Acorn Court Care Home

Watercolour Development, Off The Moors, Redhill RH1 2PD

Acorn Court Care Home, Redhill, Surrey

Acorn Court Care Home specialises in both nursing and dementia care, having been purpose-built to allow for efficient care methods in a comfortable and homely environment.

High standards of care are achieved while respecting the independence and personal freedoms that residents wish to maintain, which are supported through strong community links.

Pleasing furnishings and a range of entertainments help support and maintain a good social atmosphere, with staff always keen to welcome visitors.

Group: Carebase Ltd

Person in charge: Monica Prosser (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 86 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Head/Brain Injury

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

To access the home take the second right off The Moors.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Acorn Court Care Home: click here

9.6 Acorn Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.627)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Acorn Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 35 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Acorn Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.871 for Acorn Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (368 Excellents x 5) + (50 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 420 Ratings = 4.871

The 4.756 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Acorn Court Care Home is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 17.2 positive Reviews (86 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 17.2 Target = 0.756

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Acorn Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Acorn Court Care Home

• Mother of Resident/Service User

I love the place. I chose to come here. The staff are lovely. The manager and the little dog visit me every day.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Monica Prosser, Registered Manager at Acorn Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 Aug 2017:

Joan, thank you for the lovely review, we're delighted you choose us to be your new home. Missi loves her daily visits to you and the little treats you give her. Kind Regards, Monica.

My wife has been a resident at Acorn Court for the past three years and in that time I have had not a single moment of worry or concern for her care and welfare. The care staff are marvellous, they really do care, creating a happy and friendly environment for all and together with a high quality management team, it is an extremely fine establishment. I have previously dealt with other care homes regarding other members of the family over the past years and have found Acorn Count far superior, my wife is kept safe, healthy and happy for which I am extremely grateful. Keep up the good work, you not only enhance the lives of the residents but also the relatives to whom they are held dear. Well done!

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Robin, thank you for taking the time to put a review of Acorn Court, it really is helpful for other people looking to place their loved ones. Thank you also for allowing our team to look after your wife. The whole team love her dearly and very much enjoy your visits to the home as well.
Kind Regards, Monica.

My mother has been a resident at Acorn Court for almost 18 months. When my husband and I went to review the home we were impressed with how clean it was. The manager took the time to show us around and told us on what floor Mum would be. She introduced us to other members of staff. When we visit you get a warm welcome smile from whoever is on reception. When Mum was unwell a doctor was called and she was given medication and she felt better after a couple of days. I don't have to worry that she receives her medication and has regular visits from the podiatrists and visits the in house hairdresser. Since having a fall at home, she was frightened to walk on her own and was transferred to Acorn from the hospital, she is still unable to walk and the home are aware that she is not confident and take time with her, she is always clean and changed frequently. I would happily recommend Acorn Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Monica Prosser, Registered Manager at Acorn Court Care Home responded to this review on 15 Aug 2017:

Hi Yvonne,
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of Acorn Court, we're delighted that you are happy with the care and attention that your mother receives, she is a pleasure to look after.
Kind Regards Monica.

Mum has been a resident of Acorn Court for 4 years now and we are so glad we found this place, we can’t imagine she could be in a better one. There are so many horror stories in the press these days about care homes that it’s a massive comfort to know she is in a good one, which we can be sure she is because of the many wonderful, kind, caring members of staff we’ve met that work there. Mum herself is always singing their praises too, and clearly feels safe in their care.

The home is kept to a high standard in terms of appearance and cleanliness.

All in all we can highly recommend Acorn Court to anyone choosing a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Peter, thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us on carehome.co.uk, this is really helpful for other people starting the process of looking for a suitable care facility for their loved ones.
Thank you also for allowing us the privilege of caring for your mum here at Acorn.

My husband has been a resident for just over three years and has dementia. He has his every need taken care of by caring, very kind, loving and dedicated staff. Nothing is too much trouble for any of them. Always greeted with a warm smile and a hello. Meals are varied, well cooked and have visual appeal. I can vouch for the taste appeal as well. His clothes are well looked after and are nicely ironed. Rooms are very clean and well kept.
Acorn Court is an excellent care home with a good atmosphere and with the emphasis on caring. I can honestly say after visiting my husband I can go home with a happy heart knowing he is safe and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Monica Prosser, Registered Manager at Acorn Court Care Home responded to this review on 11 Aug 2017:

