Goldstone, Cheswardine, Market Drayton TF9 2NA
The New Barn is a learning disability residential home registered for 11 residents.
The new barn consists of 11 single occupancy bedrooms, three on the ground floor and eight on the first floor, two of which are en-suites with shower, toilet and sink.
The new barn is set in a scenic, safe rural location surrounded with countryside. The new barn is set in the small village of Goldstone. Goldstone has a small shop which sells fresh produce from the local farms. The local farmers and villagers are very supportive of the home, attending the home's annual summer fete and making donations.
Service users are supported and encouraged to live as independently as possible whilst remaining safe and secure at all times
The New Barn specialises in providing residential care and support services to Adults with Learning Disabilities. All staff members have thorough background checks and full CRB disclosures. New staff members are trained in all mandatory courses before they commence employment.
The New Barn is specially adapted to suit the needs of adults with learning disabilities.
• 5 miles from the local town Market Drayton. Market Drayton has a variety of health professionals. E.g. Medical Practice, Dentist, Community Mental Health team, Learning disability day centre, chiropractor, foot health practitioner, opticians and a counselling service.
• The home is popular with local charities and councils by way of regular referrals for placements and respite care.
• The home has access to a wide range of outhouse activities such as cinema, bowling, swimming, safari park, picnic areas, local parks, gardens and nearby beaches. The residents are supported to have holidays if they wish.
• The home provides a wide range of in house activities such as arts and crafts, discos, food preparation, barbeques, summer fete. The staff will also arrange for entertainment to come to the home.
Group: The Bondcare Group
Local Authority / Social Services: Shropshire Council (click for contact details)
Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 11 Service Users
Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Eating Disorders • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults
Specialist Care Categories: Epilepsy
Admission Information: Ages 18+.
Single Rooms: 11
Rooms with ensuite WC: 2
Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £750 – £1250 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The New Barn to find out the exact price for your requirements.) (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The New Barn to find out the exact price for your requirements.)
Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room
Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The New Barn: click here
* Care Quality Commission is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.
There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The New Barn