Silverwood (Rotherham)

Flanderwell Lane, Sunnyside, Rotherham S66 3QT

Silverwood (Rotherham), Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Located within a residential area of Sunnyside, Rotherham, Silverwood (Rotherham) is a purpose built 64 bedded property offering Dementia, Residential and Respite care.

At Silverwood Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Chefs at Silverwood pride themselves in knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Vicki Leck (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 64 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Eating Disorders • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Silverwood (Rotherham): click here

posted 06 Feb 2017

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.6 Silverwood (Rotherham) has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.612)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Silverwood (Rotherham) is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 16 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Silverwood (Rotherham) in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.612 for Silverwood (Rotherham) is calculated as follows: ( (124 Excellents x 5) + (55 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 188 Ratings = 4.612

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Silverwood (Rotherham) is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.8 positive Reviews (64 registered beds ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 12.8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)?

Reviewer Connection to Silverwood (Rotherham)

My mum moved in April 2016. The care home is very clean and all staff are great at their job. Mum settled in very fast with all her needs taken care of.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

At 93 my mother-in-law lived alone and was unable to take care of herself anymore and was very lonely with early signs of dementia. It was decided she needed respite with a view to residential care. The staff and management have been extremely caring at all times and very helpful. My mother-in-law is treated with kindness and above all respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

My wife has been at Silverwood on respite basis but now confined to 24/7 care. Had visited other establishments to view facilities and always had a 'but'; but not so here. Accepted as 'part of the family'.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

My father has Alzheimers. My mum has been his carer and has struggled terribly right to the end regarding caring for my father within the home. We reached a crisis point at home and the manager of Silverwood was a guardian angel for not only my mum and dad, but for myself and my family. Support/kind words/empathy. The manager was at the end of the telephone and visited mum whenever she needed someone to talk to. The manager and the staff at the home are wonderful, my father is in a beautiful caring home. She is truly my mother and father's guardian angel.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

I am very impressed by every aspect in the care home. I would not want my wife anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

5 years ago my husband was having problems with his computer work, he couldn't do it and to me, that was the start of it. Year after year it got worse. He had a scan and it provided it was Alzheimer's. You know that saying in 'sickness and in health', I made my mind up to look after him myself and I did until I couldn't cope anymore. He is now in a wonderful care home. The staff are very caring, the food is excellent, his own room could not be better.

The manager is the main person there and in my eyes, she's a Mother Teresa. She came to my home and wouldn't leave me until I felt a little better. She came again to comfort me and said just pick the phone up and i'll be there for yo. She helped me to do all the paperwork which needed to be done and even made the bed up for me. Such a wonderful ,wonderful, caring person who deserves to be made a dame.

The home is reasonable.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Likely

March 2015 I had to admit that my mothers care had become too much for me and my family to cope with. Mum was not getting the help she needed or deserved. She was rushed in for respite care into a local home but my sister and I were far from happy with where she'd been placed. We started looking around and went to Silverwood to do a spot check and they were amazing. We were both very impressed and they agreed to have mum and she was very happily installed less than 48 hours after our visit. I can only say that the care and respect mum received was second to none and the respite care ended up being full time. Mum was happy smiling and always pleased to see us, we were her daughters again, I wasn't her carer anymore. Every member of staff were wonderful and nothing was ever too much trouble. Sadly mum passed away this April but I'm pleased to say her last year couldn't have been happier. I know the staff were effected by her passing and shared our grief, they are that type of people

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

All staff are friendly and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

Care could not be better, I am happy with all the care given to my husband, as it took me a long time to relinquish his care to others. This was not an easy decision to make, care here is second to none - home from home.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

Without doubt the best facility I have ever been in. As a former nurse (16yrs) I can honestly say the staff are amazing caring and welcoming. My father in law is cared for 100% and we have no concerns about his day to day care total confidence. The best home from home we could have wished for.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

The staff are always warm and welcoming, they all show the utmost commitment to all the residents - nothing seems too much trouble. Staff always give time to talk to us as family members.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

We moved mum in on 22nd April, the staff couldn't be any more helpful, caring, kind and considerate of mums needs and ours.The carers are so helpful with any questions and concerns I have. Mum has settled in really quickly, her cleanliness and appearance are always taken care of. Mums clothing and nightwear is washed every day. Mums ability to walk has improved with the aid of a frame. We could not thank the staff and carers enough. Thank you everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

Very friendly. Staff are very courteous and helpful. Very clean and tidy. Willing to help with any problem. Friendly and approachable. Made Mum very comfortable and welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

I find atmosphere here very positive on the whole. The staff are kind and professional in sometimes very difficult circumstances. It is challenging to watch very kind and concerned members of staff struggle when they have too much to do. They try their utmost to give the best possible care to everyone regardless of their needs. As a visitor I have always been welcomed and have been encouraged to communicate openly about my relative. I have seen her needs being met in mostly very effective ways. Sometimes it is difficult to maintain a cheery atmosphere but it is very important they do.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Likely

My wife has been a resident for over six years, during that time she has been cared for as if a member of a family. I visit almost every day and am always made to feel most welcome and whilst I have never had to make a formal complaint any small issues I have drawn to the attention of management have always been promptly dealt with. I can only say that if I had not been completely satisfied with the service then I would have found an alternative long ago.

How likely would you be to recommend Silverwood (Rotherham)? Extremely Likely

Submit a Review for Silverwood (Rotherham)

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

December 2016

April 2014

2014 Carehome.co.uk Awards

Recipient: Silverwood (Rotherham)

Date: Friday 04 Apr 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Silverwood (Rotherham)