Maun View, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Maun View is a 77 capacity service from Runwood Homes who are widely respected in the care sector for their contribution to numerous personal care needs, such as long-term residential care, dementia, temporary respite and rehabilitation.

All Maun View carers have sound qualifications that allows the service to offer person-centred and effective care, within a warm and loving atmosphere.

Lounge and dining areas are well-furnished and comfortable, suited to individuals with mobility issues and conditions like Alzheimer's.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Kate Gilvear (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 77 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Lift • Wheelchair access • Bar/Cafe on premises

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Maun View: click here

9.1 Maun View has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.091)

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Maun View is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 27 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Maun View in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.701 for Maun View is calculated as follows: ( (271 Excellents x 5) + (29 Goods x 4) + (13 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) + (9 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 324 Ratings = 4.701

The 4.39 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Maun View is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15.4 positive Reviews (77 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 15.4 Target = 0.390

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Maun View?

Reviewer Connection to Maun View

Both my parents have been residents here for 7 and 4 years. They have both been very settled and happy - despite my mother being extremely difficult. The care has been excellent and the staff are always very kind and considerate. Any concerns I have ever had have been dealt with promptly and efficiently. I would have no hesitation in recommending the home and a home is what it is - to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

My father is really happy and comfortable. The staff are very nice and caring. The cleanliness is good but could be slightly better. Overall really happy.

Excellent nursing/care home.
Nothing whatsoever to complain about.
Everything possible is done to make the residents feel safe and cared about.
There has been a vast improvement in my father since being here and he does not ask about going back to his home so he has settled in from the first day here.

Excellent care.

Activities: Very Poor

My mum has been attending daycare for nearly a year. I am extremely happy with the care she gets. All the staff are like family to my mum who has dementia. I get great support from the staff who have helped me so much.

Mum loves the lovely food they serve. When mum stays in for respite I know she is getting the best care. Maun View will definitely be the care home I will choose when she needs full-time care.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

The food was very poor, the staff were not interested in being there, you could never find a staff member unless you looked in the staff room, we had a few occasions where my grandma was found after a fall (sometimes outside via a broken fire escape that was not fixed) and staff were unable to advise how long she was on the floor or outside for that matter. After raising concerns nothing was ever done about it. We moved my grandma to a new home and she has put on weight and is a lot happier in herself. I would never recommend this home to anyone who actually wants loved ones to be cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Unlikely

Activities: Very Poor

Management: Very Poor

Safety / Security: Very Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

On reflection from my Mom going into the care home and up to the present day, I feel that the care and professionalism of the care home has been very good. The staff from high to low act in a very good and positive way towards the residents as well as the families who feel reassured that the residents are being cared for 24-hours a day. I think that the whole package of the care home is second to none and after visiting my Mom, I feel that I am leaving her in very capable hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

When my Mum-in-law went into Maun View Care Home, it was very emotional knowing this lady for 47 years and being a big part of her life, it was very sad. The management and staff of Maun View welcomed my Mum-in-law like their own and since day 1 have treated her with dignity, care and not only supported my Mum-in-law but all of our family as well. She's eating and drinking and likes to mix with the residents. Knowing she's safe and secure 24/7 puts my mind at rest. Maun View is a very welcoming care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

We were all upset that my mother-in-law had to go into a nursing home but now she is in Maun View we can relax knowing she is in a safe, caring environment. The staff are really friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them when it comes to caring for my mother-in-law and the other residents. We know she is eating proper meals and drinking plenty of liquids which she wasn't doing at home. We are impressed with the standards of cleanliness and hygiene. The best thing is now knowing my mother-in-law is safe, happy and cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

When my Grandmother first went into Maun View, I was optimistic but this was because we wanted as a family to keep our Grandmother in her own home. The staff have welcomed my Grandmother like their own! The place is very welcoming and they have offered great support to our family not only emotionally but with outside agencies. We feel that much care and dignity was shown at all times and we feel that she is now safe and secure within Maun View.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

