Capricorn Cottage

88 Eastgate, Fleet, Holbeach, Spalding PE12 8ND

Capricorn Cottage is a purpose built Home in truly stunning and enviable grounds and caters for service users with Learning Disabilities and more recently boasts a four bedded Dementia Care Unit.

The registered manager leads a committed and long standing team of staff who pride themselves on person centered care.

Compassion, care and commitment ensure that all those who live at Capricorn Cottage lead fulfilling and meaningful lives tailored to their individual capabilities.

The researched based design of the unit providing stimulation, safety and peace of mind for families.

Group: Pearl Healthcare Group

Person in charge: Christine Jones (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lincolnshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 34 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition

Specialist Care Categories: Cerebral Palsy • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Speech Impairment

Admission Information: Assessment thru S.Services & private personal budgets. Ages 65+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £434 – £600 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Capricorn Cottage to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Capricorn Cottage: click here

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Capricorn Cottage is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Capricorn Cottage in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.9 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.792 for Capricorn Cottage is calculated as follows: ( (84 Excellents x 5) + (22 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 106 Ratings = 4.792

The 3.941 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Capricorn Cottage is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 6.8 positive Reviews (34 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 6.8 Target = 0.441

8.7 Capricorn Cottage has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.733) from 9 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Capricorn Cottage?

Reviewer Connection to Capricorn Cottage

• Cousin of Resident/Service User
  • Father of Resident/Service User

Capricorn Cottage is a very friendly and welcoming care home. I have been visiting my cousin there for some time. The new management have made lots of positive changes, it is a bright clean and friendly place. They have a nice outside space for residents and visitors to use.
I live in London and just turn up to visit and it's always the same whether they know I'm going or not. This tells me that it's a natural environment and not just for when visitors are there.
I am really impressed with the care staff. My cousin has had some problems and had to go off to hospital (twice). The person who accompanied her rang me and gave me a full update on her treatment, ward name and number. She was there all night.
The staff keep me updated of her progress in case they have heard something I haven't.
Some might say they are just doing their job but they go beyond that, it's the extra mile.
My cousin has been really happy there and tells us every time we visit. That in itself gives me peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Capricorn Cottage? Extremely Likely

My brother has settled very well and is well looked after in all respects.
All staff and employees all do their jobs very well, with great care and respect for the residents. There are many activities organised for the residents if they wish to take part.
It is very reassuring to me and my husband that my brother is happy at Capricorn.

How likely would you be to recommend Capricorn Cottage? Extremely Likely

Chris Jones, Registered Manager at Capricorn Cottage responded to this review on 15 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your kind review.

Making sure that people feel safe, that they are happy in their home and spend their day in a way that means something to them, is very important to us and we are so pleased that you feel reassured that your brother is all these things.

The care given to my son is of the highest quality I am able to work and know that my son is safe and will be taken care of if taken poorly

How likely would you be to recommend Capricorn Cottage? Extremely Likely

I wish to make reference to Capricorn Cottage - a home where my daughter has lived since August 2008. I note the standards have declined in recent times, however since the manager has been in post, there has been a noticeable difference in raising the standards in all areas. I anticipate these will be maintained and future C Q C reports will reflect these improvements. I also note my daughter's demeanour has improved with a more caring approach to her and other people living at Capricorn Cottage. We will continue to support the manager and the new management team.

How likely would you be to recommend Capricorn Cottage? Likely

Gary Sherwood, CEO at Capricorn Cottage responded to this review on 17 Nov 2016:

Dear Robert, Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate your comments and will continue to bring the best service to all our residents at all times. This year saw the first change in registered manager for 30 years and a little time was needed for the new team to work their magic!

I am part of the volunteer team that provide bowling facilities every Monday morning. We were invited to Capricorn Cottage for lunch and a tour of the facilities. The home and day centre were busy, the residents occupied and content. The atmosphere was lovely and we were made very welcome. When visiting us the carers show kindness and compassion but are in charge of every situation. We have had some lovely games of bowls.

How likely would you be to recommend Capricorn Cottage? Extremely Likely

My brother has been going to Capricorn cottage for two years and loves it there sue and her team are amazing so kind and caring to both services users and there families there is always activities going on and the staff always take time and effort to personal get to know the services user and to learn there ways whenever you go into Capricorn Cottage there is always a lovely smell of cooking weather it is the amazing dinners they have or the home made cakes.

How likely would you be to recommend Capricorn Cottage? Extremely Likely

I find the staff are very warm and welcoming. They go out of their way to accommodate your needs, making it an easy transition when dropping off the person I support. He is often over excited at going for respite care and they cope with him in a very loving and caring way. This means his family can rest knowing he is very well looked after. He is always pleased to go there and very excited to tell us all about his activities during his stay. The facilities are excellent and as a carer I have always been made very welcome, I have met various members of staff and found them all very competent and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Capricorn Cottage? Extremely Likely

My brother moved into The Stables, a supported living accommodation unit on the site of Capricorn Cottage on the 13th December 2014. He absolutely loves living there, the level of care is fantastic, he lives there with two other people. He's always on the go, out and about socializing, going for walks, doing the grocery shop, getting help to look after himself, to wash up, hoover, dust, the washing etc. Since living at The Stables, my brother has become a lot more independent, his mobility has improved because of the healthy eating and exercise. I would very much recommend the facilities at this establishment.

How likely would you be to recommend Capricorn Cottage? Extremely Likely

My daughter gets so well look after by the staff. I know that whatever happens to her she is well cared for. She has been in other homes but this is the best I know. I can leave things in their hands, that is such a big thing for me, a big thank you.

Submit a Review for Capricorn Cottage

November 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Capricorn Cottage