Godden Lodge Care Home, Benfleet, Essex

Godden Lodge can welcome a wide range of care requirements. Packages include long-term support for residential and nursing dementia care, convalescence and palliative care and general nursing. Adults with Parkinson’s are also welcome, as are respite needs.

All care objectives were considered when the facility was purpose-built, and the patio and garden areas add to a relaxing lifestyle.

Nutrition is very important to Bupa care homes, which look to cater for all tastes and diets, ensuring residents are well-nourished and satisfied, in terms of both nutrition and personal preference.

Gardening games and singing sessions are two examples of some of the interests residents have embraced, as the home looks to support a positive and active lifestyle in order to impact upon long-term health.

Person in charge: Corin Ridout (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 133 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Hindi

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Godden Lodge Care Home: click here

9 Godden Lodge Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (9.046)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Godden Lodge Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Godden Lodge Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.708 for Godden Lodge Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (100 Excellents x 5) + (23 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 130 Ratings = 4.708

The 4.338 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Godden Lodge Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 26.6 positive Reviews (133 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 26.6 Target = 0.338

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Godden Lodge Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Godden Lodge Care Home

I am very pleased as a residents daughter, the care is of an excellent standard. The Mirelle unit is excellent run by a caring and efficient manager.

How likely would you be to recommend Godden Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Every day I'm so thankful that I found a place for my husband in Godden Lodge. He is very well cared for, the staff are kind and caring and I know he is safe, I visit every day at different times, my grandson loves visiting their grandad and is always made welcome. I take our pet dog which the other residents and staff love. I would not hesitate to recommend Godden Lodge to anyone. It is my second home.

How likely would you be to recommend Godden Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband is suffering from early onset dementia and although the transition from living at home to going into residential care was difficult for him, all the staff in Boyce House made him feel very welcome and really helped him to settle in.

He needs to walk around and the unit has plenty of space for him to do this.
I know that he is being very well cared for and I can visit him at any time.
The management have also been very helpful and understanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Godden Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our mum arrived at Cephas House extremely anxious having been given only months to live. We too were deeply concerned about making sure we found the right place for her to get the high level of nursing care she needed.
Mum was immediately reassured, she began to settle quickly. After a couple of days, she was mixing with other residents and sitting at the dining table for her meals. With encouragement, she continued to participate in the many fun and well-organised activities.
As her needs increased her level of care was continually reassessed and adjusted. This enabled her to maintain as much independence as was possible.
Unfortunately, she was only there for 9 weeks and her passing was comfortable and dignified. The support we as a family received was exceptional.
If you have a relative who needs nursing/palliative care and you need support from the management through to domestic help you won't find better than these superb, caring, funny, uplifting people.

How likely would you be to recommend Godden Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Godden Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. It is so nice to know that the last few weeks of your mum's life were made as happy as possible and that she did manage to take part in things. I'm sure knowing that she was cared for so well gave you peace of mind.

The care and treatment given to my sister for the last year at Murrelle House, Godden Lodge by the managers and carers has been excellent. She has improved so much.
I am informed regularly about her health. I am very happy with the care she has received. My thanks to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Godden Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Godden Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 26 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review regarding Godden Lodge Care Home. I am so pleased that you are happy with this home, their staff, and the care your sister has been receiving. We really appreciate your feedback. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Very pleased with the care given to my mother. She is 89 and the staff are very good and kind.
The manager is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Godden Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Godden Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 19 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am so pleased that you are happy with Godden Lodge, their staff, and the care your Mother is receiving. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Since my husband has been a resident I have been reassured by the level of care and attention by staff, especially the unit manager. Residents and relatives all bond well and it's like our family and we all look forward to our chats during our visits.

How likely would you be to recommend Godden Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Godden Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 04 Apr 2017:

Thank you for sharing your lovely review with us, we really appreciate it. I am so pleased that you are impressed with Godden Lodge Care Home. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I cannot thank all the team enough for looking and caring after my dad. Have much peace of mind knowing he is being cared for in Godden Lodge after a bad experience in the first care home he was in. Always made to feel welcome always ready and available to discuss any issues with me. Great team work always polite nothing is too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Godden Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jamie, National Development Manager at Godden Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 28 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

It was very difficult for me to put my husband in a care home but having looked after him for seven years on my own, but when he deteriorated badly having an infection, I knew I had to do something.
The first time I left him, I felt my heart had broken in half. The staff were fantastic, not only did they look after my dear husband, but their concern for me was so genuine. They look after the residents with love and I know that my husband is safe and well looked. The other day I asked my husband is he was happy and he said "yes" and that's all I can ask for. I still cry but it's like being with an extended family.

How likely would you be to recommend Godden Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely review with us, we appreciate your feedback so much. I am so pleased that the staff at Godden Lodge have supported both you and your husband during this difficult time. I will share your lovely, kind comments to the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My father 93 years is a new resident!. He has only been with them a few days, I was scared of placing him in a nursing home as you hear some horror stories! I need not have worried, he is so happy! I had to write this review as I'm quite overwhelmed at the care he is receiving.

My father is a dear old soul but due to his dementia, he can become agitated and frustrated when personal care is being attended to him and doesn't like change. He is a very hygienic man he was only able to be given a bed bath before he arrived, already in a few days the staff have gone out of their way to attend to his personal care - It's second to none! He has been showered, shaved, nails cut, everything you could want and more in keeping him clean at this difficult stage!

He socialises in the day room, he is interacting with other people and staff, he is not just closed off in his room and forgotten! He has started to eat well again which indicates he must feel safe and secure. All I can say is what a smashing place it is!

How likely would you be to recommend Godden Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Godden Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

My husband spent his last weeks of life in Godden Lodge and could not have received better care. I was overwhelmed not only by the care and kindness shown to him, but the kindness showed to my family and I. There are so many stories about care homes and their treatment but the staff here are exceptional and work as a team to provide the outstanding understanding, which results in the genuine commitment to the patients. Working with dementia is so hard, as I found over ten years myself, but all I observed was cheerfulness and patience. Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Godden Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer servicies administrator at Godden Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 02 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

Submit a Review for Godden Lodge Care Home

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Godden Lodge Care Home