Shepley House

Eyam Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport SK7 6HP

Shepley House is a purpose-built and refurbished care accommodation, that Borough Care have developed to make sure it suits modern care standards and allows professionals to fulfil their potential.

Also providing a day care service, the aim is to maintain an environment in which residents can remain active and practice their independence while having their well-being safeguarded.

A large garden and summerhouse adds to the enjoyment of picturesque surroundings.

Group: Borough Care Ltd

Person in charge: Nerys Carpenter (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 43 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Shepley House: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Shepley House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Shepley House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.675 for Shepley House is calculated as follows: ( (115 Excellents x 5) + (48 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 166 Ratings = 4.675

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Shepley House is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.6 positive Reviews (43 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 8.6 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Shepley House has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.675) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Shepley House?

Reviewer Connection to Shepley House

My adorable mum spent the last few months of her life at Shepley House. I visited her every day and couldn't have been happier with the excellent management and amazing carers at this home. Nothing was too much trouble. I wish I could mention names in this review because my mum was so well loved by the staff and management here. I really can't thank them enough for making my mum so comfortable, each and every staff member has a heart of gold and are so welcoming. I will continue to visit Shepley House because I've made some great friends there and it was always a pleasure to visit them and my mum. Without mentioning names I will always be eternally grateful for your warm, friendly and caring nature, not to mention the professionalism with which everyone carries out their duties. The rooms and communal areas are spotlessly clean. There is a heartwarming warmth as soon as you walk in. Every one of the staff know how happy my mum was, so once again thank you all so much you are true superstars.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

Nerys Carpenter, Home Manager at Shepley House responded to this review on 16 May 2018:

It was an absolute pleasure to have known your mum and to take care of her. All the staff will miss her greatly and please keep in touch.

Shepley House is an excellent professional and caring home.
The carers certainly deserve their name as nothing is too much trouble for both residents and visitors.
There are activities each day and also excursions which many residents seem to enjoy.
I would certainly recommend Shepley House to any other family or friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

Nerys Carpenter, Home Manager at Shepley House responded to this review on 03 May 2018:

What wonderful and fantastic comments - A Big Thank You!

Myself and the whole Team are so very pleased and can't stop smiling.

My wife has been in Shepley House for seven months. She is very happy and enjoys the surroundings. Care staff are very kind and supportive, the activities person is very good.

I am happy that my wife is here and enjoying her state of life.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

Excellent service from the start and Mum has been well looked after since moving to Shepley House on 11th January 2018.
All staff very welcoming and helpful.
Good atmosphere and encouragement from everyone.
Would definitely recommend to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

Nerys Carpenter, Manager at Shepley House responded to this review on 08 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Jane, your words mean so much and your mum is an absolute treasure.

Mum always seems happy and well cared for the staff are friendly and helpful with the residents always calling them by name and having a little chat with them. We are always made welcome and encouraged to ask any questions.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

Nerys Carpenter, Home Manager at Shepley House responded to this review on 02 Mar 2018:

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I will ensure everyone knows.

I think the residents have an excellent standard of care and attention. The staff are very caring in all departments.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

Nerys Carpenter, Home Manager at Shepley House responded to this review on 27 Feb 2018:

Thank you for a lovely review. The team will be very pleased.

The time my friend has been here I found the place clean and well organised. I would like to mention the staff are very helpful and pleasant. I would recommend Shepley House if I was asked.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Likely

Thank You. Opinions count to ensure we are doing everything correctly and that our residents, friends and families feel comfortable at Shepley House.

My mum has been resident at Shepley House for the last three years. Her care during this time has been excellent, the staff are friendly and thoughtful. They deal with my mum in a professional manner and always treat her with respect. If there are any issues or concerns these are dealt with in a timely fashion by the staff and management.
The standard of food is excellent and there is always plenty of choice.
Recently an activities officer has been employed at the home. This now means that activities are arranged on a daily basis which is a very positive move. This new member of staff is full of energy and enthusiasm and does an excellent job. It was my mum’s birthday recently and a singer was brought in to entertain her and the residents. My mum loves to sing along and despite her Alzheimer’s disease, she knows all the words to the songs. The kitchen staff also baked her a cake.
My mum is happy at the home and I am also happy with the level of care she receives.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

Nerys Carpenter, Home Manager at Shepley House responded to this review on 08 Feb 2018:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will pass onto everyone and its a pleasure to have your mum stay with us. The staff work very hard and the enthusiasm shown is uplifting to all!

Our mother came into this care home in November 2014. She settled in well and is very happy here. This was a huge relief to her family. During this time we, her family, have witnessed some changes but more recently there was a change of manager. She has definitely brought new life and ideas to the home. An example of this is that all the resident's doors now look like proper house front doors with letterboxes. The activities in the home are often varied and run exceptionally well by a very kind and enthusiastic lady. The staff, carers and management are all very capable and excellent at coping with the challenges they face at dealing with the needs of the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

Excellent support from all staff who are caring. Food is excellent. My husband has been a resident for 6 months now and he is very happy and settled. The activities coordinator works very hard to provide many varied and stimulating activities including Chinese culture with Chinese New Year being celebrated.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

Nerys Carpenter, Home Manager at Shepley House responded to this review on 29 Jan 2018:

Thank you so much for your lovely words and I speak for myself and the staff team that we are all very very pleased and it is a pleasure.

My mother in law is happy and content in the home.
She is enjoying herself in the activities they encourage her to do.
She is eating well and seems physically fitter than she has been for a number of years.
The staff are friendly, helpful and caring and there is a good atmosphere.
The new management team seem to be making some positive improvements.
Well done and keep going!

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

Nerys Carpenter, Home Manager at Shepley House responded to this review on 23 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your lovely comments. Myself and all the team have one thing on our minds and that's to ensure a happy, friendly environment for all.

It was the first time we have used respite care for Mum. Everyone in the team were friendly and made us and Mum feel welcomed at our initial assessment.
Mum was looking forward to going into Shepley whilst we were away, and it gave us peace of mind too.
We spoke to Mum everyday and when we returned home and picked Mum up, she had said how well cared for she had been.

Thank you to all the staff. Mum is staying again in May, and she is looking forward to seeing everyone again.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

The review for my mum was carried out in a very friendly caring manner. My mum has alzheimers, however, she was still included in all conversations. The social worker, assistant and the care home officer were all talking to mum which made her relaxed and she enjoyed the review. All aspects of my mum's care were explained fully to my brother and myself. After the review we left feeling confident that our mum was in a very safe and caring environment which we feel may also broaden our mum's ability for the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Extremely Likely

Overall, a good home for my mother. Staff are very diligent and caring in their day to day dealings with the residents. My only real concern is the lack of security on the front entrance - visitors need to be seen and told to sign in properly.

How likely would you be to recommend Shepley House? Likely

Submit a Review for Shepley House

posted 30 Apr 2018

Two short stay vacancies.

July 2016

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Shepley House