Ashton Lodge, Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey

Ashton Lodge is a homely facility that makes an excellent contribution to community life, being registered for 100 residents and available for many specific care needs.

All of the home's bedrooms are en-suite and the interior is highly-suited to adults with memory loss or a visual impairment.

Carers are highly qualified in the practice of dementia care and the service is open to both short and long-term care and nursing requirements.

Person in charge: Charity Shawa (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 100 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single from £1250 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Ashton Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ashton Lodge: click here

9.4 Ashton Lodge has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.379)

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Ashton Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 28 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ashton Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.829 for Ashton Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (279 Excellents x 5) + (53 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 334 Ratings = 4.829

The 4.55 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ashton Lodge is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 20 positive Reviews (100 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 20 Target = 0.550

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ashton Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Ashton Lodge

My mother is 97 years old, bedridden with severe dementia. I couldn't be happier with the level of care she is receiving at Ashton Lodge. She is frequently checked in her room by staff who are all kind, efficient and professional. All her needs are being met including time taken to identify her likes and ensure she is as comfortable and happy as possible. Communication with the family is excellent. The home is very well run.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My husband was blind and a double amputee and very depressed when we arrived at Ashton Lodge just over 4 years ago. Thanks to the perseverance of the carers and dedicated nursing staff, he turned an important corner, wrote his autobiography and enjoyed many jokes with the staff, frankly, they saved his sanity and mine. I shall be extremely grateful to Ashton Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

As I live overseas it was very important that I can be confident that my mum is getting the very best in care and attention. Having visited Ashton Lodge and met the staff there on a number of occasions, I am very happy with how she is being cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

Having had experience of three nursing homes lately Ashton Lodge is by far the best. The atmosphere and surroundings are very pleasant. The staff are caring and helpful and my mother has settled really well. There are plenty of activities and things to keep residents interested and entertained. I have no hesitation in recommending this nursing home as I can now know Mum is cared for and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

When I came to view the home it was the best out of four that I viewed. The home is so well managed to a high standard. The staff are so caring to my sister and are always there when needed. The menu for everyone is always a good choice to eat. The activities are very good and my sister enjoys going. I would highly recommend your home to family and friends because of the care and support from all your staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with all the care my sister is getting at the home. All members of staff (manager, duty manager, care staff, nursing staff, cleaners, kitchen staff and administrators) cannot do more for our sister and also made our family very welcome.

The home has a lovely homely feeling when you enter.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My husband has been at Ashton Lodge now for 7 months. I find the home very friendly, clean, homely and very professional. The care staff are fantastic, always there with a smile and cuddles if needed.
The food is all home cooked with tea and cake in the afternoon. The nurses are highly trained in dealing with the dementia residents.
My husband is always clean and tidy.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

We were totally unaware of the intended move - however, we discovered the ward's intention and came to Ashton Lodge approx 8.30pm. We rang the bell apologising for any intrusion but were very warmly welcomed. A member of staff showed us round.
We left with positive feelings.
The following day I ensured I was with my husband in the ward when interviewed by the home manager, accepting the placement with confidence.
He moved the following day 6th December 2016. To date, my husband has made huge strides for improvement in his health due to excellent care and encouragement, from all members involved with his care plan.
Ashton Lodge is a friendly caring environment offering full support, in times of stress for both resident and family.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Likely

My brother is extremely well cared for in every way. I visit when I can as I live in Scotland but I email the home to get updates and they are answered promptly. I have no worries whatsoever regarding my brothers care. I would recommend to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My friend was very happy there and the carers were excellent. However, I did find one carer argumentative when I wanted to give my friend a drink and raise the bed because she had a chest infection.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Likely

My mother was a resident for a short period of time before she sadly passed away. The accommodation and staff were excellent and very professional. I would have no hesitation in recommending this nursing home to any of my friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

This home should be rated Excellent. It is well managed under the current Manager. The staff nurses and carers do an exceptional job caring for the residents ensuring they are clean, well dressed, well fed and are stimulated with various activities, music, arts and crafts. They provide excellent external entertainment once a week. They often go the extra mile to ensure the residents are respected and well loved. The Manager operates on an open door policy, open to concerns raised and will act promptly to resolve issues. The staff are always cheerful and patient and work as a team. The safety and cleanliness of residents are of paramount importance. The gardens are extensive and beautifully kept. Residents are encouraged to sit outside in the warmer months. They hold a fabulous BBQ summer party for all the residents and their families which is always a great success! Residents are encouraged to eat in the dining room except for the frail who are fed in their rooms by the carers.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My father's stay was in Ashton Lodge for end of life care. My family and I were more than satisfied with the standard of care received. We found the staff friendly, very helpful and considerate of my father's frail condition. The nursing staff, in particular, were compassionate and always available to inform us of my father's condition and administer the relevant care for his comfort.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

To me, excellent means perfection as humans are involved they sometimes mess up so "good" is my verdict. When the staff asked to attend to an issue or fix a problem e.g. repositioning in wheelchair or bed, or finding a missing item they respond quickly and cheerfully or explain if a delay is necessary. His room is mostly clean. The bathroom is spotless. Food is varied and looks appetising. Laundry is sometimes misdirected and has to be searched for.
The clinical lead and home manager are approachable and listen, most of the staff are welcoming to relatives and visitors and take an interest in our wellbeing. "Activities" is left blank as he won't join in despite encouragement to do so.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with the care my mum is receiving. The staff are doing a very difficult, at times, job well. I have found the staff pleasant and helpful and ready to listen and friendly. The new manager is doing her best to improve everything including getting full-time staff which is good for residents. They are well fed, kept clean, even amused by some of the staff. Even the people in the laundry are pleasant and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Likely

