Stone House Nursing Home

44 Bishopstone Road, Stone, Aylesbury HP17 8QX

Stone House Nursing Home, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

Stone House Nursing Home provides care and support to older people living in Aylesbury. The home was built in 1862 and is located in five acres of grounds.

Residents at Stone House receive round-the-clock nursing and support, delivery by the home's professional care team, consisting of nurses and care workers.

Care plans are regularly monitored and are tailored to each resident's needs and involve family members, friends, and medical practitioners, who help to ensure the correct level of care and support is provided.

Bedrooms at the home can be personalised with resident's own belongings and can be decorated based on their personal tastes, where appropriate.

Residents can enjoy electric profiling beds, call bells, televisions, wireless internet, telephone facilities and walk-in showers. The home also provides residents with access to an iPad, should they wish to communicate with friends and loved ones by Skype or email.

Group: Peverel Court Care

Person in charge: Samantha Ncube (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Buckinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 35 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Stone House Nursing Home: click here

9.9 Stone House Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.931)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Stone House Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 24 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Stone House Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 24 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.931 for Stone House Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (269 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 288 Ratings = 4.931

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Stone House Nursing Home is based on 24 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7 positive Reviews (35 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 24 Reviews ÷ 7 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Stone House Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Stone House Nursing Home

• Son-in-law of Resident/Service User
  • Grandmother of Resident/Service User
  • Grandson of Resident/Service User

I'm so pleased to have found Stone House for my mum.
Everyone is so friendly/approachable and caring.
I feel part of Stone House too.
My mum has settled in well and the staff have got to know her and vice versa.
The food is very nice and so well presented too.
It really is a lovely nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Samantha Ncube, Home Manager at Stone House Nursing Home responded to this review on 18 Apr 2017:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our service. There is always room for improvement and as such, we always welcome feedback from people who use our service. We were extremely honoured to have had the opportunity to care for your mother and have always valued your input into her care. In addition, we are so fortunate that you also enhance the lives of other people we care for whenever your bring in your dog for visits! Please know that you are always welcome to continue doing so.

My dad has been at Stone House Nursing Home for about 8 months and receives a visit nearly every day from a family member. At no time have we ever had any cause for concern over his care which I believe to be outstanding. Any health issues are swiftly identified and treated. His mental health problem (dementia) is professionally dealt with. He is encouraged to take part in activities. Being in the day room each day allows him to interact with other patients, carers and nurses keeping his mind active. I have absolutely no worries about his care. I know he is in good hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Samantha Ncube, Home Manager at Stone House Nursing Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

On behalf of the team and myself, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on our service. There is always room for improvement, and we are pleased that you are happy with the service we provide. Your father has quickly become a well-loved member of our family and we always look forward to your visits.

My father has been a resident for 7 months. I cannot fault the care he receives. The staff are excellent and look after all the residents with great care. I visit the home regularly but always find the same level of care. Each resident has their own individual needs and you clearly see this is observed by the staff. There are varied activities always going on if the residents would like to take part. The activity staff are very encouraging and make such a difference to the residents. I would have no reservations in recommending Stone House, my father is quite settled and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Hi Wendy. Thank you so much for your very kind words, which I will share with the team. We always welcome any feedback about our service. We strive to deliver exceptional care, and so it is encouraging that you are happy with the standard of care we provide. It has been an absolute pleasure to get to know and care for your father and we hope that you feel like part of the Stone House family too!

Stone House was one of the first nursing homes I visited, having been recommended by a very close friend who's grandmother had been a resident. After researching and then viewing 14 other care and nursing homes, none could compare with my perception of Stone House. My mother has been resident at Stone House for well over a year now, and I take the view that the excellent levels of nursing and care, in managing my mother's needs, must surely have helped her pull through a most difficult and stressful time, whilst suffering from dementia, Parkinson's disease, osteoporosis and other conditions. The staff are really kind, above all, they also understand the stress sometimes experienced by relatives trying to cope with dramatic changes in their loved ones. Hats off to all at Stone House, I have nothing negative to say at all. My mother is confined to bed but I have seen other residents enjoying joining in all the activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Samantha Ncube, Home Manager at Stone House Nursing Home responded to this review on 07 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your very positive review of our Home. It is an absolute pleasure to care for your mother, and we always enjoy your visits. We will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team.

