Langley Park Care Home, Durham, Durham

Langley Park Care Home is a Durham facility specifically set up to suit many personal elderly care needs, while specialising in provision for people with dementia.

This homely accommodation is located close to shops and other amenities, allowing carers to encourage residents in practising their own independence, while having an on-site bar and cafe, and a thorough programme of activities and outings.

Staff are experienced in dealing with challenging behaviours, striving to maintain a living environment that protects long-term mental and physical health.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Sharon Smith (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Durham County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 46 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Challenging Behaviour • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Langley Park Care Home: click here

9.8 Langley Park Care Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.769)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Langley Park Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Langley Park Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.769 for Langley Park Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (103 Excellents x 5) + (24 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 130 Ratings = 4.769

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Langley Park Care Home is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.2 positive Reviews (46 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 9.2 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Langley Park Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Langley Park Care Home

I have lived here a while now and all I can say is, this is a fantastic home with great staff and an excellent manager who has helped me a lot.

My opinion applies to all the time I have been here.

How likely would you be to recommend Langley Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Langley Park Care Home responded to this review on 14 Nov 2017:

Thank you. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Langley Park Care Home has been so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents, and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Thanks again. Have a wonderful day!

I am very happy at this home and find everything good.

I also enjoy my time here because of all activities and staff and everyone are very kind. The food is lovely and the home is clean and tidy.

How likely would you be to recommend Langley Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Langley Park Care Home responded to this review on 26 Oct 2017:

Thank you for sharing your experience of living at Langley Park Care Home. We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying life at our home and we love having you as part of our family here! It's great to hear that you are enjoying the various activities going on around our home, and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your praise and kind comments mean a lot to us. If there is anything more we can do, please let us know. Have a wonderful day!

Excellent care home with excellent staff. My experience with this home has only ever been a good one. I know my mother is getting the care she needs and deserves but not only that they care for the relatives as well, I am always made to feel so welcome, it's home from home. Thank you, Langley Park Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Langley Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have had to learn about vascular dementia in my mother. The staff always explain when I do not understand a situation. The staff listen when a problem arises with my mother's health, then get a doctor or nurse out to see her. A friendly atmosphere is always in the home. A friendly atmosphere is always in the home. The home always thinks of the relatives and well the residents. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Langley Park Care Home? Likely

I cannot speak highly enough of all the staff, the move was so quick and they kept me informed of everything, anything I asked was answered and seen too. Everybody made my mother feel very welcome and they all went out of their way to make her feel comfortable and at home.
She was always treated with respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Langley Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

I started to visit my friend when she became a resident of Langley Park in November 2013. The care she was given was excellent. I was also looked after on my views and kept up to date on everything. I found the staff, from management to kitchen, were pleasant and helpful at all times. My friend passed away on November 2016, but I still visit the home as I made some good friends there. The atmosphere is lovely and welcoming. In my opinion, the staff at Langley Park are a real credit to Four Seasons and I have already recommended the home to people I know.

How likely would you be to recommend Langley Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was amazed at how quickly my mother settled in at the home. The difference in her behaviour was a joy. Many of her friends and family friends have enquired after her and we - 2 brother and a sister - have been able to say how happy we have been with the care she is getting. We are all very impressed with the staff. They are superb. Thank them, please.

How likely would you be to recommend Langley Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff are welcoming, caring and friendly. Home made food is plentiful and help is given at mealtimes where needed. Rooms are clean and warm. A coffee morning is held weekly for residents, family and members of the local community are all welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Langley Park Care Home? Likely

I can't praise the staff enough for their dedication and hard work. My dad is well cared for, the staff are very helpful and always keep you up to date with things. I would recommend the care home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Langley Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been in this care home for over two years now and has had the best of treatment. The staff are all friendly and they treat their patients with dignity as well as care. This home will be my first choice to go into should the need arise.

How likely would you be to recommend Langley Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father has been here for over a year now. The staff have been excellent in their care of him, they are always very professional but in a very caring way. They do their very best to keep him happy.

Submit a Review for Langley Park Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Langley Park Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Langley Park Care Home