Very warm and friendly. When I visit my brother they always provide the tea and biscuits, also a bowl of water for the dog. The gardens are always pleasant to sit out in. No unpleasant odours which can be prevalent in other homes I have visited.
My brother is very happy, he should not be there but both is sons live abroad and as I do not enjoy good health he could not stay with us. Ashton Lodge recognises this and makes allowances for which I am very grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Ashton Lodge since October 2012 and has settled in well and is well-cared for by the staff. She is happy there and tells me that she likes her room and how clean it is. The staff are friendly towards the residents and treat them with kindness and respect and ensure their needs are met. I am my mothers only relative and am happy and confident that when I go on holiday she will be safe and well cared for when I am not visiting. There is a very nice garden should residents wish to spend time outside.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother was taken into Ashton Lodge in November 2014 with dementia and the transition went very smoothly. I used to visit her every other day and I found her situation to be very comfortable and reassuring. In my opinion, I found her surroundings and care to be of the highest standards and the staff commitment likewise. The care home manager is a credit to your company and would finish by saying on my arrival I was always welcomed with refreshments and kindness. Many thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

From the beginning, I was put at ease. Everything was explained and I was greeted by all with a smiling face. Everyone said 'hello' and it was great to see the residents happy and smiling. My husband has really settled in and is happy there. I would recommend this home to everybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

When trying to find a placement for my step mother, the manager and staff went out of their way to help in every respect. They are kind, compassionate, committed people doing a first class job, in some times, challenging situations. My stepmother has advanced dementia and can be difficult on occasion. The home is extremely well managed, they are 100% committed to the welfare of the residents. It has been a huge relief to me, to know that my stepmother is safe, well fed and cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

The care and attention my father received during his 15 months as a resident of Ashton Lodge was first class. All the staff showed care and compassion at all times. You couldn't ask for more.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

We made our usual visit to Ashton Lodge today (22/6/16). We are always greeted warmly, we found our relative in the lounge enjoying a quiz. He looked clean, tidy and happy. We were brought tea and biscuits during our visit and enjoyed a lovely chat with one of the carers. Our relative's room was beautifully clean and tidy as is the norm. We spent a good while with our relative discussing up and coming events and trips out. Confirmed that his diabetes is being managed superbly and the food is wonderful. Such lovely people at Ashton Lodge - so glad we found you.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

Lovely, friendly welcoming home with friendly staff. My grandmother has just moved into the home and has settled in really well as a result of the warm atmosphere. There are many activities and things to do for residents. The home is a perfect home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

The care home is lovely. The room could not be better. The staff were very kind and caring, both to me and my father. Nothing was too much trouble. We were so lucky to come here.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother has been here since January 2014. She has been monitored and given the best environment for her care. Despite her dementia she had a happy two and a half years in the downstairs unit. The staff treat her very kindly and with warmth, love and respect.
My mothers condition has worsened and it means she will move to the dementia unit upstairs. I am in total agreement with this decision. It has been explained to me in full and I have every confidence that my mum will be well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

My friend has the best care she could have wished for at Ashton Lodge. Every one is made to feel welcome and I am always greeted with a smile. The home itself is bright with two lovely lounges and the food looks and smells delicious.
My friend is bed bound at present so everyone pops their head in her room to see if she needs anything. She loves every minute and I'm so glad she took the plunge into this Nursing home, she has no regrets. The whole staff need a pat on the back for a job well done!!

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

After spending time in hospital mum was transferred to the home with apprehension into the unknown. Within hours the staff on duty had popped in her room and introduced themselves with welcome. Her care is so attentive to her needs. Her medicine is supervised by the duty nurse on time so mum has a routine. She had her first shower and hair washed which was done with dignity and respect. Her room is fantastic and the bed is really comfortable. The food is outstanding and she eats it all. They are catering to her diabetes too. The manager has time to speak and very approachable.
From the moment you step through the door there is a smile to greet you. Both receptionists understand your needs, not just the service user but visiting family too. The activities lady lights up so many faces. The whole nursing staff and orderlies have such a great working relationship which is clear to see. Team work is excellent and this all goes into making mums future at Ashton Lodge happy, safe and enjoyable.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Lodge? Extremely Likely

We are so grateful to the staff at Ashton Lodge who have cared so lovingly for V B during the time when it became her home. We have visited V on so many occasions, and we have always been welcomed. We are grateful that you have been able to plan her days, respecting her wishes, so that though she was always very dependent, you did not enforce a strict regime on her, but allowed her to feel at home with you.
Her care has been exemplary, with so many helping with her care over the years, treating her with respect and loving kindness. We have all very much appreciated the love she has received from the staff, we have always felt relaxed about her, knowing that we could trust her to your care.
And now that her life has come to an end we wish you all farewell and hope you will remember her smile as her way of joining us in this big ''thank you''.

Submit a Review for Ashton Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Ashton Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ashton Lodge