Bryn Haven

Brinnington Road, Brinnington Road, Brinnington, Stockport SK5 8BS

Bryn Haven, Stockport, Greater Manchester

Bryn Haven is a delightful property that has been refurbished and upgraded to suit the practice of modern care, suitable for adults with complex mental health and dementia.

Clients have en-suite bedrooms, with privacy and an active lifestyle supported, access to a summerhouse, a greenhouse and a vegetable plot.

Bryn Haven is also suitable for residents with mobility issues, with carers looking to understand the needs of each individual.

Group: Borough Care Ltd

Person in charge: Francine Riley (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 42 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Bryn Haven: click here

posted 19 Feb 2018

One long stay vacancy and one short stay vacancy.

9.7 Bryn Haven has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.688)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Bryn Haven is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 23 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Bryn Haven in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 19 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.688 for Bryn Haven is calculated as follows: ( (199 Excellents x 5) + (62 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 272 Ratings = 4.688

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Bryn Haven is based on 19 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.4 positive Reviews (42 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 19 Reviews ÷ 8.4 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Bryn Haven?

Reviewer Connection to Bryn Haven

This wonderful home has cared for my father for the last four years with advanced dementia. The team have been wonderful during that time; always loving and caring of my Dad and a source of constant support and care for my Mum too.
My Dad died last week and the team could not have been more professional, kind and considerate. They clearly loved my Dad and it meant the world to us, as his family.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home Manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 20 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your kind words, dad was a big part of our extended family here at Bryn Haven

Couldn't wish for my mum to be in a better care home. Friendly, patient and very caring staff who always go above and beyond the call of duty! My mum is always lovingly cared for and treated with kindness and dignity.

The trips and activities that are planned are brilliant and great value for money. My mum always thoroughly enjoys them and I really appreciate the effort the staff put in to making them happen.

I would recommend Bryn Haven 100%

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 28 Sep 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind review

My husband started suffering from vascular dementia 17 years ago. I took care of him for 13 years with gradually worsening health. Eventually, I had to listen to my children and find somewhere for him to go.
I think I hit the jackpot with Bryn Haven. He is very well cared for, well fed and most importantly happy!
Though he no longer walks or talks and has to be assisted with meals, he is always treated with patience and respect.
As I visit him at very odd times and they never know when I am coming I have observed their care first hand. Never once have I felt his dignity was being compromised.
Full marks to all the staff at Bryn Haven.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 31 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your very kind words.

We have found the staff at Bryn Haven to be caring and loving which is exactly what you need when a loved one makes the transition to a care home. My mum has been eating better she enjoys the food and activities and has a sparkle in her eye. The staff are extremely busy but always happy to speak to family members and update us regularly.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home Manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 22 Aug 2017:

Thank you so much for your review of Bryn Haven.

The management are professional and deal with issues immediately. Their strong leadership and caring attitude creates a very positive and caring culture amongst the staff. All the staff are extremely helpful, kind and happy even when very busy. The food is excellent and home made.
The home is cleaned daily and it's done to a high standard. The home has activities often. I am so relieved and happy that my mum lives here.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

Thank you so much for your review of Bryn Haven.

I would like to recommend Bryn Haven Care Home as a really lovely care home. My mum is a resident there and since moving in I am very pleased with the care and support we have been given by all staff at the home. They all are very kind, friendly, and very attentive to all the residents there. They have made all the family welcome and have helped Mum settle in with all the kindness and support she needed. As a family, we all are happy with all their support they have given us.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home Manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I'm extremely happy about the way my mum is being cared for, she has only been here a few weeks and already she is putting on weight and her feeding abilities are coming back. Staff are always there to help if we need them, so glad my mum is being cared for by this care home. Thank you to all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 07 Aug 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind words.

A caring environment with friendly staff in a residential home that is as understanding and supportive as it can be to my wife who has vascular dementia and Alzheimer's problems.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Karen Smith, Deputy Manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 18 Jul 2017:

Nice to hear that you are happy with all the care and support your loved one receives here at Bryn Haven

I am very satisfied with the care my mother is receiving. The home is bright and clean with a very pleasant atmosphere. Everything is well organised. The staff are kind and caring and very attentive. My mother has settled in well and seems to be very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home Manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 07 Jul 2017:

Bryn Haven would like to thank you for your kind words.

My wife has been in Bryn Haven since 2012 - it is a wonderful place. The quality of care is phenomenal and we can talk to all the staff and discuss all concerns. We have privacy, dignity and total trust, we have the best possible care. The rooms are comfortable and private, there is no distress or trauma anywhere in the home. The food is excellent. The new manager took over the 'chair' brilliantly with no fuss, and with total professionalism. I hope that when my time comes, Bryn Haven will find a room for me!!

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home Manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 03 Jul 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind words and your review.

My wife and I are very happy with the care Mum receives. Every member of staff we have met is caring, considerate, gentle and (when needed), business-like.

It is lovely the way each person shows such a warm attitude to Mum and we are always impressed whenever we visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home Manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 27 Jun 2017:

We would like to say thank you to you all for your kind review.