Geraldine,
Thank you so much for taking the time to place a review on the website, Thank you so much for allowing us the pleasure of looking after your husband and your visits here to the home always delight, not only for him but the staff team too.
Kind Regards,
Monica

My wife has been in this home since October 2014 and the family and I are completely happy with all the care and attention that she receives 24/7. Nothing is too much trouble no matter how small it may seem.
The staff will do whatever is needed to keep the patient happy and contented.
I cannot think of anything I would complain about in the time she has been there.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Monica Prosser, Registered Manager at Acorn Court Care Home responded to this review on 10 Aug 2017:

Dear Derek
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review for us, you are always welcome to join us at Acorn Court, it's so lovely that you get to spend such quality time with your wife and us alike.
Kind Regards
Monica

My son has been a resident in Acorn Court's Acquired Brain Injury Unit for the past nine years. He has very complexed needs, but the nurses and dedicated carers have risen to the challenge.
Everyone works to ensure that all his medical and comfort needs are met. I could not ask for a more professional, homely and friendly place for him.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Monica Prosser, Registered Manager at Acorn Court Care Home responded to this review on 08 Aug 2017:

Thank you June for taking the time to place a review for Acorn, it really does help other families looking for a suitable care facility. Thank you for allowing us to care for your Son.

The care my mother receives at Acorn Court is exceptional.
Mum has dementia and she settled into Acorn Court very well.
6 months on mum is happy and she has recently started to sing, this shows she is content.
All the carers show empathy, kindness, respect and understanding of mum's condition. The nursing care is excellent, a doctor is called when required and I am kept informed.
The home is bright, clean, with excellent food. The staff make me feel very welcome, they say it's your mother's home now, we simply work here. I have been asked to stay for dinner many times. The staff make birthdays special, every resident will have a cake made for them and the staff sing Happy Birthday, it is very special.

I cannot fault the home, it is a very difficult thing to put a loved one in to care but with Acorn Court I do not have to worry, I have peace of mind mum is very well cared for.
I would not hesitate in recommending Acorn Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Monica Prosser, Registered Manager at Acorn Court Care Home responded to this review on 07 Aug 2017:

Hi Sylvia
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Acorn. It really does help other families looking to make a suitable placement within a care facility. Thank you also for entrusting your lovely Mother to us, she is a real character and keeps us on our toes.

My mother has been a resident at Acorn Court for just over a year.
The care that mum receives is excellent, the staff treat mum with dignity and compassion. Nothing is too much trouble, the staff react quickly when they notice mum is unwell, if necessary the doctor is called.
When I visit mum, I am always greeted with a smile from the staff.
If I have any questions about mum they take the time to speak to me. The staff are well trained in understanding dementia and this is consistent with every member of staff. The entertainment provided at Acorn Court is varied and stimulating. The hairdresser makes a fantastic job of cutting mums hair. The food that is served is well cooked and varied, with plenty of choices.
I am able to take my dog into see mum, this also cheers mum up. I would recommend Acorn Court for anyone needing great care for a loved one. Thank you again to the manager and her team you are wonderful people.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Hi Elaine, Thank you so much for taking the time to place a review of Acorn on the website, it is extremely helpful for other people who have the task of looking for a suitable place for their loved ones. We are delighted you placed your Mother here with us at Acorn, she is definitely a real cornerstone of our Acorn Court Family.

The home is supportive and understands my mother well.
Most welcome is the consistency of her main carers, most of whom have been there throughout. They are kind and patient and my sister and I do not worry about mum's safety or welfare. She has access to the outside secure garden space and that is a real plus not only because my mother smokes outside but because it expands the space she spends her time in and makes it less claustrophobic generally.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Hi Ceri, Thank you for taking the time to place a review on our behalf, other people do find this an extremely useful way to gather information before coming to have a look around. It's our pleasure looking after your Mother, she is delightful.

My mother has been in the care of Acorn Court for 6 months and the family have all been very impressed by the staff, facilities and overall friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
She has formed great relationships with the team and is happy, content and healthy.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Monica Prosser, Registered Manager at Acorn Court Care Home responded to this review on 05 Aug 2017:

Dear Chris, Thank you so much for taking the time to place a review on behalf of Acorn Court, it really does help other people looking to place their loved ones into a suitable Care Facility. I would like to Thank You for allowing us the privilege of looking after your Mother, she is an absolute delight.
Kind Regards
Monica.

