Clipstone Hall & Lodge, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Clipstone Hall & Lodge is a vibrant home at the heart of its local community, just outside the market town of Mansfield.

The modern, purpose-built home specialises in residential and dementia care for older people and offers a wide variety of features. All bedrooms are en-suite and are furnished to the highest standard, designed specifically with residents’ comfort, privacy and independence in mind.

The home benefits from reminiscence rooms, a dementia café and a bright and engaging activity room. Residents also have the choice of a quiet lounge or family room when meeting with friends and family.

The enclosed gardens provide a pleasant and secure environment to enjoy the outdoors and residents embrace their role as 'henshioners' as they take responsibility for a brood of six hens, who came to live in the home in April 2016. The home is actively involved with the local community, from visiting local schools, to getting hands-on with the local gardening initiative.

Group: Orchard Care Homes

Person in charge: Claire Kirmin (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 90 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

From the centre of Mansfield, follow the signs for Clipstone village. Take the B6030/ Mansfield Rd until you reach Clipstone Hall & Lodge on your right.

Visitors welcome anytime.

Free on-site Parking.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Clipstone Hall & Lodge: click here

8.9 Clipstone Hall & Lodge has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.867)

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Clipstone Hall & Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Clipstone Hall & Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.589 for Clipstone Hall & Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (64 Excellents x 5) + (42 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 107 Ratings = 4.589

The 4.278 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Clipstone Hall & Lodge is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 18 positive Reviews (90 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 18 Target = 0.278

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Clipstone Hall & Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Clipstone Hall & Lodge

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

Mum has been at Clipstone Lodge (Dementia Care) for 8 months now and has settled in extremely well. She is always happy and content when we visit. She looks well cared for, hydrated and nourished. Mum takes part in lots of activities, from pub visits to photo frame decorating.
We have found all the staff, from administration to cleaning staff pleasant, caring and friendly. Mum has had one or two health issues to date and the staff have dealt with them promptly, have kept us informed and have even gone out of their way to collect out of hours prescriptions.
We, as a family, have no negative comments.

How likely would you be to recommend Clipstone Hall & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Caring, positive, helpful attitudes among staff who go out of their way to provide the best environment.
Homely, comfortable lounge, dining area/quiet room with bar and rooms with attention to cleanliness and replacement of décor if required.
Entertainment, occasionally, when witnessed, has been good,
Day trips to local pubs/restaurants provided on minibus occasionally. The home has pleasant gardens, residents are able to roam safely or sit outside and enjoy the warmer weather with patio doors giving easy access and staff readily available to provide any assistance.
Meals provided are good. Birthdays/special occasions catered for.

How likely would you be to recommend Clipstone Hall & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Claire Kirman, Home Manager at Clipstone Hall & Lodge responded to this review on 10 Aug 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a positive review for Clipstone Hall & Lodge, this will be greatly appreciated by the staff, who will be thankful for your kind comments. We are pleased to read that you are happy with the mealtime experience, as we strive to create a pleasing environment with good quality food for our residents to enjoy. There is a full programme of activities in place, which aims to meet the many different interests and likes of our residents, and if you do have any thoughts or suggestions about what your mother would like to do, please do feel free to highlight those to the team. I will pass your comments onto the team, who will be very pleased.
Claire Kirman, Home Manager

Mum was in Clipstone Hall for a week's respite. Mum had no issues and received very good care during her stay, carers and looked after her very well. We as a family were very happy with the team at Clipstone Hall.

How likely would you be to recommend Clipstone Hall & Lodge? Likely

Claire Kirman, Care Home Manager at Clipstone Hall & Lodge responded to this review on 14 Mar 2017:

Thank you very much for your review.
I am so pleased that your mother enjoyed her stay here at Clipstone.
We do strive to deliver the best care possible.
Best wishes.

I can't persuade my husband to tell me anything about his stay, but he was happy there and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Clipstone Hall & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Emma Strutt, Care Home Mnager at Clipstone Hall & Lodge responded to this review on 01 Mar 2017:

Thank you very much for your review of Clipstone.
I am so pleased to hear that your husband was happy during his stay here.
Our staff do strive to give the best care possible to all residents.
Kind regards.

The facilities and infrastructure of Clipstone Hall & Lodge were first class. During my mothers week of respite, she felt safe and comfortable to the point she did not want to leave. We are hoping her assessments are justifiable that she can return.

