Cedar Court Care Home, Cranleigh, Surrey

Cedar Court is a purpose-built care home for the elderly offering residential, nursing and dementia care. A professional team has furnished the home to an exceptionally high standard, providing elegance and comfort. The recent addition of the Alexandra Suites has created brand new suites as well as new facilities including the Cedar Sanctuary, bistro and library.

The “home from home” feel at Cedar Court is created by the dedicated staff who have been selected not only for their professional ability but also for their commitment to truly making a difference for the people in their care.

Resident’s rooms are spacious and feature en-suite facilities. The communal areas are at the centre of what makes Cedar Court a real community whether it be at meal times or when enjoying activities. There are no fixed visiting hours so friends and family can come and see residents at any time.

Activities and day trips are an integral part of the resident’s well being. The activities coordinator encourages and helps residents continue with existing interests and also introduces new hobbies. The minibus is used frequently to take residents on day trips near and a little further from the home.

The dining experience at Cedar Court boasts fine home cooking by a professional Chef who has created a menu to reflect the interests and tastes of the discerning residents.

Respite care at Cedar Court is very popular and enables those wishing to experience what the Home has to offer before making a full commitment.

Group: Maria Mallaband Care Group Ltd

Person in charge: Cosmin Lemnaru (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 75 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Admission Information: No Mental Health. Ages from 18 to 150.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Estonian, Polish, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Cedar Court Care Home: click here

9.7 Cedar Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.660)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Cedar Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 23 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Cedar Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 23 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.66 for Cedar Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (186 Excellents x 5) + (73 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 268 Ratings = 4.66

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Cedar Court Care Home is based on 23 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15 positive Reviews (75 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 23 Reviews ÷ 15 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Cedar Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Cedar Court Care Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User
  • Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User

My Nan seems very happy staying here which makes myself and my family very happy.
The staff always make us very welcome when visiting.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I came here after a fall in desperate need of help and support and I have found both here at Cedar Court. I am very grateful for their care.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Having decided with friends about their care home experiences, I have decided that Cedar Court is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My grandmother was originally admitted to Cedar Court for a short stay but as her needs have changed she is now staying there on a long-term basis. She was initially understandably nervous as change can be a daunting thing, but it didn't take her long to settle in and she now loves it there and wouldn't have it any other way. The staff are very caring and she has lots of activities to keep her both mentally and physically active within her limits. It gives us (her family) great peace of mind to know that she is happy, living with dignity and is well taken care of. Should her future health needs increase then we are pleased that there is the potential for Cedar Court to accommodate these with the other levels of care services they provide.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I never expected to be this happy in the later years of my life (I am nearly 95yrs).
I went to Cedar Court on a temporary basis for respite and liked it so much I decided to stay permanently.
I have now been there nearly a year.
I have a lovely room with wonderful facilities, there are great activities including outings.
The meals are very good and the staff are delightful, friendly and caring without being intrusive.
I never want to leave.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been at the home since April 2015 and I visit every day. Since the new owners/new management team, there has been an excellent improvement. The atmosphere amongst carers is one of working together for the benefit of residents. I can only speak for the Albert Wing.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I moved into Cedar Court Care Home on 5.6.2017. I was apprehensive at first but within days I felt very at ease and happy with the move.

Management and assistants filled me with confidence. My room was very welcoming and I really regard this as my home.

The food is good and varied. Everywhere is clean and nicely decorated. Nothing is too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am extremely happy with the care my mother is receiving at Cedar Court. The staff are very helpful and supportive of my Mum's needs. They listen to her and respect her space and independence. They know when to step in and when to let her get on by herself. I very much feel they allow her to be herself.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very kindly and extremely helpful care.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My uncle is very happy at Cedar Court where he has been for over 4 years, but I think it is too expensive and do not see the justification for 7.5% increase. When you consider what the inflation rate is.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Likely

My Mother went into Cedar Court originally for 3 days but given the down turn in her health the family decided it would be best for her to stay a little longer so she would be stronger when she returned home. My mother was against this at first, but the staff were wonderful and soon won her over, it was only a little while after she told me to sell her property and she wanted to stay there permanently.