The care for my mother has been very good and satisfactory. The staff and management have been very helpful. My mother's health seems to have improved since going into the home - she is eating better than when she was in her own home. I feel she is being looked after very well and is in a safe and secure environment which gives all the family peace of mind. The home has agreed to let Mam have her own double bed from her house into her room which she likes and is encouraging her to sleep better and settle down.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

Since my Mamma was taken care of by the home, care and dignity has been to a high standard. The staff/management have contacted the family with changes and any appointments. This also provides reassurance with how her days have been, whether they are good/bad. When I see my Mamma in Maun View, I feel she appears content and happy when I have visited. The staff are very welcoming to all family and have been immensely supportive in all situations.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

When searching for a care home for my father in early 2015 I visited 6 homes locally before opting for Maun View. My choice has been justified by the excellent service my dad received. The care and attention he received from all members of staff was exemplary. Particularly when he needed medical attention that was quite frequent towards the end of his life. The criticism I would make is that on numerous occasions during my frequent visits residents alarms were left operating for long periods of time, suggesting staff shortages particularly at weekends. This was my experience on upper floor only.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

I must say I am impressed with all the staff. The manager and deputy are fantastic recently my dad passed away, everyone could not have given me more support, I felt they were extended family, I have never felt so supported. Prior to my bereavement and my dad was extremely well looked after, staff went the extra mile as he could be very difficult, I would and do recommend to everyone I meet who is looking to put their loved one into a home. I feel they are not just a care home they are much much more. Thank you Maun View.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

I moved into this home because my wife was ill, whilst I was staying here she died, I now live her permanently. I think it's a home from home, safe and I am really well looked after. The staff and manager are great.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

I wanted to share the experiences I receive at Maun View staff are so good they tend to my every need, we have a new activities person he is great, life doesn't get any better recently we had a pancake tossing day. It was great we are now in the newspaper and famous- I love it here.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

I am a regular visitor to Maun View my friend has lived there for 4 years, he is a difficult man but staff pamper him, he is so looked after, he is always being offered refreshment, the activity program suits everyone, he always looks clean. This will be my chosen home when the time comes, great management - good all round environment. Excellent facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

I have not lived at the care home long, I have lived alone in a big house so this was a big decision; guess what I love it. Recently we celebrated valentines day, wow it was great. I really felt alive and included, would recommend this lifestyle for anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

I enjoy myself at Maun View it is a very pleasant and comfortable home. I am so glad I came to live here.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

I was visiting recently and the home was celebrating St Patricks Day, the handyman was dressed as a green elf, beer was flowing and the home had put on entertainment. It was so good, my mum is so happy at the home. The manager has been a source of information and support. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

I do have spells of respite in Maun View, it's lovely. I feel cared for and looked after. I love Maun View.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

I am a resident, I like being here, I think the carers are lovely. Thank you Maun View.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

I have lived here a long time, this is now my home and I love it here. I am very happy thank you Maun View for being so kind and thoughtful.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

Always found staff helpful and mum seems happy in the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

My dad has been here for around six weeks now, and has settled in really well thanks to the marvellous care and attention he receives from all the team. I know he is safe, spoken to in a dignified manner, included in various activities, fed delicious food from a varied menu, helped with his personal care and lives in a lovely environment. I would not hesitate to recommend Maun View.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

I have come into Maun View on respite to give my husband a break as he is my main carer. At first i was not sure, i was worried, i need not have worried, i am truly enjoying my stay it is a lovely place, staff are amazing. They are professional, caring. The manager and deputy are very nice and are always there for me to talk to. It is a lively place, staff always take time to laugh and joke, i cannot say enough nice things about the home. I would love to stay but what would my husband do without me to nag him. Just my little joke. Thank you everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Maun View? Extremely Likely

This home is wonderful, it's clean, fresh, friendly, foods great. There is always something happening in the home, the manager is always about the home, she is friendly. The handyman and activities lady are a laugh - its the best home for miles.

Submit a Review for Maun View