Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing

151 Bletchingley Road, Merstham, Redhill RH1 3QN

Coppice Lea Nursing and Care Home in Merstham, Surrey provides residential and nursing care for up to 51 residents, including trial stays, respite breaks and convalescent care as well as long-term care.

Coppice Lea was rated ‘Good’ across all categories by the CQC in their last published report, in August 2016.

Set in five acres of landscaped gardens and wooded grounds, the elegant Victorian house has been converted to provide care. All bedrooms are of a pleasant size and afford splendid rural views. They have attractive en-suite facilities, a colour television and direct dial telephones. All bedrooms are equipped with the latest nurse call system.

An experienced and qualified care and nursing team deliver care through individualised care plans which are designed in consultation with the individual resident, their family/advocates and a senior member of the nursing team. Care plans are regularly reviewed and adjusted to a resident's caring needs.

Life at Coppice Lea is varied and interesting. A dedicated activities coordinator ensures there is a wide range of activities available, with visits to local places of interest regularly organised.

Speakers are invited to give talks on a variety of topics and residents are encouraged to partake in both craft activities. For those who are “green fingered” gardening is always an option.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Neema Clinton (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 53 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.443 for Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing is calculated as follows: ( (59 Excellents x 5) + (71 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 131 Ratings = 4.443

The 4.849 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.6 positive Reviews (53 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 10.6 Target = 0.849

9.3 Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.292) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing?

Reviewer Connection to Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing

• Sister-in-law of Resident/Service User

My friend came to Coppice Lea for end of life care. The staff were very professional and friendly. My friend was made very comfortable for her last week of her life. I would highly recommend Coppice Lea to everyone for the elderly and end of life care, my friend was only 51 years old.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing? Extremely Likely

I was visiting recently and staff were moving residents to their rooms. I was really impressed with a healthcare assistant. The resident had dementia, but before the assistant moved him, he got to his level and spoke to him and told him exactly what he was going to do. He was speaking to him all the time he was putting him on the hoist.

All staff are friendly and look after residents well.

My husband and I have only been here six weeks. So far the care has been very good. Lovely atmosphere - all the staff are friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. Good food.

My mother has been at Coppice Lea for nearly 4 years and although she has deteriorated with dementia, she has always been cared for and loved every day.

January has been a difficult month but through it all the staff and management have been exceptional for both my mother and me.

Very happy to be at coppice. Very homely and caring staff. Better than my home.

Very good, like home.

I have a nice room. I am independent and I can do whatever I want. I like the people here. I have good company here and enjoy being here.

I like all the staff and I think this is one of the best care homes.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing? Likely

Excellent care, no problems.
I have a lovely room with a nice view.
I like the people here. Good company. I like the food.
The carers are very good. I like the jokes we have together.

I cannot praise the management and the staff enough for their professionalism, friendliness, approachability, dedication and hard work. I know my mum is in good hands!

I feel there is one specific improvement needed regarding the living areas which would greatly enhance the already excellent work done by the staff ie. Removal of carpet throughout the home, particularly in the resident's rooms.

Although I have put "Good" for most of the options below there have been times when some have dropped below that but equally sometimes things have been excellent. Individual members of staff in particular have been outstanding and to see so many at Dad's funeral and that they were genuinely upset at his passing, not just representing the Home, was very touching. He had very much become part of the community.

Very happy to be here at Coppice Lea. The staff are kind, always there for me when I need anything.

Submit a Review for Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing

posted 09 Apr 2018

Please call 0808 223 5419 or email enquiries@caringhomes.org for further information on the current Bed Vacancies at Coppice Lea.

December 2016

Neema

Neema Clinton

I am a Nurse by profession and since completing my training have worked in general nursing, cardio vascular and as a midwife in a number of hospitals. In 2006 I moved into the care sector, working in nursing homes gradually working my way up the ladder from a Senior Nurse to a Clinical Lead and then a Deputy Manager at Coppice Lea.

I am really happy to have been offered the Home Manager role at Coppice Lea Nursing Home. Taking care of people is extremely important to me. I lead my compassionate Care Team in delivering the highest level of residential and nursing care for up to 51 elderly residents. I ensure that the home maintains a stimulating and encouraging environment for our residents, whilst supporting all of our colleagues to provide expert quality care. I really enjoy being a Home Manager, caring for people and sharing knowledge with my valued colleagues.

Merstham I a beautiful village which I am very proud to live and work in, building the local community contacts for our residents, ensuring they remain part of our local community. Listening to music and swimming are hobbies of mine, and enable

I feel that the Caring Homes philosophy matches up well with my own beliefs on care provision, and I am committed to ensuring that all our residents continue to receive the high levels of care and protection they deserve.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Coppice Lea Care Home with Nursing