Westwood care home in Worksop is registered for 79 service users, aspires to consistently high standards of person-centred provision and employs skilled individuals.

The care home is an excellent environment for older people and is fully-equipped for the effective practice of dementia care and general nursing, with all packages tailored to individual requirements.

Westwood is well-situated for nearby amenities and looks to respect the independence of clients.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Jimitha Jacob (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 79 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Admission Information: Ages from 50 to 100.

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Lift • Wheelchair access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Westwood: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Westwood is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 23 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Westwood in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.672 for Westwood is calculated as follows: ( (189 Excellents x 5) + (65 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 265 Ratings = 4.672

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Westwood is based on 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15.8 positive Reviews (79 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 16 Reviews ÷ 15.8 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Westwood has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.672) from 23 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Westwood?

Reviewer Connection to Westwood

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

I had a wonderful Mother's Day meal with my mum. The tables were set lovely with flowers and tablecloths. The host was wonderful and treated us so well. A lovely couple of hours.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

Mum has been a regular at Westwood with frequent spells of respite and now is a permanent resident. Our experience whilst mum has been in respite ultimately determined our decision for mum's long-term future in residential care. Almost every staff member who we have contact with treats us both with respect and dignity and genuinely care for all residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

Dad has only been at this care home a few weeks but from day one they made him feel welcome. It was his birthday in February and everyone in the home made his day special. It's a very friendly place with lots of activities going on. We, the family, have peace of mind knowing he is being cared for with compassion and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

Just spent the afternoon celebrating Valentines Day with the residents and staff of Westwood. The amount of care the staff show the residents is obvious whenever I visit, but today watching the residents and staff joining together to dance to ‘Pretty Woman’ and ‘Love Train’ was just amazing. Everyone was smiling and joining in and kept asking for more fast numbers. It was obvious the amount of hard work that had gone into organising the event. The staff were brilliant at helping the less able residents to join in the dancing safely. Thank you for all the hard work and care all the staff show to the residents

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

I would recommend this care home, they have looked after my mum since November and it's a safe and caring place. My family feel much better knowing that my mum has everything she needs. I think it's the best place for my mum. The staff and manager are helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

The entertainers, staff and carers are all as I'd want to be treated. The entertainment staff are very caring and involved with residents. I have seen lots of seasonal work and entertainment. It's very communicative and it involves the residents which helps them to enjoy daily activities.
A lot of work goes into each activity, keeping residents quality of life as normal as can be.
The carers are very nice to all the residents.
Excellent staff. It's the best care home I've been in yet.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

I watched the staff and entertainers do a Christmas show, it was brilliant. It got all the residents singing and some dancing.
It was a lovely experience to see as a guest visiting and to see the residents being involved.
The staff work very hard daily and I could see the residents enjoyed the show.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

Our mum was brought in to this home for R&R after a fall. We have found management and all staff to be caring, helpful, courteous, very kind, patient and humorous. Mum has early onset dementia and although retreating a little, is very aware and sharp in her mind. She shares jokes and fun with the staff. Although we would like her to be able to access physiotherapy within the home, if this doesn't happen we will have to look at alternative care, until then, a big thank you to all of Westwood for all your care and help.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

I moved my cousin into Westwood. I have nothing but praise for the way the staff treat him, from the cleaning staff to the carers, management, in fact, all staff are amazing, such respect, kindness and support. I really don't know how I would manage without them. they update me and welcome me when I visit, the place is clean and clients well looked after and happy. My cousin says the staff are so caring (he calls them 'little mothers'!) I am so pleased to have found Westwood and would be happy recommend to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

We were received with smiling faces and shown our apartments and all the rooms we could use. We (my husband and I) were welcomed warmly and helped willingly to settle in.
All the staff are very helpful and respectful coming here is one of the best decisions we made.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

Very helpful and care and attention by taking away the stress I was having at this time in my life and helping me to continue a restful period in my life.
Looking forward to being looked after and to enjoy my stay here.
I find the staff very friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

Starting from management down to carers and cleaning ladies, everyone is really pleasant and willing to help us. Always trying to please everyone helping them to join in all the activities available. Thank you so much, XX.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

I broke my ankle in two places and could not put any weight on it. My husband has dementia and could not look after me. I was very well looked after by all the care workers. I was treated with care and respect. My stay was only for two weeks until home care could be arranged.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Likely

We got my grandad straight in for respite because of his age and query dementia. The care and the staff have been exceptional. Very welcoming and settling for my grandad. Overall we are very satisfied with his care. His carer is a credit to the home. She is so caring and compassionate.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

My family member has been a resident here since last September and she received wonderful care. Through previous experience, I feel this is the best residential care facility in the area. The staff, from the manager to house keeping have shown the best overall care, covering all her needs. The care plan is individually designed. The home has a wonderful atmosphere and has a lot of activities planned throughout the year. Well done Westwood.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

Apart from a few things that I don't think they can do anything about, such as staffing as they seem to be short staffed. Some staff are not very good at their job. Some of the staff are absolutely brilliant.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

My father was admitted on an emergency referral due to the constant falling. Got my dad in at 8.30 on a Sunday night. Staff are extremely helpful.
Since my father has been in Westwood for the last 6 weeks, he has received excellent care and is treated with dignity. As a family, we are most appreciative of everyone who has supported my father, he has also taken part in activities and thoroughly enjoyed it. Many thanks again. I would personally like to thank all the carers, but there are some people in particular who showed fantastic support towards my father. My father has recently been readmitted and still is in residence.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

A very well organised home. Staff are caring and helpful in every way. All aspects of this home are most satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

I attended the Thursday morning singalong with my mother and really enjoyed it and my mother never stopped laughing and clapping. Singing old songs brings memories to them about when they were younger.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

Mum is going through a difficult stage of Dementia where she wanders a lot at night, can argue and resist being washed and dressed and eats poorly. She has been treated with dignity at all times. She is always dressed and very clean, they have gone the extra mile in trying to tempt her to eat and drink. We are sorry that she has to leave this home as she has deteriorated beyond their ability to care now.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

My brother has been a resident for 2 years because he has Downs Syndrome his needs are different to some of the other residents. He had always been used to going to a day centre and being involved in activities. Westwood day time activities are extremely good and happen most days. The activity coordinators are excellent. The care offered to my brother is excellent and everyone makes him feel included. All the staff work hard and offer a great service.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

Lovely to see residents taking part in the activity provided, which was movement to music. The instructor involved all the residents. Touching to see and hear the residents doing this activity.

How likely would you be to recommend Westwood? Extremely Likely

The staff in the home on our visit were absolutely fantastic, providing engaging entertainment and trying to include all residents. The Activities Coordinator was especially good throughout the visit - an asset! All residents were known by their names, even those that had not been there long. All residents were clean and comfortable and staff ensured their safety at all times.

Submit a Review for Westwood