Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home

Middletown, Hailey, Witney OX29 9UB

Middletown Grange Care Home makes the most of pleasant grounds and a versatile interior to provide top quality nursing and residential care, with professionals available round-the-clock and also skilled in care and support for convalescence, rehabilitation and holiday breaks.

A committed team work hard to ensure that all provision is tailored to the individual, while allowing them to make the most of a relaxed and homely atmosphere.

All staff are carefully chosen and well-qualified to achieve the best standards, with the company philosophy focusing on an attentive service that also supports an active lifestyle. Personal interests are encouraged and there is much to enjoy within the life of the home.

The aim is to meet all residents’ needs over the long-term, living up to a reputation for quality that Barchester homes have earned.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Jane Ritchie (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 56 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Drive from Witney into Hailey next to Church on the left hand side

Visitors can visit anytime of day.

Parking available on site

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.508 for Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (71 Excellents x 5) + (51 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 128 Ratings = 4.508

The 4.625 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11.2 positive Reviews (56 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 11.2 Target = 0.625

9.1 Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.133) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home

My father has been in Middletown Grange care home for more than 6 months now; he suffers from dementia and I have been pleased by the patient and caring manner in which the staff treat him. His behaviour can be challenging, yet they are careful to treat him with dignity and respect. His care plan is regularly updated and actions taken seem to be appropriate to his needs, both physical and mental. On a couple of occasions, I have needed to talk with the manager or deputy manager over a couple of concerns, and they have immediately taken steps to deal with the issues I have raised. In spite of the demands of the work, the staff are always polite, friendly and ready with a smile.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home? Likely

Good care for husband and have been able to adapt to his needs - training staff as required.
It helps the family to know he is happy and well cared for during his stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

A clean caring environment. Good food at all mealtimes but meal times are given in the brochures and residents attend at stated times, but food can arrive late or staff are not present to serve it. The wide nationality mix of staff renders it difficult to understand them.

I have only been visiting Middletown Grange since October 2017 when my mother became a permanent resident.
Every visit has been relaxing and the staff very helpful and friendly.
I would recommend this home to other people looking for a place for a member of their family if needed.
The building and gardens are well kept.

Middletown Grange worked extremely well with our family when we needed to move my father into a care home within a very tight time frame. We are very appreciative of all that was done to make this possible. We are very happy with the care and interest all the staff have shown in helping my father and our family adjust to this difficult but necessary transition. We are comforted by the knowledge that my father is now receiving the care he requires at this time in his life. It is early days yet for us with respect to our familiarity with care homes but Middletown Grange staff are guiding us every step of the way. Keep up the great work!

The only constructive feedback I would like to give at this time is about the car park: I think lines to designate parking spots would mean more cars can be efficiently parked in a relatively small area. Given that most residents may have an older adult visiting routinely, it can be quite challenging for an individual of this age to find a spot.

About one representative- She is a breath of fresh air. Intelligent and quick-witted, she's surprisingly good and prompt, enterprising and resilient - surprisingly so for her age. She certainly has the ability and I think, the ambition to advance and succeed in her chosen field. Other carers here are varied. They are an agreeable and co-operative group. Senior members are very competent but the juniors are obviously still learning the job.

My husband has now been at Middletown Grange for nearly 15 months. He has Alzheimer's disease. I visit frequently and he never fails to say how lovely everyone is there. This is also my own experience with the staff. They are really wonderful and he is very happy which is an enormous comfort to me.

Very open and friendly. You can visit whenever you want. Everyone is very helpful and caring.

I last completed a review in Spring 2016 about my aunt's care. She has lived here since December 2013 and is very happy.
She needs considerable help with her physical needs as she is bed bound, the staff are very patient with her as she can sometimes be unsettled and frustrated which make her irritable.
She loves to read, chat to people, watch TV and generally know what's going on in the home.
She is 88 and a feisty character. I am secure in the knowledge that whatever her needs are the care home will meet them. I extend my heartfelt thanks.

My experience of the care home is of a very well managed establishment, care staff and management are all very kind to the residents. I would recommend this care home to my family and friends.

My mother in law came to you after a fall breaking her hip.
She had spent six weeks in hospital and was not expected to live very long.
With your excellent nursing and care, she managed to sit in a chair in your sitting room and even had her hair and feet done.
Her passing, though terribly sad, was not as traumatic as it might have been.
We are very grateful to you all.

Submit a Review for Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home

posted 09 May 2018

We currently have limited availability. Please contact us to discuss your needs further, we would love to welcome you for a visit.

Jadwiga

Jadwiga Chasikowska

Job Title: Second Chef

Joined: 2007

I have worked in the kitchen here at Middletwon Grange for the past 8 years. I love working with people and ensuring that they have good fresh, home cooked and nutritional foods. I am enjoying now moving with the times and trying new foods on the menu such as Chinese and Curry's as per the residents requests.

Ellen

Ellen Mahlangue

Job Title: RGN/RMN Duty Nurse

Joined: 2004

I have been working for Barchester for over 10 years both here and at another Barchester Home. I am a specalist in Dementia care and run the Memory Lane unit here at Middletown Grange. My motto for my role is "always put myself in both the residents and family's shoes". Seeing my residents have a happy and fulfiled life is all I need for job satisfaction.

Lenny

Lenny Wiggins

Job Title: Maintance/Gardener

Joined: 2005

I have worked at Middletown Grange for 10 years now. I love my job because every day is different, plumbing one day, decorating the next and then in the summer gardening. During my time here we have been in the semi finals in the Barchester garden competition and have also just been awarded the Green Matters Eco Friendly award for our Eco footprint. I enjoy coming to work and working with such a bubbly team.

Louise

Louise Heather

Job Title: Head of Housekeeping

Joined: 2011

I have been here at Middletown Grange for 4 years. My goal at work is for the home to be clean, odour free and homley for all of our residence. A good day for me is all the cleaning and laundry done and a good laugh and chat with the residence and families.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Middletown Grange Care Home