Heatherdale

Grey House, South Broomhill, Morpeth NE65 9RT

Heatherdale is a luxury residential care home, situated in the village of Broomhill in Morpeth. The beautiful home sits in private grounds, in the small, quiet village in the heart of Northumberland. The home boasts award-winning gardens, homely interiors and idyllic surroundings. Their 36 bedroom suites are designed to give residents luxury, privacy and independence. The home prides itself on providing expert, tailored care in a relaxed, friendly and comfortable setting.

At Heatherdale, they recognise the importance of recreational activities, and have a dedicated activities coordinator, who plans each day based on the lifestyle preferences and abilities of the residents, and so there is a full programme of events available, both in and out of the home.

Their expert staff are always on-hand to answer any questions about this important next stage in yours or your loved ones life, and to guide you through the process, every step of the way. So come and visit Heatherdale, and discover your kind of home.

Group: Wellburn Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Allison Moore (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northumberland County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 36 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Heatherdale: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Heatherdale is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Heatherdale in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.79 for Heatherdale is calculated as follows: ( (170 Excellents x 5) + (43 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 214 Ratings = 4.79

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Heatherdale is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.2 positive Reviews (36 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 7.2 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Heatherdale has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.790) from 18 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Heatherdale?

Reviewer Connection to Heatherdale

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

My mother started attending Heatherdale a few weeks ago. I have been absolutely thrilled by the excellent care and attention she has had. All the girls are amazing.
The manager manges them very well, a fantastic care home! A wonderful team of girls.
They make such a difference to my mother's daily life - and mine by knowing she is safe and looked after. Thank you Heatherdale.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

My mother was admitted to Heatherdale after a series of falls in her home and her dementia, at the moment for respite, but this will be probably long term. Although disappointed that she has had to leave her home, I feel she is in a safe homely environment with a caring staff team. It is reassuring to know she is cared for and that there is an activity schedule to keep her stimulated.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

With my daughter, I visited quite a few care homes and really took to everything about Heatherdale. First impressions were very welcoming, my brother went in for respite before becoming a permanent part of the Heatherdale family. I say family, as the staff could not have done anything more to make my brother looked after as I would have wanted. They coped with him exceptionally well as he could be awkward and rude.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

My Nanna stayed in Heatherdale for the last 19 months of her life. The first room she had was a bit small and dull, but she eventually got a lovely downstairs room with a view of the garden. It's like one big happy family! You are made very welcome when visiting and are free to come and go as you please. They made my Nanna feel as at home as possible. I appreciate the hard work and commitment of all the staff. Thank you all. I know it's hard work you do.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

Both parents have lived here and have been very pleased with staff on both occasions.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

I am so happy to have found a care provider for my mum, she is happy and content. For myself that is worth everything. Thank you, the manager and her lovely care team. My mum loves living at Heatherdale I know this because she tells me.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

I am extremely happy with the care in all areas. Residents are clean, well looked after and the staff are very involved in making them feel very much at home. Staff are easy to approach and really take the time to listen.

The home itself is very clean, meals are brilliant and most importantly the residents are happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

I have only visited my friend twice since he moved into Heatherdale in May 2016. The home is kept in good repair and the gardens tended well. The matron has got to grips with my friend and correctly assesses his somewhat devious ways.

I live in South Yorkshire, 150 miles down-country and I am able to live my life free from the worry of my friend's activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

My friend has been in Heatherdale for 8 months now. Since being in Heatherdale she is so much happier and is enjoying her meals again. We can't fault the staff, nothing is a problem to them. Heatherdale is kept very clean and tidy and there are lots of activities going on for residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

Heatherdale is not just a residential home it is a family. A family that not only provides professional and personal care supporting residents but also extending kindness, help and support to families. In recent weeks we have had to face end-of-life palliative care and although ongoing, the staff never fail to produce an excellent high standard of care and attention.
Heatherdale has kept the family up when down, and every member of staff has shown passion and empathy. I highly recommend Heatherdale to anyone seeking the very best for their loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

I love the atmosphere and the scene of fun the staff give out when visiting my mother. Her room is immaculate and I liked the idea of her bringing her own things in from home to make her room "her home". She is always presented well and is always happy, she spends a lot of time in the marvellous gardens having her cigarettes, which staff are more than happy to take her out for, even the non-smokers.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

This care home is very well run. The staff are always friendly and helpful. The manager is very caring and helpful, a lovely woman. They have an excellent choice of meals cooked on site. The garden is ideal, with seating areas, fountain and flower beds. The local doctor visits regularly and is always available. They hold a summer fayre and also a firework display on 5th November. I couldn't have chosen a better home for my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

No-one relishes the prospect of entering a care home after leading an independent life, but my late mum was one of those people. Being 90 at the time, unable to cope alone at home on her own, she needed care 24/7, a decision had to be made.

Heatherdale was close to my mum's former home and is extremely welcoming to family, friends and pets. We were told we could visit any time of the day and the offer of a cup of tea or coffee was always there.

Rooms are cleaned daily and are spotless. Food is also very good. The staff have a great sense of humour with the residents and are all very approachable. They interact well with the residents and know all their little foibles. Their care, kindness and compassion towards my mum was insurmountable, they showed the utmost respect and dignity towards her in her last few weeks. Their Manager should be very proud of them for their consistent care and hard work, and as a family we are very grateful to them all for their care.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

The care home staff are always pleasant, polite and caring. They know my father's likes, his great grandson's name and when he needs his nails cutting. His grandson married in July and two members of staff smartly dressed, drove him to church 30 miles away, stayed with him explaining what was happening- until we arrived. They then melted into the background, only to reappear with his wheelchair to take him home after the photographs. I have every confidence that my father is in a safe place and is being well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

My Mum is almost 100 and a force to be reckoned with!! Almost all of the girls at Heatherdale seem to be 100% dedicated to elderly care. She has been at Heatherdale since May and has gradually accepted that she will stay there. Only because her eyesight has deteriorated so much. She does not have dementia, but does forget stuff. I am 66 and I forget stuff!! My sister and I are happy that she is being looked after at Heatherdale and have no great concerns about her care. It's a lovely care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

My Mum became a resident at the above care home in January 2016 following the death of my father in December 22015. Mum has Alzheimers and requires 24-hour care. From the first meeting with the care home manager and her deputy manager, my sister and I felt confident that our Mum would be given the care she needed. Their approach was professional and so friendly towards Mum and within the first few weeks, we felt that she had settled really well and all the staff welcomed her and was interested in her and her family. They seemed to 'know her' and all her needs, interests etc. We feel we have been supported as a whole family through this sad, very difficult time. Cannot praise the Heatherdale team enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

I think it an exceptional home on the whole. My cousin had the best attention she could ever have had. The staff are fabulous. The food and cleanliness were brilliant.

How likely would you be to recommend Heatherdale? Extremely Likely

The home is very nice. When the time comes I would not hesitate to go there myself.

Submit a Review for Heatherdale

Allison

Allison Moore

Job Title: Manager

Joined: 2004

Allison has worked for Wellburn Care at Heatherdale for 14 years. She started as a part time care assistant and over the years, has worked her way up to management. Allison finds the job very rewarding, and enjoys the diversity of the role as no two days are the same.

Susan

Susan Ashburn

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2016

Susan began working at Heatherdale and for Wellburn Care in August 2016. She has worked in the care industry for over twenty years, beginning as a Care Assistant before progressing to Deputy Manager. Prior to this, Susan was a private secretary but made a career change as she wanted a more rewarding career, which she has found within the care industry.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Heatherdale