Hazelwood Nursing Home, Longfield, Kent

Hazelwood Nursing Home provide a friendly care service and accommodation based upon a vision of 'providence with dignity', looking to promote dignity and independence, privacy and self-fulfillment.

All staff are qualified to carry out care that suits each individual, with person-centred plans in place that are regularly assessed for developments. The home has landscaped grounds and sensory gardens that are of particular benefit to residents with a form of dementia.

Owner: Smartmove Homes Ltd

Person in charge: George Joseph (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Self Funding / NHS - CHC / Social Services. Ages 65+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian, French, Gujarati, Hindi, Romanian

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

On-site car park available

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Hazelwood Nursing Home: click here

9.6 Hazelwood Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.611)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Hazelwood Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 22 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hazelwood Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.611 for Hazelwood Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (172 Excellents x 5) + (78 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 262 Ratings = 4.611

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hazelwood Nursing Home is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 10 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Hazelwood Nursing Home

• Mother-in-law of Resident/Service User

My mother spent 22 months in Hazelwood Nursing Home and from the time she entered until the day she died, she was treated with respect and dignity. As a family, we felt happy in the knowledge that Mum was safe and cared for. We had lots of difficult times but we were always supported by the staff and management. We also shared lots of happy moments with Mum and the staff ie birthdays. We feel lucky that we found Hazelwood and can't thank them enough. They have such a challenging job.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My husband spent 4 years 2 months in Hazelwood Nursing Home, Longfield. As a family, we were so very happy with the care provided. He remained in bed continually but never ever had a bed sore. His care from the lovely staff was nothing short of amazing.

The home is so well run. We would recommend Hazelwood to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Thoroughly impressed by the quality of care, compassion and enthusiasm shown by all, yes all, members of staff. Nothing was too much trouble.

Not only was Mum looked after, but our family also during our visits. They do so much for all the residents, from outdoor functions to simple indoor activities. Brilliant.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My ninety seven year old mother received exemplary care at Hazelwood nursing home, the staff made every effort to make her last few days as comfortable as possible. Hazelwood is a well run and happy place and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Every time I visit my mother she is always happy and well cared for. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. I am happy with all the staff do for her. A lovely care home. The manager is always there to have a chat with anything I need to know. Always with a smile.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My husband and I visited a number of care homes unannounced prior to choosing Hazelwood. The administration gave us a comprehensive tour and explained the administration and assessment processes. We cannot praise the quality and professionalism of all the nursing and care staff sufficiently. My father, who is nearly 93 years of age is so happy in their company and they give him all the time and patience required. I cannot remember him laughing so much for several years.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has complex dietary needs. The home went to great lengths to ensure his needs were met, calling in specialist medical practitioners when necessary.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My aunt has resided at Hazelwood Nursing Home approximately 3-4 years. In all that time, I have never had to complain about care or cleanliness. The staff show true affection towards residents. When weather permitting, they go into the garden with sun hats, drinks and have various activities and parties all year round. A wonderful home, just wish I had found it earlier.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

From the moment my dad started to live at Hazelwood he was given total care and respect. The total professionalism that is shown by the staff is exceptional.
On the day that my Dad died, they were so considerate, of not only m but my Dad. They did small but very important little things that made me feel better as my Dad passed..Small little details like putting a photo of dad's family on the pillow close to dad's face.I'm sure this would have been a comfort to him.
While we waited in his room the staff all came to see Dad, there wasn't anyone who didn't know dad or care about him.When the time finally came the staff were calm and caring and dignified.
I know this is a very personal review but, I want whoever is reading this to know that, as far as I am concerned this is a marvellous place for a member of your family to come to.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother's been in Hazlewood now for three months and has settled in very well. Aa an early dementia patient the staff are very polite and friendly and very attentive to everybody. My mother is eating much better since she has been in Hazelwood. The meals are very good and varied to suit all. Overall I can't really fault her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been resident at Hazelwood for the past 2 months and I am now confident that my selection of this home for him was well justified. I have observed that all residents are treated with compassion and dignity. When I and members of the family and our friends visit we made very welcome, whatever time of the day it is. There is no restriction even if we arrive at meal times when we are always offered refreshment.

