but the staff and the management team have risen to the challenge and have been consistent in their care and support of both him and of us as a family. Nothing is too much trouble, the standard of care, in my opinion, is excellent and the home has a unique family atmosphere where family input and support is encouraged. In the few months my grandfather has been there, he has flourished, gained weight and his personality is shining through once again. I cannot recommend Nelson House highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Extremely Likely

Since my grandfather arrived here in May, he has been looked after with professional carers who seem to have the time for his daily needs. Nothing is a tedious task and no job is a hardship. They are very caring and loving in every way. They are also very supportive and understanding of our family and are always there to listen to any concerns. My grandfather despite his dementia looks a different man and it is all thanks to them.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Extremely Likely

My father has been in Nelson House for 3 years. He has been looked after well by good staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Nelson House? Extremely Likely

My mother was admitted in January 2015 after leaving hospital. My mother has dementia and had been very ill. Whilst at Nelson House she improved tremendously, she started eating again and putting on weight etc. The care she receives is excellent. There are lots of activities, she can get involved with arts/crafts, entertainers, animals, keep fit etc. I can talk to the staff about any problems that arise. My mother is now a permanent resident of Nelson House, my mother is extremely happy there, which in turn makes me happy. I know she is safe, secure, well looked after and above all else happy where she is. I would recommend Nelson House to everyone.

Submit a Review for Nelson House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Nelson House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Nelson House