We reviewed half a dozen care homes in Bucks and Stone House, gave us a great feeling of empathy and care. In mum's 18 months residence, she was loved and cared for as if with her family at home and I know she felt very much at home immediately. She became a resident until her recent passing. The staff have become part of our family and went out of their way to care for mum, even visiting her during her time in the hospital and attending her recent funeral. I would not hesitate to recommend Stone House.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

From the outset, I was extremely impressed with both the homes beautiful setting and the accommodation; which is excellent and provides a safe and secure home from home atmosphere that is important to the elderly. A full social calendar improves the residents quality of life and the food/drink is freshly made and of an extremely high standard.
Management and staff skills are outstanding and all personnel are friendly, caring and approachable. Residents are treated with the freedom, compassion, respect and dignity they deserve. Communications are excellent and I have every confidence that I will be kept fully informed when necessary. A care plan was agreed when my mother-in-law was admitted and this is reviewed on a regular basis to meet her individual needs - care and nursing issues are always discussed when necessary and addressed in an appropriate manner.
My mother-in-law is extremely happy and wonderfully cared for in this outstanding Nursing Home - excellent value for money.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have been extremely impressed with every aspect of care my mother has received since she entered Stone House. In particular, the staff have been professional in the way they have looked after her and they have also got to know her as a person, showing genuine affection and compassion. The home provides a very stimulating environment and activities appropriate to my mother's level of dementia. She has responded extremely positively, both mentally and physically and is unrecognisable to the person she was when she was first admitted after a long stay in hospital.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Care is excellent, personal care is good. Food is fresh. There are lovely surroundings and the staff are friendly. There are daily activities for the residents to take part in. I am reassured that my nan is extremely well looked after at Stone House.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

All aspects of mum's care are excellent. Staff, from management to careers, are all extremely caring, thoughtful of residents dignity at all times. Our mum often needs review by GP this is always arranged very swiftly and any medication obtained and commenced the same day. Cleanliness is excellent. We feel extremely reassured with all aspects of mums care. Food is all freshly cooked daily and smells divine when you come at lunchtime. All residents seem to enjoy the food on offer, there is always fresh fruit and juice available. As we live a couple of hours away and only visit our mother once a week the staff still know our names and are very friendly and we are reassured that mum is in a safe and caring environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The quality of care and kindness is of the highest level. All the staff from the manager down are consistently understanding kind and friendly, there is always a smile on their faces. The food is freshly made each day and relevant to each resident. The facilities are very clean and fresh. Having activities most days helps the residents I can not speak highly enough about Stone House. We as a family feel extremely lucky to have our mum live here. We cannot thank them enough especially as I live over two hours away it give me peace of mind that mum is safe, warm, clean, fed and loved.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The care home has been excellent. Mum was out of the county and so the procedure with the local council was not straightforward but the home was very helpful and pleasant during a very trying time for us as a family. Mum has settled well and is always treated with dignity and respect by the excellent staff. Her room is always tidy and very clean and has a lovely outlook on to the garden. If we need any advice or questions about her care the staff are always very accommodating. Food is excellent, mum looks forward to sitting in the dining room for her main meal. Christmas time was made special by all the extra events. I'm sure all the residents had an enjoyable time from helping to make the decorations to singing carols and having a lovely Christmas dinner.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Stone House for a few months. She has settled in extremely well and I feel that I can now write some informative feedback.