My first impression on visiting Bryn Haven to check if it would be suitable for my husband was how nice and bright it was and very clean.
I also like the personal touches which make it as much like home as possible.
Bryn Haven has turned out to be a happy place and I cannot fault the staff who are very compassionate and caring towards the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Likely

Your kind words are much appreciated, thank you.

Since my husband, who has advanced Alzheimer's disease, was admitted to Bryn Haven care home eight months ago, I have found it a welcoming and friendly place. Staff display a cheerful, patient and caring manner towards residents. Coming away from visiting my husband, I can feel confident that I am leaving him calm, comfortable and cared for. Management is efficient, records are maintained and staff turnover appears low.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Likely

Francine Riley, Home manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 26 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review of our home.

Mum has been a resident at Bryn Haven since September 2015. When we visit, the staff on duty always acknowledge our presence saying hello to us and responding to any questions we have. The manager and staff appear to be genuinely caring and nurturing towards my Mum. Mum, despite her illness, has seemed content since her admission and has shown no signs of any distress. My wife and I feel Mum is looked after as best as is possible and are grateful to the team for taking such good care of her.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Likely

Francine Riley, Home Manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 26 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your kind review of Bryn Haven.

My experience of Bryn Haven and all the staff has been a very reassuring one.
The word "care" is the central impression and patience when I have been visiting. I highly recommend Bryn Haven. The food is also food and plentiful. I look on it as family.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 22 Jun 2017:

Thank you very much for your review of Bryn Haven

Dad has been in Bryn Haven for 3 years this month. As a family, we cannot fault the care he has been given. The staff have looked after dad as if he were their dad. He is treated with love and dignity. Placing dad in the care of Bryn Haven was the best way we could have ever cared for him. Massive thank you to all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home Manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 20 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your kind words.

My father-in-law has been in here for over three years, we go and visit him every week and in all that time I have never seen anything but love and care for the residents, they are so nice with everyone and they always have a smile to greet you. They truly do a fantastic job.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 19 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your kind words .

Mum has been a resident since Mid 2015. Although she took a while to settle in initially, she is now very happy and she obviously feels safe and secure. Mum's room is smaller than some and the furniture is tired but serviceable. Her clothes are washed and dried with care and returned to her room, although occasionally, we find her wearing clothes not belonging to her and have noticed other residents (occasionally) wearing her clothes.
Mum rarely seems to have any footwear on, despite having over ten pairs of footwear somewhere in the home.
That said, mum is happy and generally unaware of her condition, which is in a fairly advanced stage. The carers appear to genuinely care for all the residents and give and receive hugs and kisses. They get to know each resident personally.
The medical care provided by the GP's etc who visit the care home are reliable and consistent. As a relative of a resident, I have been generally happy with the care provided to mum and would not consider moving her elsewhere, particularly because mum now considers this care home to be her home and the carers to be her friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 15 Jun 2017:

Thank you very much for your review, Carole.

It is a very daunting and upsetting thing to do, but as soon as I stepped into Bryn Haven, it felt right.

I like the way a resident profile is done, so everybody is treated as an individual.

I was allowed to make Mum's room personal without any limits which helped Mum to settle in.

The staff are very approachable if I have any concerns about anything. Very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your kind words Christine

The social worker recommended this care home for respite. My husband went there twice and was happy. Then he needed to go in full time, so we chose the same place. It is very simple with no extra grand facilities, but we had to think about finances and the future. The carers are very good and pleasant, and there are plenty of them. Special dietary needs are being followed, without any fuss. There are plenty of chairs so that visitors can easily sit with their resident. Our family is happy with the home, and my husband is happy. There are no bad incidents from the carers.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Likely

Francine Riley, Home manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 18 Jul 2016:

Thank you very much for your review Ruth.

All the staff are very good and look after my father and give him 100% support. They are all very caring and kind and I feel this home is excellent in all ways for this type of illness the residents have. I would, and have recommended this home to about five other people.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 16 Feb 2016:

Thank you very much for your review Mike.

Staff at Bryn Haven are very good and receptive and look after my wife with excellent care. The home is very welcoming and friendly and I would recommend Bryn Haven to anyone who is looking for care or treatment.

How likely would you be to recommend Bryn Haven? Extremely Likely

Francine Riley, Home manager at Bryn Haven responded to this review on 15 Feb 2016:

Thank you Bill for your review.

After making the reluctant decision that our father needed 24 hour care my brother and I looked around several homes in Stockport. On entering Bryn Haven we knew immediately that this was the right place for him. Luckily there was a vacancy and after a trial period he became a member of the wonderful family there, It hasn't always been easy, for him or the staff, as my father took quite a while to settle but the staff were wonderful and very patient (even after several attempts by him to run away!). We now have peace of mind and know that our father is safe and being well cared for by all the staff here.

The home is very welcoming and clean. The rooms are kept to a very high standard and the food choice is excellent. The residents are kept well dressed and groomed. I would highly recommended Byrn Haven to anyone looking for a safe and caring environment for their relatives.

Submit a Review for Bryn Haven