How likely would you be to recommend Clipstone Hall & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Claire Kirman, Care Home Manager at Clipstone Hall & Lodge responded to this review on 16 Feb 2017:

Thank you very much for your review.
It is great to hear that your mother enjoyed her stay with us.
If we can help and support in the future with any care needs, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.
Best Wishes.

My mother who is 100years old spent 9 nights on respite during October. This is the first time my mother has spent time in Clipstone Hall. We found everything to be very nice, the room, facilities and the home itself. The staff that we met or came into contact with were very helpful and caring. We had the home recommended by a relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Clipstone Hall & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Emma Strutt, Care home manager at Clipstone Hall & Lodge responded to this review on 18 Nov 2016:

Thank you very much for your review of Clipstone.

I am so glad that your mother enjoyed her stay, especially as it was her first experience in a care home, and that you felt at ease knowing that she was well cared for.
Our staff do work hard to make sure all our residents and their families feel comfortable and at home.

Kind regards.

I have been impressed with Clipstone Lodge/Hall right from my initial enquiry. I received a response to my email within 24 hours and came to view the same week. All the staff I have met been exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Mum had a home visit prior to respite care, when detailed information was gathered and recorded. During the weeks mum has been in care the high standards have been maintained - other visitors have commented on the pleasantness of staff and how nothing is too much trouble. This attitude spans the range of positions. I would recommend this care home, without any hesitation; as it is much better than others I have visited - very high quality provision.

How likely would you be to recommend Clipstone Hall & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Emma Strutt, Home Manager at Clipstone Hall & Lodge responded to this review on 01 Feb 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we value all the feedback we receive about our home. Our friendly and attentive staff at Clipstone Hall & Lodge are considerate of the needs and requirements of every individual resident, aiming to support them and their family as much as possible. We are pleased to hear this has been your experience.

Mum was treated with respect and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Clipstone Hall & Lodge? Likely

My nan was here on respite for a few weeks due to my mother being out of the country. My nan is a very typical Greek woman in which they have high standards, are fussy eaters and generally can be a little awkward in new situations. I was not based in the area and having to travel up from London every weekend so a little anxious her being up there alone.

The home is lovely, spacious grounds and really comfortably decorated. My nan's room was more than adequate in size and the facilities for residents are catered for by far. TV, Shower Room, Armchair with Table, all that was required I'd say. There's more than one lounge, a huge kitchen and I generally felt there was adequate space everywhere. Rooms are clean and public areas just as clean. The meals they provide were lovely and they even fed me a few times and it was delicious food.

Although the building and facilities are above average and more than adequate I have to say the staff make this place excellent hands down. Naturally the first couple of evenings were a little awkward for my nan (with her missing home and her surroundings) but I could not fault the staff and carers for how they handled the situation. On top of me calling every few hours to check hows things were (on top of my other siblings and family members) the staff were always informative, proactive and very understanding. Special thanks to them for taking countless calls from everyone and always being polite (at all Hours!) friendly and reassuring. And for adapting to my nan's ways and keeping an eye out on her and easing her worries, one carer in particular was outstanding. Her attitude to the residents, her caring nature, the countless requests that are thrown at her and just generally being awesome. Nothing too small for her and even sitting there when my nan was low and comforting her, really appreciate it.

Yes the first few days may be a little awkward but I have no doubt in my mind that the staff here at Clipstone Hall are the best at handling anything thrown their way and also handle it with that personal touch and care. First few nights I had tears on the phone from my nan to come and get her, by the end of her respite she was in no hurry to leave ....

Yet again thank you everyone involved. Huge respect from my nan's family. xx

How likely would you be to recommend Clipstone Hall & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Becky Green, Media Assistant at Clipstone Hall & Lodge responded to this review on 04 Sep 2015:

Thank you Theo for spending some time on writing this positive review. At Orchard, it is important to us that our staff know how to adapt to different situations and communicate effectively and it is great to hear that you recognised this. Our spacious and attractively decorated homes are designed to accommodate our residents as best as possible and we are very happy that your Nan felt settled in her room at Clipstone.

Submit a Review for Clipstone Hall & Lodge

October 2013

Dementia Quality Mark

Recipient: Clipstone Hall & Lodge

Date: Friday 11 Oct 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Clipstone Hall & Lodge