From day 1 the staff at Stone House wanted to know as much about my mother as possible. We felt very listened to and knew that they were getting to know my mother very quickly.
She gets thorough daily care and excellent mental stimulation, crucial for her wellbeing.
The staff are very attentive, gentle and patient as well as friendly and warm towards every one of their residents.
My mother can often get UTIs. These have reduced in frequency due to the staff ensuring she drinks enough liquid, and any signs whatsoever are checked straight away in case it's a sign of a UTI.
Previously my mother was down and insular but she has blossomed. We have never known her laugh so much.
We can't praise everyone at Stone House enough for all of the support my mother gets in order to enable her to live a full and happy life.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

From the first moment, we were shown around the home, right up to when my mother-in-law was introduced to the staff, we found it all very friendly and helpful. Their ongoing activities have improved her health amazingly since she joined the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

It is a stressful time when your loved one reaches the stage when their needs outweigh the capability of family members to continue caring for them at home & nursing home care is needed. However, the Team at Stone House supported us through this transition sensitively, turning sadness into reassurance. Staff continue to evidence their commitment to high standards of care ensuring mum is safe & protected at all times. Staff ensure we are kept up to date irrespective of whether changes in mums condition are positive or negative. The service is well-led & staff function effectively as a team which enables mum to feel included & connected to those around. Mum is treated as an individual & is cared for in a respectful & dignified manner. We no longer view Stone House as a nursing home but as mums second home. We no longer worry about mum when we are not there as we trust the team who care for her. We are greeted warmly every time we visit & staff always take time out to ask how we are coping.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Since we joined Stone House some 20 months ago, the care given to my mother has been quite outstanding. How I will ever be able to repay these staff for their hard work and love given I just don't know. From management through to cleaners, the standards are unbelievably high. To know that your next of kin is being looked after so well is a great joy to me.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The care in Stone House Nursing Home is outstanding in my opinion the care staff genuinely care for the residents it's not just a job they are passionate about the care they give and bond well with residents this care includes all staff even the laundry ladies to the cleaners and the caretaker and our chef. Stone House Nursing Home is the closest thing you would get to staying at home. Most highly recommended.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have been very pleased with the care my Mother has received since moving to Stone House. I have seen an improvement in her well being and she has settled very well. I have been impressed with the staff who are both very welcoming and professional.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We are very satisfied with my mother's care at Stone House. She has been here 2.5 years and has received excellent care. The careers are very friendly and very caring with my mother. I visit many times a week and find my mum always clean and tidy. Her diet is excellent and very nutritious. The home is kept very clean and standards high.
I would definitely recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother had the best care anyone could give. I was very happy and content for my mother to be in this home. Everyone was kind and nothing was too much...

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The nursing home was caring and very welcoming. My nan was very well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Likely

My mother was admitted to Stone House Nursing Home after a month in hospital as she became incontinent and unable to walk. She had late onset Alzheimer's and was very confused. The care she received from all of the staff was exceptional and although I found it hard to leave her after every visit, I knew and was confident that she was being well looked after. She passed away with dignity on 22nd August. I am very grateful for the tender loving care she received.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother went into Stone House in June 2016. She had the best care when she was there. The management and the staff were very caring and helpful. My mother liked everyone and was very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother-in-law came to the nursing home just over a year ago. The care she received was wonderful, the staff were extremely kind and very caring. The residents were treated with respect and dignity always, the staff were wonderful with a high level of skills. As a former nurse myself of many years I would recommend this nursing home to any person looking for a well run and caring home. I visited the home 6 days a week, and always found it spotlessly clean with every amenity and amazing care.

How likely would you be to recommend Stone House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is in her fifth year at Stone House and has not been an easy resident suffering with dementia, but staff have always been understanding and kind to her. It has given me great comfort to know that mum is so well looked after. Stone House has a beautiful setting and the food is excellent. It's clean, staff are lovely and I would recommend it to anyone.

Submit a Review for Stone House Nursing Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Ines

Ines Gomes

Job Title: Head of Hospitality

Head of Hospitality.

Beverley

Beverley Webb

Job Title: Head of Care

Head of Care.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Stone House Nursing Home