Downsvale Nursing Home, Dorking, Surrey

Downsvale Nursing Home is a private nursing home set in beautiful grounds with views to Boxhill. Professionals offer compassionate care in a happy family atmosphere.

The home offers those seeking residence a friendly and comfortable atmosphere.

* 24hr Qualified Nursing Care

* In-House Laundry

* Day Rooms

* Passenger Lift

Owner: Monarch KM Ltd

Person in charge: Diane Vidad (Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 35 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Private, Social Services and Continuing Care welcome. Ages 65+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian, Polish, Tagalog

Weekly Charges Guide: (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Downsvale Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.) Nursing Care Single £700 – £975 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Downsvale Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Downsvale Nursing Home: click here

9.4 Downsvale Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.416)

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Downsvale Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Downsvale Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.559 for Downsvale Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (92 Excellents x 5) + (53 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 152 Ratings = 4.559

The 4.857 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Downsvale Nursing Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7 positive Reviews (35 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 7 Target = 0.857

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Downsvale Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Downsvale Nursing Home

I cannot fault the care and support the staff at Downsvale Nursing Home gave my father and also his family and visitors. They are genuinely very caring people who obviously have a passion for the work they do.

I would not hesitate to recommend this nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We would recommend Downsvale to anyone looking for a nursing home for themselves or a relative. The care and compassion shown to our family member and the family were fantastic. Dad was treated with dignity during his stay. We could not have asked for more. The entire staff were exceptional. Thank you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Downsvale are of the standard one would expect in a first-class nursing home. They showed kindness, understanding and compassion to my husband - nothing was too much trouble.
I was always given a cup of tea when I arrived and also afternoon tea and the chocolate eclairs are "out of this world".

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I was really worried about my husband going into Downsvale as I have a very bad experience when he went into another care home for 4 days and his care was very poor there. When my husband went into Downsvale, he was at the end of his life and confined to bed. The care he received was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. He was there for 10 days and the staff made his as comfortable as possible. He was treated with respect and dignity until the very end.

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Rahul C, Director at Downsvale Nursing Home responded to this review on 06 Jan 2017:

Many thanks for your kind review.

We were made very welcome when we came to visit the home for mum. The room she was given was light and had a beautiful view over Boxhill. Mum had cancer and was in the final few weeks of her life complicated by a severe stroke. This meant she couldn't take part in any activities but the staff still came and spoke to her and to us and offered us drinks etc. The staff took special care of mum in her last two weeks of her life. We were allowed to visit whenever we wanted. Her room was warm and comfortable. We would definitely recommend this home to someone in a similar situation.

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Likely

On arrival, on 11/11/2016, I was warmly greeted by both management and caring staff. The room, though on the small side, is clean and adequate for my requirements. I am a vegetarian and the staff have provided me with a varied and interesting diet. The staff are very helpful and are quite happy to do, among other things, personal shopping. I have been made to feel welcome here and always feel relaxed and comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Likely

My Husband was admitted to Downsvale Nursing Home in April 2014. He has Huntington's Disease, a serious neurological disease for which there is presently no cure. Downsvale has such a warm, friendly and caring atmosphere, I knew my husband would settle there. When I realised that the time had come that I could no longer give the care that my husband needed, I cannot pretend it was an easy decision for me to make. However, with the professionalism and caring of the Downsvale staff my husband was able to settle in and I could see that he was receiving the much needed nursing care that I could not give. I cannot express enough how the continuing support from Downsvale has helped not only myself and family to come to terms with this dreadful disease but has also given my husband warmth and caring in providing the nursing skills required to make him feel comfortable and secure. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We couldn't have found a better nursing home. The management and senior nursing care was on the ball straight away. The day to day care and nursing was first class and the staff were all so warm and welcoming. We have nothing but praise for their dedication, towards a very poorly and difficult patient. A bonus was the noticeable lack of the smell of urine.

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Rahul Chhapwale, Director at Downsvale Nursing Home responded to this review on 03 Jun 2016:

Many thanks Ms Lamplugh for your kind comments.

Very good residential service. Services backed up very well. Food very good, cared for and secure.

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Mum fell at home in December 2015 and broke her arm. She was living on the south coast and it soon became apparent that she could no longer care for herself at home. She had lost the ability to walk unaided but she was very sad to be leaving her long time home.
Many of care homes in the area are very good but rather imposing, with wood panelled halls and cloth napkins on the table. This was not my mum! The surroundings at Downsvale suited mum much more. It is very homely, relaxed and welcoming.
The staff are fantastic and really helped mum to settle in quickly and worked hard to help her regain some of her ability to walk (albeit with help). They soon got the measure of her humour and she started to feel at home.
Sadly, mum became ill in March and having already agreed with her doctor that she wanted no intervention, the staff and her doctor managed her condition extremely well. Mum was comfortable, pain free and I was able to be with her right to the end. I am hugely grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Rahul, Director at Downsvale Nursing Home responded to this review on 13 Apr 2016:

Thanks Gail, for the kind review!

The staff are very kind and friendly, and do as much as they can for us. However, some of the facilities and services could be improved eg. the correct tablets are not always given (I always check them), the commode in my room is not always emptied every day and the toilet could do with being kept cleaner.
The senior staff can be relied on for these details, more than the junior ones. I am not making a racist remark, but it's bit difficult to understand what the foreign staff are saying. There are good recreational times in the lounge, well run by the staff concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Likely

Rahul Chhapwale, Director at Downsvale Nursing Home responded to this review on 19 Apr 2016:

Thanks for your candid review. We have looked into these matters and can report that we have addressed the matters raised by yourself e.g. re the commode cleaning during our recent staff meeting. Some of the staff are new from overseas and I can understand that it would be a bit of a problem sometimes to understand. However, with them being here longer helps and also we do try to hire locally where possible. Also, have raised the issue about the meds with the nurses and they report back to say that some of the meds come in different colours depending on manufacturer e.g. Ferrous Sulphate comes in white and red also some of them vary in shape as well. Nonetheless, we take all comments seriously and look upon them as opportunities to improve.

Having been diagnosed with terminal bowel and liver cancers on the 5th of October 2015. I underwent chemotherapy twice but unfortunately I reacted very badly and I am now left with a very weak body but I still have a very active mind. I was very fortunate to have funding due to the care I need and a short prognosis.
I am so happy to be in Downsvale, I feel safe and secure and so well looked after. The staff are so very caring and friendly. My family are close by and are able to call in whenever they can. I cannot be in a happier place for my last days.

How likely would you be to recommend Downsvale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother moved into Downscale at short notice when she needed 24 hour care. We had heard good reports about the home from friends who had had relatives staying there. She died there at the end of November, six weeks later.

We found the family, warm and informal atmosphere of Downsvale very reassuring. The staff were always approachable, treating our mother with kindness and respect. The owner, with his family, was very 'hands on' and interested in the residents as individuals. The building is neither smart nor beautifully furnished, but we could not fault the treatment she received. The staff liaised with her GP practice and the local hospice and kept us informed at all times.

Thank you again Downsvale.

Submit a Review for Downsvale Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Downsvale Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Downsvale Nursing Home