Downsvale Nursing Home

6/8 Pixham Lane, Dorking RH4 1PT

Downsvale Nursing Home is a private nursing home set in beautiful grounds with views to Boxhill. Professionals offer compassionate care in a happy family atmosphere.

The home offers those seeking residence a friendly and comfortable atmosphere.

* 24hr Qualified Nursing Care

* In-House Laundry

* Day Rooms

* Passenger Lift

Owner: Monarch KM Ltd

Person in charge: Diane Vidad (Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 35 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Private, Social Services and Continuing Care welcome. Ages 65+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian, Polish, Tagalog

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £700 – £975 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Downsvale Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Overview of Review Score

The Review Score of 9.5 out of 10 for Downsvale Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 27 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Downsvale Nursing Home in Google's Search Results – more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 24 months.

Detailed Breakdown of Review Score

The Average Rating of 4.479 for Downsvale Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (167 Excellents x 5) + (132 Goods x 4) + (16 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 315 Ratings = 4.479

• b) 5 Points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 24 months. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. A Positive Review is defined as any Review with 'Extremely Likely' or 'Likely' in answer to the question 'How likely are you to recommend this care provider to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?'

1. 4 points are available for the first 5 Positive Reviews; 3.00 points for the first Positive Review, and then 0.25 Points for each of the next 4 Positive Reviews.

3. If there are no Positive Reviews in the last 24 months, then 2.5 points are available for the number of Positive Reviews in the last 48 months. The calculation is the same as above, except the points are divided by 2.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Downsvale Nursing Home is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3.00 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 4

2. Target of 7 positive Reviews (35 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 7 Target Reached = 1

9.5Downsvale Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.479) out of 10 and an Average Rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 27 Reviews over all time

Total of 27, showing 1-20

• 15
  • 12
View more filters
Average Rating:  Average rating  3.9 out of 5

I have found Downsvale suitable for my brother, who is happy and satisfied.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

We were fortunate that our uncle was able to spend the last few weeks of his life at Downsvale Nursing Home, despite not living in the area. We were always greeted by the same friendly staff who all got to know our uncle and were able to give us any information we required about the things he had done
each day. We knew when we first saw Downsvale that this would be a homely place and all of the staff were very caring and interested in him. Thank you Downsvale.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.6 out of 5

My mother moved to Downsvale Nursing Home at 'end of life'. She was treated kindly by the staff, whom I found to be attentive and generally knowledgeable about my mother's care and needs, e.g. feedback from a recent visit by the doctor. Staff were visible, it was always easy to find a member of staff
if I had a question. If they didn't know the answer, they would find out and phone me.

Downsvale was the third Care/Nursing Home in which my mother was a resident over the past seven years. My only regret is that I didn't mover her to Downsvale sooner because the care she received was excellent.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.6 out of 5

My mother can be, lets say 'challenging' at times and the staff at Downsvale are extremely patient with her and are sympathetic with her needs. The accommodation has a homely feel and the owners are spending money in updating all areas of the home by updating lighting and decorating throughout. These
will be done over a couple of years to minimise the disturbance to the day to day running of the home. The residents all appear happy and appreciate the activities that are laid on and praise the staff for their kindness.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4 out of 5

This is the first time a relative has been in a care home. My nan has taken time to settled but now she has been diagnosed with dementia she has been more settled with medication. When I visit she is very happy and looks very fresh and well looked after. Many thanks for taking good care of her.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4 out of 5

Rooms could be updated but the care is very good my mother-in-law seems to be settling in okay although a bit restless at first but staff were excellent at looking after her.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.3 out of 5

The staff are so caring, diligent and patient.
Rooms could use a lick of paint, but that's insignificant compared to the quality of care, which is fantastic.

Average Rating:  Average rating  3.9 out of 5

A small, friendly home with a homely feel. The staff are very friendly to both visitors and residents. The food all seems to be home catered and nutritious. The rooms vary in size but I am happy with my fathers' larger sunny room. There are a variety of engaging activities on offer.

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

My husband took a little while to settle but is very happy now and he enjoys things that are going on.
Thank you for all the support he receives.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

A very homely nursing home. Staff friendly, helpful and nothing is too much trouble in helping residents and visitors.
A good range of activities carried out with residents and visitors encouraged to join in.
Good GP visits every week and reviews for all patients.

