Manley Court Care Home

John Williams Close, Off Cold Blow Lane, London SE14 5XA

Manley Court is focused on providing personalised care solutions to people who are looking for nursing dementia care, convalescence and respite care and palliative care. Care is also provided within the friendly setting to those living with Parkinson’s, Huntington's and the young physically disabled.

Located close to local amenities in a quiet area of New Cross, the home places comfort and resident’s happiness as a top priority. En-suite bedrooms provide plenty of space for personal belongings while a bright and pleasant conservatory allows residents to relax or welcome visitors.

Manley Court aims to offer an exciting selection of food to residents catering to individual tastes and requirements. A 'Night Bite' menu is also offered for out of snacks and refreshments.

The dedicated activity co-ordinator at the home creates a varied programme of activities for residents to take part in if they wish. Examples include gardening, baking and arts and crafts, which all take place in the dedicated activities room.

Person in charge: Luke Baldock (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Lewisham Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 85 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Patois; Patwa; Patwah, Greek, Modern, French, Igbo, Dutch, Polish, Russian

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Manley Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Manley Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.3 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Manley Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.318 for Manley Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (77 Excellents x 5) + (74 Goods x 4) + (22 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 173 Ratings = 4.318

The 4.353 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Manley Court Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 17 positive Reviews (85 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 17 Target = 0.353

8.7 Manley Court Care Home has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.671) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Manley Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Manley Court Care Home

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

Coming from a previous home I did not know what to expect. But I find the carers warm, very friendly, caring and answer all my questions. The room is very clean and spacious. Their treatment of my family is very caring, her hygiene is so much better and her appearance is much brighter and happier since she has been there. When I visit its been much joy and relief to see how happy she is being there.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 10 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home.

Best and greatest care and staff. My father left hospital and was placed in Manley Court. First off, the manager made that possible and was so professional and down to earth. Then the carers on Hibiscus Ward were so caring and loyal to the elderly, my father was taken care of very well, very well fed and supported. It was amazing for the few months he was there, compared to his old place.
The staff are heaven sent, thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 14 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your review and kind words about our staff. I'm so glad to hear that father was so well cared for while he was in our care.

My mother was welcomed into the home and made very comfortable. All the staff were very kind, caring and friendly.
The home was very accommodating to all her needs.
We would like to thank all the management and staff for taking such excellent care of my mother during her short stay while I was able to have respite.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear how well cared for your mother was while in our care. It is the little things like a smile and a little bit of reassurance that makes all the difference.

My mother was a resident at this home for 20 months and throughout this time, I found the care staff excellent. Myself and my family always felt welcome and 'at home' when we visited and my mother was happy and made to feel important.
I would highlight the following:
- My mother's hygiene was always of a high standard
- Staff members made relationships with my mother, not just care
- The fees for the notice period following a death should be reduced - a room fee only as care is not provided
- Do not hand this review form to family at the crematorium - insensitive!!

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 28 Sep 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate all your comments about our home. Going forward I will speak to the manager regarding the review cards.

The staff are friendly, helpful, caring and polite. The home is clean.
The whole thing put together is excellent.
Well managed from my point of view and from what I can see from my observation.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 18 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

Mum required 1:1 care due to the nature of her dementia. This is her second time at this care home and whilst visiting she appears calm and has settled in. There is still the potential to wander but this has been curtailed due to the one to one care she has been given. Mum sometimes needs lots of encouragement and patience to do day to day tasks. The care home has an understanding of this and now knows her very well. I hope this relationship continues in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jun 2017:

My sister was a resident at Manley Court Care Home for seven years. During that time, she made many friends amongst the staff and also the other residents and their visitors. My sister soon began to look upon Manley Court Care Home as her natural home and was very happy there. During her time at Manley Court Care Home, they were never any serious issues and my sister was extremely well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 25 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The staff are just great.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 19 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your kind feedback, I am so pleased to hear that you are happy with the staff at Manley Court Care Home. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I find the staff very friendly. People in there seem to be well looked after. Most times asked if I would like cup of tea or coffee. My friend is always clean and tidy and the room is. The food is good and made to my friend's needs as she has no teeth.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 17 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that your friend's needs are met by the staff at Manley Court. I will pass on your lovely comments to the home manager. Thank you again, The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Came here in March/April 2010, apparently "dying" after leaving a hospice and treated in palliative care for 2 years. Always had a nurse and 3 carers. Staff always trustworthy, helpful and very caring. Also friendly and understanding.
Rooms are all ensuite, cleaned every day to a high standard and well maintained.
Food is good, variable and a different menu every day. Three meals a day. Family and friends of residents are encouraged to visit whenever.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

My husband has been very well looked after and improved vastly having been sent here for end of life care. Instead of lasting 6 to 8 weeks, he lived for 15 months. I just worry about the reception area not being manned evenings and weekends.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 03 Mar 2017:

My nan was in this home for around 4 years and she sadly passed away last week. We weren't able to visit a lot as the home was quite a distance from where I live, but I knew my nan was being cared for very well. A staff member would go in on her day off so my nan had a visitor, obviously, she did not have to do this so it's amazing that she did and we thank her a lot. All of the staff are friendly and welcoming. Thank you, staff, at Manley Court for ensuring my nan was well cared for especially in her final days. We cannot comment on things such as food and activities as my nan was unable to move out of her bed and used to just drink her food.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Likely

So Sorry to hear of your loss please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I find the staff at Manley Court very experienced and kind. They are very helpful and look after my wife very well. If she has any problems they are soon resolved and my wife feels extremely safe and secure. I would recommend this nursing home to anybody that wanted to be looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 15 Feb 2017:

Generally very pleased with the care home.
Staff are friendly and caring and the standard regularly improves.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer servicies administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 08 Feb 2017:

The team on Primrose ward at Manley Court provided excellent respite care for my occasionally troublesome 91-year-old father, whilst building works were going on at his house. All the staff were very accommodating and were able to pass on tips to us about his ongoing care. Manley Court is not the most luxurious of surroundings as it caters for very high levels of nursing, however, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff more than makes up for it. They were also more efficient and diligent regarding administration than other locations which did give an impression of business competence as well as care. I would feel very confident placing my father in their care again should the need arise for further respite care.

How likely would you be to recommend Manley Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Manley Court Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jan 2017:

Submit a Review for Manley Court Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

Luke

Luke Baldock

Joined: 2016

Luke joined Bupa in January last year and started with us at Manley Court as General Manager in November. Luke brings with him a wealth of 25 years experience of social care and working closely with nursing homes in the last ten years of his career. Luke now looks forward to bringing a fresh and innovative approach to the Manley Court, whilst supporting the team and enhancing the lives of the residents that live there.

Stavros

Stavros Ellinas

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2015

Stavros joined Bupa in 2015, as a registered nurse whilst studying for a postgraduate degree in Operation Management with a focus on quality service management. He joined the team at Manley Court Care Home as a Deputy Manager in December last year. Passionate and skilled to develop and inspire the team in order to provide the highest level of person-centred care.

Dorothy

Dorothy Tenefoe

Job Title: Clinicial Services Manager

Joined: 2002

Dorothy is our Clinical Services Manager, she has been with Bupa for 15 years, working as a Deputy Manager and became a Clinical Service manager at Manley Court in October 2014.

She is committed to delivering an excellent standard of care to positively enhance the lives of people in our home and support the care team to do this.

Dorothy continues to establish a good professional working relationship with commissioners, regulatory and other external professional bodies.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Manley Court Care Home