She is so happy and the staff are so caring, she is a very fussy eater but loves the food and the wonderful activities they have. Her room is very nice and the property very well maintained and kept very clean.
It is lovely to see my Mother so happy and content, now considers the staff her friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very well looked after. Nice room, plenty of activities and occasional outings and I can sit in the garden and meet fellow residents.
Mostly good food. Care workers extremely good. Shoe box appeal means I meet fellow residents, Big screen shows films, i.e Dads Army that I enjoy. A very good library. Hairdresser available. Entertainment. Visitors welcome. My activities reading, word puzzle and jigsaws.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care given is exceptional. All staff know my mother-in-law very well and help make her day to day life a happy one. Friendships have been made with both residents and staff which helps us feel more relaxed that my mother-in-law is happy. My mother-in-law has thrived since moving here from another nursing home and continues to do so. Thank you, doesn't seem enough words to express our feelings.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband was in Cedar Court Care Home for the second time now for 2 weeks respite in August. The staff are just wonderful to him and he is very happy there. The whole family are delighted about how he has settled to having respite stays at Cedar Court and I am delighted with all aspects of the service. Having confidence in knowing my husband's needs are being met, allows me to holiday with my grandchildren without any worries about him being upset or difficult (which he can be). I understand that each home is different but for me when I go to Cedar Court, it feels like someone such as my husband has arrived home as opposed to going to a home. Formality is replaced by a warm welcome. Last time I took him there he was whisked off to join others for lunch - during the short period while I took his bag to his room, he had settled to talking to others at the table to the extent he just offhandedly waved me goodbye. That is what I call a result!

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Grandmother is living in Cedar Court for over a year now. Sadly as I study overseas I am not visiting her very often but every time when I come she will tell me how happy is she at Cedar Court. She knows all the staff and she is very fond of them. As I am not here all the time I can not comment more than what is she telling me about Cedar Court and until now I can say that she loves it here.
What I know is that everytime when I visit she is happy and looking very well looked after, all the time I am meeting the manager on the corridors and the staff is very communicative and friendly.

Activities: Don't Know

I know Cedar Court Care Home for 13 years, my auntie was the very first resident here and afterwards my friend. The facilities in Cedar Court are good, the staff is definitely very friendly, is a lovely atmosphere. The care provided is very good, the staff are very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Likely

I can say that the carers here know what they are doing, I do receive appropriate care. I am happy at Cedar Court and I do receive the support that I need.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

What a shame we can't use names to praise an individual but all of the staff at Cedar Court look after my sister so well. She also hugely appreciates the classes, looking at the newspaper reports, exercise etc. The huge number of local people who appear giving pleasure with concerts etc are also hugely appreciated and valued.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jasmine Pearson, Sales/Marketing at Cedar Court Care Home responded to this review on 15 Aug 2017:

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear your sister is being well looked after.
If there is anything further we can do to help, please do not hesitate to let the home know.

The home has continued to give my sister-in-law the quality of the life and happiness that were missing here. She loves the staff and they love her.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased to reside in my new home. I was nervous on arrival, but the entire staff have made it so easy for me to settle in.
Friendliness and happiness work almost as well as medicine and staff here supply both. The staff also are extremely kind to visiting relatives.
My family are impressed from the outset. I was encouraged to regard Cedar Court as my home and no restrictions were placed on how I used my room.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother arrived at Cedar Court in March 2016, after her previous nursing home closed. It was a very difficult period for all the family, but mum settled in with good nursing care and even regained her appetite and started enjoying her meals again. But the best for mum (and us all) is having friendly faces to care for her and be able to have a chat and a little joke.
To all at Cedar Court, thank you very much.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Likely

Jasmine Pearson, Sales/Marketing at Cedar Court Care Home responded to this review on 07 Aug 2017:

Thank you from all of us for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear your Mother has settled in well and if we can do anything to help you further, just let us know!

Cedar Court appears to be very well done. The staff listen to any requests and act upon them. 100% of the people (staff) I have met are cheerful and caring. The home is smart and well furnished with beautiful grounds. Thank you to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Cedar Court Care Home for over two years and after the initial settling in period she has been very happy there.
She has a good size room with en suite facilities.
On the whole, the care she has received has been very good and any issues that have arisen have been dealt with quickly and efficiently.
The carers are very kind and considerate but staff don't seem to remain before they are moved to another wing or leave.
The activities and outings are excellent and Mum has participated in them on a regular basis.

Submit a Review for Cedar Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cedar Court Care Home