Acorn Court came to my rescue when Dad (the carer) was suddenly taken into hospital and my mum (a dementia patient) needed respite care. Within 24 hours of me visiting them, Mum was settling in. All the staff were accommodating and friendly and Mum enjoyed her time there. After a couple of days, staff noticed Mum was unwell so a doctor was called, a diagnosis made, a prescription arranged and within a few days, she was much better.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Acorn Court offers a really high level of service and a full programme of events, more like a holiday park than a care home. Lots of tea trolleys with biscuits, lovely friendly staff - always on hand to listen. A dining room with lovely laid tables and the gardens are very pretty and accessible. A care home is a good description of Acorn Court. We are always confident that our mother is getting the very best of care and attention.

Well done!

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Monica Prosser, Manager at Acorn Court Care Home responded to this review on 05 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review of Acorn Court.

I recommended my friend's mother to move into Acorn Court after her long stay in hospital.
She is very settled and is very happy in her new home. The carers are really efficient, loving and friendly and the home is efficiently managed. There are lots of activities available which means that she is mentally stimulated, which is just what she needs as she is a very intelligent and 'switched on' lady.
She has commented to me about the quality of the food and service, with plenty of choice and hot and cold options available.
I would certainly recommend Acorn Court to other friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Both my father and, previously my mother-in-law have been residents in Acorn Court. Everyone there has been excellent. The care, cleanliness, nurturing could hardly be bettered and some of the staff are exceptional. The nursing care is second to none with doctors called as soon as required. The residents best interests are looked after and these services also apply to relatives. You really feel part of the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father has now been a resident at Acorn Court for almost a year, after a combination of a stroke and vascular dementia meant he could no longer live at home. He is a resident of the high dependency floor, where the ratio of carers to residence is much greater and the level of care, including nursing care, is of an extremely high quality. However, it is the calibre of the carers that makes Acorn Court stand out. They treat the residence as individuals, show them patience and respect their dignity. I would not hesitate in recommending Acorn Court to anyone facing the hard decision of choosing a care home for a loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother had previously been in two other care homes. The standard of care varied considerably and the attention paid to her needs was latterly bordering on the minimal. So we took the opportunity to have a look at Acorn Court on an Open Day and immediately decided to move her here. During the four years she was here the staff were absolutely magnificent and the wonderful atmosphere generated by the management permeated throughout the home. Mum was treated as an individual and relations were welcome to visit at any time. Before becoming incapable of joining in, she used to thoroughly enjoy the various activities and outings. Finally and to reinforce this review, I should mention that before she passed away, we also chose to install my father-in-law in Acorn Court when the right time came to do so. My wife has submitted a separate postal review in respect of his stay here.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I placed myself here some six months ago. I did not like being at home alone. I am pleased I did. The care provided is excellent, the food is delicious, the activities are fun. My room is very spacious and I brought in some of my own furniture. In the summer we spent time in our beautiful gardens having fun. Everyone here is happy, residents and staff. We all sit together at meal times to eat. Once a month the bar opens and we get to choose, what to do and where to go on all trips at a forum meeting we have.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Kind, caring and compassionate. The Manager and her friendly team cared for our mother last year and are currently caring for our father, giving their three daughters peace of mind. Nothing is too much trouble. Highly recommended.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been resident at Acorn for 3 years now and I would not want her to be anywhere else. The home is the most amazing place. The care that is delivered there is first class. The residents and their families are most definitely at the forefront of the homes ethos. The Manager holds regular meeting for all the relatives even the relatives that no longer have anyone their get a luncheon every month, that is hosted by the manager and her husband. It is so lovely to know that when the time comes that Mum is no longer here we too will still be included in what Acorn do. The activities are great and family members get to choose what they would like to do and where they would like to go. The activities lady is absolutely fabulous, she is so accommodating to everyone. The administrator is very helpful and the reception is always welcoming. Christmas is coming and the activities are really getting going every year the home is transformed into a real spectacle.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Acorn Court is an exceptional care home and worthy of the full cabinet of awards that are displayed in reception. My sister has been so well looked by the entire team nothing is ever too much trouble and they always make me feel as equally welcomed and loved when I visit, it really is like one very big happy family. As Christmas is now approaching the home is starting to take on its annual appearance of a winter wonderland it's beautiful every year and always different.