Lime Tree House

119 Handley Road, New Whittington, Chesterfield S43 2EF

Lime Tree House, Chesterfield, Derbyshire

Lime Tree House is a small, nurse-led nursing home providing care for residents experiencing a mental health diagnosis, learning disability or brain injury.

The nursing team has a mix of specialisms to ensure a holistic approach when providing genuinely bespoke, person-centred care.

Opened in 2015, after a substantial refurbishment of an existing nursing home, it offers 10 ensuite bedrooms, and all residents are given the opportunity to have rooms personalised before admission, or once they have established Lime Tree as their new home.

There is a very busy activity programme, which is developed with the residents; this provides opportunities to develop independent living skills as well as providing entertainment and social interactions both within the home and in the community.

Resident involvement in the direction of service includes personal reviews, regular meetings and quarterly quality assurance questionnaires.

Lime Tree House satisfied the Derbyshire County Council Dignity in Care Award and was awarded the certificate in 2016. It seeks to continually improve the service provided in direct response to residents' needs and interests.

Owner: Lime Tree Care Ltd

Person in charge: Suzanne Robson (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Derbyshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 10 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £1350 Nursing Care Single from £1350 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Lime Tree House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Each admission is assessed individually and care fees are charged inline with an industry recognised fee calculator.

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

There are no set visiting times.

There is ample parking with plenty of street parking and a car park available.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Lime Tree House: click here

Suzanne

Suzanne Robson

Job Title: Registered Manager

Joined: 2014

My entire working life has been spent in the care industry, giving me over 20 years of experience.
I have worked with a range of client groups, to include learning disability, older adults, physical disabilities, children and mental illness. My work in day care included supporting people with brain injury.
In addition to my paid roles, I have carried out voluntary work promoting and enabling independent living for people experiencing both physical and learning disabilities.
I have worked for DCC since September 1998, during this time I have gained experience and knowledge through working in different roles and attaining formal qualifications. My time with Derbyshire county council saw me progress from care assistant to relief manager in a range of council homes in North Derbyshire. I have been registered manager at three homes, two homes I was registered manager for at the same time. I have spent time as a Domiciliary Service Organiser, coordinating care provision in the community.
I believe in the importance of encouraging dignity and respect in a caring and friendly environment. I am driven in creating a service that promotes inclusion; whether in social activities, the local community or in day to day living.

Glen

Glen Robson

Job Title: Responsible Individual/Clinical Lead

Joined: 2014

I have a broad range of skills and experiences including both care and hospitality industries. My time as a registered mental health nurse has seen me working with various client groups in a range of settings; including learning disability, forensics, older adults (with both organic and functional diagnoses) and personality disorders. The time I spent as a charge nurse, working for the NHS, included training learning disability and older adult’s workforce to prevent and manage violence and aggression. In addition, my nursing and management qualifications have enabled me to take on a role of registered manager for an older adults for an older adult’s residential home in Derbyshire.
I am a trained chef and have experience of training and managing hospital domestic and porter staff.
I am an advocate for person-centred care and impress on others the need for flexibility in the service we provide.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Lime Tree House