All members of management and staff that I have come into contact with are competent, friendly and very helpful. If I have any concerns in future I feel sure that they will be dealt with sympathetically.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Likely

Our mother was transferred to Hazelwood Nursing Home from a three-month stay in hospital.
All staff were pleasant, welcoming and professional.
We were all treated with respect and complete transparency throughout the whole process and this continues still today.
Our mother is well provided for and happy and is making good progress.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Hazelwood is a happy supportive place and I feel that my mother was looked after very well. The management and staff really go the extra mile. They are all very supportive of the residents and their family. They are friendly, professional and very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

As my father's dementia progressed he had to be moved from residential care to nursing care. I have been thoroughly impressed with the standard of care provided by all of the staff. Dad was treated with dignity and kindness even on some of his 'off' days. I too was treated with great kindness when my father passed away. I have no hesitation in recommending Hazlewood Nursing Home to care for your loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum received excellent care at Hazelwood Nursing Home. The staff were competent, cheerful and committed to making the residents comfortable. My mum always looked clean and well cared for and the general cleanliness of the home was very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We were welcomed by very honest and open people. Management changed about 6 months after mum went into Hazelwood Nursing Home, everything was a bit unsettled for a while, then new management came in and it settled down. The manager seemed keen on our input and was very pleasant. The owner was very good with the residents and all staff including kitchen and cleaners were good with our mum. The only thing we asked for but didn't get was a menu displayed somewhere as mum could never remember what she had for dinner.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Likely

Dipak Patel, Director at Hazelwood Nursing Home responded to this review on 04 Oct 2016:

Thank you for your feed back. We now display the menu and a copy is always at the nurses stations.

Dad was in this lovely nursing home for 3 years. The family have been very pleased with the way in which Dad was cared for. All the staff are empathetic and understand how to care for someone with advanced Alzheimer's. We were always informed about Dad's care plan and if a Doctor needed to be called for.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home highly enough. Eventually, I had to deal with nearly 7 years of my Mother's dementia and the last four of these were at Hazelwood.

The staff are professional, caring, patient, experienced - and not just to the patients themselves, but also the families who are confused and struggling with coming to terms with the situation in which they find themselves.

Hazelwood, gave me hope and and a sense of sanity during one of the most difficult times of my life.

The home also maintains an intimacy which is vital for dementia care. They never, ever were aware of when I was attending and on countless occasions I would turn up to find staff either feeding, cleaning,or just sitting and caring for my Mum. Often it was more than one person.

I will permanently remain grateful to Hazelwood for the help and guidance they gave me.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Dipak Patel, Director at Hazelwood Nursing Home responded to this review on 05 Jul 2016:

Thank you for your comments. Your comments are the reward for the staff who are the most important people in any care home.

Residents were very well cared for. Family were always informed of change in medication, deteriorating health. Family and friends were made welcome at any time of the day or night (including the dogs) you were encouraged to use it as "your home". Many events during the year for family and residents e.g Valentines, Easter, Summer BBQ, Guy Fawkes, Christmas etc. family looked after as well as residents. Clients treated with respect and dignity. If you felt anything was not right or wanted something done you only had to ask. Food was very good and nicely served up with time given to each person if they needed feeding.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I found I was unable to cope any more caring for my husband. So I looked around and decided to have a vacancy at Hazelwood Nursing Home. He was made comfortable and given much attention and reassurance to make him feel at home. I was so glad because I was very worried how he would be. He was happy and contented. Unfortunately his condition deteriorated- he had amyloid angiopathy and contracted another urinary infection. This time the antibiotics did not help. A doctor from the surgery visited many times during this period. The care he received I cannot fault. They were marvellous. Myself and children received such understanding and comfort when he died.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Hazelwood Nursing Home three years from October 2012. She is very happy and content due to the care from nurses and carers alike who always make time to have a conversation with her and myself, she is always looking nice and tidy. Also her room is always clean. Nurses will telephone me if they have any concerns about mum, the care is excellent. I can't fault it. They put on various parties, BBQ once a year, every one very welcome to attend which are very good. Hazelwood Nursing Home is a very very good nursing home. I feel mum is very safe to be there. I have no concerns about anything.

How likely would you be to recommend Hazelwood Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

When my father went into Hazelwood, everyday he wanted to go back home. After the first month, he was doing painting, drawing, and was very happy with the staff and food. As he was happy to be there, we were very happy to leave him there.

Submit a Review for Hazelwood Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hazelwood Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hazelwood Nursing Home