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very grateful for the care my grandma received whilst being a resident at Acorn Court, she had amazing staff that made us all feel very welcome and gave her an exceptional level of care. I would highly recommend Acorn Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has severe dementia and has been in residential care for over 8 years. The care my husband gets is excellent and I am very happy with every aspect of his care. He was violent but the staff keep him calm. My husband cannot speak, is doubly incontinent, cannot swallow and stumbles along but the staff always seem to know what he needs. He is held with great thought by all of them. He is always clean and wearing his own clothes. He is changed regularly. He cannot take part in activities, he doesn't understand what is happening.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My son has been a resident at this care home since it opened in 2008. He is in the ABI unit where he is so well looked after and, what is more, loved by the staff, who are friendly, approachable, extremely professional and will always go the extra mile for the sake of their residents. I have very close contact with the home and know that I am listened to and taken seriously. I would happily recommend the ABI unit to anyone who has similar needs with full confidence that staff would do their utmost to be accommodating.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum had a long spell in two hospitals, during which she had a series of strokes, before she arrived at Acorn Court. In her condition, it was obvious that mum couldn't go home, and so I had a good look around for an alternative, and thankfully found Acorn Court. It was a no-brainer for choice, they stood head and shoulders above the rest, and I am so glad that I followed my instincts and chose them. I could not have wished for better care and peace of mind that all the staff give. After just a few weeks, mum was looking so much better than she had looked for months, and was back to her happy, smiling self. Every member of staff, from top to bottom, show empathy, understanding and warmth, with a real sense of kindness. They keep me informed and up to date about any changes in mum, or her treatment, and regularly arrange things like hearing tests and speech therapy. Mum is pleased to have her hair cut and set by the in-house hairdresser on a regular basis, she has a podiatrist visit, and the lovely girls have often shaped and painted her nails, bless 'em!
When some care-homes get criticised, I always wax lyrical about the great quality of care that mum receives, and how polite and helpful the staff are to family members visiting....nothing is too much trouble. Mum has been with them now for over four years, and she really couldn't be in a better place.
I totally 100% recommend Acorn Court to anyone needing peace of mind and great care for a loved one if, or when the time comes.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother in law has been a resident for over a year and the care and understanding of her dementia has been exceptional. The carers are a constant with very few changes; the food is excellent; the nursing staff are so good and look after mums physical needs on a day to day basis. This is not residential care as it used to be - residents are entertained, taken on many outings, including pub lunches - and so many of the parties are designed to include family and friends. Family members are welcome to visit at any time and I have joined Mum for supper on many occasions. My mother in law is very happy and comfortable in Acorn Court and most importantly she is safe and being given the care and support that could no longer be provided in her own home.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has been residing at Acorn Court since 12 October 2015. My initial thoughts are that I agree that this is a Care Home of Excellence. Always clean, staff are very professional and caring, nothing is ever too much trouble for them. Mum has been treated well for her individual needs, on both a personal and medical level.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care, and it truly was care, that my mother-in-law experienced at Acorn Court was beyond our wildest expectations. The Manager and her team exemplify the caring of the vulnerable and elderly. Having tried to care for mother-in-law at home we soon realised it was way beyond our capabilities so where do we turn? Care homes seem to received only bad press so we were apprehensive. Well we had no need for those fears once we went to the Manager and her team at Acorn Court. That care didn't end when my dear mother-in-laws passed away. The respect, compassion and care we the family received will stay with us forever. Many times I say to folk that I just hope the Manager and the Acorn Court's culture is around should I need caring for. A heartfelt thanks to you all. It has been a privilege to share my thoughts and feelings with others.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Acorn Court for nearly 2 1/2 years. The Carers/Nurses on the 2nd Floor work extremely hard looking after the residents. My mother was seriously ill in January 2015 and the Carers/Nurses were absolutely brilliant in caring for my mother, and they were also very kind to myself and my husband during this difficult time. We appreciate the continued patience and kindness the Carers/Nurses show towards my mother. There is a nice atmosphere on the 2nd floor, the Carers/Nurses are friendly, cheerful and nothing is too much trouble for them.

The Housekeeping Team do an excellent job in keeping the home and rooms nice and clean, together with providing an efficient and excellent laundry service.

The food is excellent, in particular the home-made soup and the lovely birthday and afternoon cakes the chef and his team bakes.

