Staplehurst Manor Care Home

Frittenden Road, Staplehurst, Tonbridge TN12 0DG

Staplehurst Manor offers nursing care, palliative care, Parkinson’s, short stay and convalescence requirements. Carers are available 24 hours a day and put dignity and respect at the heart of their service.

Situated in wooded grounds, this converted Georgian country house makes the most of modern care expertise, while remaining a stylish and homely property to live in. Pleasing features include marble pillars, a grand sweeping staircase and stained glass windows.

The home embraces traditional celebrations within the food menu, while looking for a daily menu that suits personal diet and taste.

History talks, reminiscence sessions and exercise classes have all been embraced by the home, which has good wheelchair access and is well-located for outings to places of interest.

Person in charge: Julie Taylor (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 30 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Staplehurst Manor Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Staplehurst Manor Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Staplehurst Manor Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.626 for Staplehurst Manor Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (158 Excellents x 5) + (68 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 235 Ratings = 4.626

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Staplehurst Manor Care Home is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6 positive Reviews (30 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 6 Target Reached = 1

9.6 Staplehurst Manor Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.626) from 20 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Staplehurst Manor Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Staplehurst Manor Care Home

• Respite Resident/Service User

The whole experience has been extremely good. Peace and quiet was what I required.
The staff are exceptional, caring, non-intrusive, patient and kind.
Thank you all so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Staplehurst Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Services Administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 11 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review about your stay at Staplehurst Manor and I'm pleased to hear you had a peaceful time there.

Mum has been a resident at Staplehurst Manor for just over a year now and without a doubt, her care has been excellent throughout this time. She is very happy there, the staff are caring efficient and considerate and extremely professional. As a family, we are very happy that mum is being cared for at such a friendly and professional place of residential care.

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 07 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear that your mum is happy in our care, I know this must give you and your family peace of mind also.

I have found everyone kind and helpful and all the services efficient and well run.

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 08 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home.

This is a very well run and cheerful home from home for my wife. The care and helpfulness of the staff is of a high order. I am so glad that my wife is a resident. It takes a load off my mind to know she is safe and so well cared for.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 15 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

Since my mum moved here, she has improved immensely in her mental state. Her disabilities are many, buy every care is taken with her physical needs, mental needs. There is always something to do, always someone to talk to and has made many friends. Staplehurst Manor has been a godsend for mum.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 13 Dec 2017:

My mother has been a resident at Staplehurst Manor for the past year. I have nothing but praise for all the staff here. Mum is very well cared for, kept clean and warm and very well fed. There an amazing amount of activities arranged to take place in the home if residents wish to join in. Staff are always polite to residents and their visitors.

Thank you for your review and kind words about our staff. I'm so glad to hear that your mother is well cared for and I'm sure that this must give you peace of mind knowing that when you are not there she will be given the best of care.

I was made to feel most welcome on visiting the home.
Staff were most accommodating and always cheerful.
The home was always clean and a nice environment to be in.
I witnessed my husband and other residents being spoken to with utmost respect and dignity and staff were always pleasant and helpful.
The beautiful grounds of Staplehurst Manor were an added bonus and my husband was able to access the garden and to take part in some 'container planting' which he enjoyed.
I always left the home knowing he was being well cared for.
On occasion, I would join my husband for Sunday lunch and that really helped to keep a 'home from home' routine.

Jayne Duck, Customer services administator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 25 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The food was excellent. Made to feel welcome. Encouraged to join in with activities. I was happy there.
Only 2 hoists available so had to wait a long time as senior residents were given priority, but this changed if I needed to be up to attend an appointment, and I was always ready.
The staff were helpful.
I would be happy to return to Staplehurst Manor.

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again sometime.

I would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff, you have been so very kind and caring towards my mum while she has been with you. All the staff, including, the chefs, carers, nurses, physios, the laundry team, the domestics, etc etc, have been wonderful. Myself and my family can't thank you enough.
Thank you all so much.
Regards Jane.

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I would recommend this home as being excellent in every way.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 11 May 2017:

A beautiful setting for convalescence following a fall and broken leg. Good food and a variety of meals. Helpful and caring staff. Plenty of activities to be involved in if you wish. I enjoy the music programme, recorded and live music. The staff made a great effort at Christmas with decorations and created a festive atmosphere. I appreciated the open door visiting policy where friends and family were free to visit whenever they wished.

How likely would you be to recommend Staplehurst Manor Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 10 Mar 2017:

We were very thankful to the staff at Staplehurst Manor for their kindness, care and support during Mum's two-month stay while she convalesced following a broken femur.
The home is very comfortable, beautifully furnished and in wonderful surroundings.
We were always made to feel very welcome, especially over the Christmas period when our family greatly appreciated the hospitality we were shown enabling us to celebrate Christmas with Mum. The food was delicious.

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

I visited Staplehurst Manor as a prospective care home for my father. The facilities were impressive and I was greeted by friendly, caring and professional staff. The whole establishment has a good feel about it and the residents I spoke to were very happy with the care they were receiving. Having visited other care homes this compared extremely favourably and I would thoroughly recommend it.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

My brother was admitted to Staplehurst Manor direct from hospital suffering from terminal cancer. The nursing staff, carers and managerial team have been most helpful to all family members and care for my brother has been very good. As his condition deteriorated the care attention was stepped up and pain relief was good. His last days were peaceful and the care for myself and family very supportive. After he died peacefully the staff were most helpful and sympathetic. I really cannot fault them on any count.

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 06 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your review and may we take this opportunity to offer our condolences to you. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I found the staff very caring at all times. I was able to feel safe too, whilst staying here. My bed was a little short for me. I had burnt toast sometimes for breakfast. But it was a happy place to stay. I was looked after well.

How likely would you be to recommend Staplehurst Manor Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2016:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I have had a lovely time here, the people who care for me have been fantastic and the food is excellent. I would recommend the Manor to all my friends and family.

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 13 May 2016:

Staplehurst Manor is a very homely and welcoming place to live. My wife and I visit my mother every day and are always made to feel part of her home. All the staff are very professional in their individual fields. We have joined my mother several times for dinner and found the food to be delicious and well presented. We are so pleased with the care of my mother that we will 'book our future places' there.

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 21 Apr 2016:

Very happy to be so well looked after. Staff kind and friendly. Lovely surroundings.

I have made many friends here. The staff are nice and so is the food.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Staplehurst Manor Care Home responded to this review on 28 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I feel I have freedom and independence. The staff are very kind and friendly without being overwhelming.

Submit a Review for Staplehurst Manor Care Home

posted 20 Apr 2018

Ensuite room available offering nursing or residential care. The home has a homely feel, set within beautiful gardens.

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Staplehurst Manor Care Home