Average Rating:  Average rating  3.8 out of 5

Seems like a good place. The staff are quite friendly. There are quite a few activities for the residents. Possibly a little short of space.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.9 out of 5

Very good experience. Staff always welcoming. They manage my cousin very well indeed. Problem with laundry - new bras get ruined in the wash, the clasps break. I used to be very stressed by my cousin. Now I visit her every 3 or 4 weeks and it's good to see her making a new life in her relationships
with staff and volunteers. I visit her maisonette and it's time it was sold and cleared out.

Rahul Chhapwale, Director at Downsvale Nursing Home responded to this review on 27 Feb 2018:

Thanks Ann for your review. We will feedback your concern to the laundry and remedy the situation. Glad you were happy with the care received.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.5 out of 5

Our friend had the best care he possibly could have at Downsvale. He was clean, well fed, comfortable, pain-free, warm and tidy. All staff were kind, caring, happy to our friend and us. It was an easy process getting him into the home, a speedy transfer from hospital to home. Homes are not cheap but
I see why now after first-hand experience.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.5 out of 5

Downsvale has a lovely homely atmosphere. My mum stayed here for 7 months and was very happy here. The staff were really kind and caring and her room was quiet and like a home from home.

Nearly all the rooms have fabulous views of Boxhill and the large back gardens.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

I cannot fault the care and support the staff at Downsvale Nursing Home gave my father and also his family and visitors. They are genuinely very caring people who obviously have a passion for the work they do.

I would not hesitate to recommend this nursing home.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.8 out of 5

We would recommend Downsvale to anyone looking for a nursing home for themselves or a relative. The care and compassion shown to our family member and the family were fantastic. Dad was treated with dignity during his stay. We could not have asked for more. The entire staff were exceptional. Thank you
all.

Average Rating:  Average rating  5 out of 5

The staff at Downsvale are of the standard one would expect in a first-class nursing home. They showed kindness, understanding and compassion to my husband - nothing was too much trouble.
I was always given a cup of tea when I arrived and also afternoon tea and the chocolate eclairs are "out of this
world".

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.4 out of 5

I was really worried about my husband going into Downsvale as I have a very bad experience when he went into another care home for 4 days and his care was very poor there. When my husband went into Downsvale, he was at the end of his life and confined to bed. The care he received was excellent. Nothing
was too much trouble. He was there for 10 days and the staff made his as comfortable as possible. He was treated with respect and dignity until the very end.

Rahul C, Director at Downsvale Nursing Home responded to this review on 06 Jan 2017:

Many thanks for your kind review.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.3 out of 5

We were made very welcome when we came to visit the home for mum. The room she was given was light and had a beautiful view over Boxhill. Mum had cancer and was in the final few weeks of her life complicated by a severe stroke. This meant she couldn't take part in any activities but the staff still
came and spoke to her and to us and offered us drinks etc. The staff took special care of mum in her last two weeks of her life. We were allowed to visit whenever we wanted. Her room was warm and comfortable. We would definitely recommend this home to someone in a similar situation.

Average Rating:  Average rating  4.1 out of 5

On arrival, on 11/11/2016, I was warmly greeted by both management and caring staff. The room, though on the small side, is clean and adequate for my requirements. I am a vegetarian and the staff have provided me with a varied and interesting diet. The staff are very helpful and are quite happy to do,
among other things, personal shopping. I have been made to feel welcome here and always feel relaxed and comfortable.

Submit a Review for Downsvale Nursing Home

Please provide your details as we may contact you to verify this review. The review MUST be input and submitted by you, using your own personal email address (the email of the care provider will not be accepted). Reviews cannot be submitted anonymously. Your details may be passed to the care provider or to its service provider handling reviews but not to any other third party. They will not be published.

Your review must be about a service provided within the last 12 months.

Care Quality Commission (CQC) Rating

Overall
Good

• Caring

Good
  • Effective

Good
  • Responsive

Good
  • Safe

Good
  • Well-led

Good

Care Quality Commission is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.

View Latest Report

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Downsvale Nursing Home