The garden at Acorn Court has been transformed into a lovely haven with nice flowers and plants and various places for the residents and their family/friends to sit. Weather permitting, in the summer, I always take my mother down to the garden in her wheelchair and she loves seeing all the plants and flowers and enjoys having a cup of tea outdoors. Also there is a lovely lake near to the home which we often take my mother to.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been resident at Acorn Court since October 2010, she has always been very happy there and very well looked after. My Husband and I attend as many of the functions as we can and they are always very enjoyable. The home has an excellent chef and there has been many occasions over the years where they have catered for functions especially for us and Mum (within the home) which has meant that we can all still be together as she can no longer get out to us. There is a very strong management team that clearly lead by example, we are very happy to be part of the Acorn Family as they call us.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident since September 2015. Initially she was very apprehensive about going to live in a Care Home. She had for the last 13 year lived at home with my sister but following another fracture to her femur followed by embolisms in her lungs my sister, having lost her husband in December 2014, decided that she would no longer be able to cope. Following a long stay in St Mary's Hospital in Roehampton we were delighted to be offered a place for her in Acorn Court.

Since then my mother has settled very well. The staff are considerate and kind at all times. The atmosphere is one of contentment and it is a joy to see my mother chatting with fellow residents and enjoying their company. It really has a feeling of being home from home. The food is great and if it is one of the resident's birthdays a beautiful cake is supplied and appreciated by all the residents. The chef and kitchen staff are responsible for this thoughtful touch. The outings are an added bonus which my mother has taken on several occasions.
The home is maintained to a very high standard which is overseen by their Care Manager and the cleanliness is second to none. My mother's room is cleaned every day. Her washing is spotless and the bedding changed frequently.

All in all I do not think there could be anywhere better for my mother to reside. I feel she is well looked after and have no worries that her care is lacking in any way.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mother was lucky to get a bed at Acorn Court back in 2010, I transferred her from another home in Crawley where she was really not taken care of. I cannot explain how within such a short space of time this brilliant team of people transformed my Mother back to her old self. There is always interactions going on, she is now very advanced in her dementia but she still gets included with things that she is able top participate in. They have some really good musicians that go in and always get them joining in. The home is bright and clean and you will always get a really warm welcome from the staff there. If it is meal time we are invited to stay and have lunch with Mum, which we have done on many occasions and I can tell you the food is very very good. (The cakes have to fall into the excellent category though). It is a big home with lots of variety, there is always some event taking place either in the home or outside. There is a very good support Group 'Friends Of Acorn' which is headed up by one of the relatives who has been associated with the home since it opened, they will arrange for Mum to be visited when we are on holiday and this gives us great peace of mind. The Management seems to have gone a step further with everything and it is very evident that the residents of the home are the most important, closely followed by the relatives and the staff teams. Christmas time is always a special time to be there, the reception area gets a different theme each year but is always like a complete wonderland. I can highly recommend this home to anyone looking for a loved one ! its a very special place and we are delighted to be part of it

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

This is one of the best care home around for dementia. Staff are trained in all areas of dementia can not praise the home or staff enough. The home has been around for a very long time and has a great reputation.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

From the first point of contact from the lovely Administrator I felt at ease. The staff made the transition very easy and couldn't believe how quickly my husband settled in. The staff here are amazing and make you feel as if this is your home as well. The progress my husband has made since being here is so wonderful to see. I can now relax at home knowing my husband is being cared for in a lovely caring and safe environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Acorn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was very impressed with the home and delighted when a bed became available, as was my Sister following our first viewing of the home. I was even more impressed when my sister became a resident with the care that she received from the teams.
There is a very good support service available to all the families and this is the only place where they continue to look after families after their loved ones have gone. You are really made to feel part of a very large family.
All the staff are very friendly and always have a cheerful smile on their faces and clearly enjoy what they do.
From the first time we went through the doors we knew that it was the place for our Sister.

Submit a Review for Acorn Court Care Home

Monica Prosser

Job Title: Manager

Joined: 2009

Monica joined Carebase nearly 10 years ago and has been sucessfully managing Acorn Court ever since. Monica has been caring for the elderly for more than 30 years in various roles. She primarily worked in domiciliary care, providing assistance to those in need at their home before joining us here at Carebase.

Ami

Ami Penfold

Job Title: Lifestyle Coordinator and Receptionist

Joined: 2011

The residents affectionately call her ‘Amazing Ami’ as there no end to her talents, because as well as ensuring there are activities and therapies to entertain and stimulate the residents every day, she is always on hand to provide a helping hand to everyone, whether it be it a hair-styling when the Hairdresser is not around or nails and makeup if required for that special occasion. Ami can always be counted on to join in the fun with a good song and a dance, or for giving that special hug to ensure that everyone feels special and loved.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Acorn Court Care Home