Jubilee House

Pound Lane, Godalming GU7 1BX

Jubilee House, based in Godalming just off of the high street, is a purpose-built care home offering expert care, including for people living with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

All rooms at Jubilee House are equipped with a basin and toilet and the home features an array of communal spaces and gardens, perfect for catching up with loved ones and adding to the homely and friendly feel of the care home.

Following extensive optimisation to the ground floor, the home offers a dementia suite.

Care provider Care UK, who owns Jubilee House, has been developing its care programme for over twenty years, with the aim of developing as much care expertise amongst its workers whilst implementing modern and innovative methods where possible.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Totka Zhelyazkova (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 48 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Assessment Prior to Admission. Ages 55+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Jubilee House: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Jubilee House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Jubilee House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.705 for Jubilee House is calculated as follows: ( (156 Excellents x 5) + (47 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 210 Ratings = 4.705

The 4.521 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Jubilee House is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.6 positive Reviews (48 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 9.6 Target = 0.521

9.2 Jubilee House has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.226) from 18 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Jubilee House?

Reviewer Connection to Jubilee House

Everyone at Jubilee House was excellent during my mother's final few days. They were extremely kind and full of care and understanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

The initial move from his own home to the care home was very traumatic for my husband and for me. The staff at Jubilee House were so helpful and kind. Due to this calm and considerate treatment, my husband is now safe, calm and well cared for. The staff without exception are also very kind and caring to me.
I am deeply grateful to everyone at Jubilee House for all that they do for my husband and me.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

I am 84 and have cared for my wife for five years (Alzheimer's). November 20th, 2017, I collapsed with nervous exhaustion. My wife is now in Jubilee House, the finances were sorted out thanks to the customer services manager. My wife is being very well cared for.

Thanks to all concerned, she is now being very well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

My father was admitted with severe dementia and frailty in June. I cannot praise the staff enough for the care and attention to detail they provide. We (the family) are very happy that he is receiving the best care possible and will continue to do so.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

From the moment I had a pre-admission visit I just knew this was the place I would like my husband to be in. The staff are utterly wonderful - so kind, caring, patient and compassionate and there is nothing that they won't do to make his life easier or happier. They also take care of the family's needs and will spend any amount of time with us either discussing the on-going situation or comforting us when we hit a low spot. The Home is warm and inviting and has many nooks and crannies that residents and family may use at any time. The food is wonderful and varied and residents are encouraged to eat together in the dining room or bistro and mealtimes are treated like big social occasions. We just can't thank them enough for all they do!

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

My wife arrived at Jubilee House mid-March and with the support and care of staff has settled in very well. She tends to spend a great deal of time walking and is allowed to roam freely indoors enjoying the friendly approach of staff she meets on her way.
Always clean and well dressed it is obvious the standard of individual care is very high. Her room is light and airy, cleaned on a regular basis and every effort is made to make it homely. Both I and other family members/friends visit regularly and witness first hand the attention and care all members of staff from the manager down give to residents. My wife's birthday was a memorable occasion complete with the chefs homemade cake and the bistro laid out for all the family to hold a party.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

My Mother was admitted to Jubilee House in September 2016 in poor health. During the month since her admittance, her health is considerably improved and she is more stable mentally and emotionally. My Mother is a very difficult resident who requires considerable management. The manager of Jubilee House and her staff are unfailingly kind, caring, firm and diplomatic and I applaud their wonderful care of my mother. The home is warm, spotlessly clean, personal care is excellent and the food is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

Mum spent nearly 18 months at Jubilee House.
All staff, managers, lead clinical nurse, registered nurses, carers, cleaners, chef, laundry staff are an amazing team who care for residents in a caring, kind and respectful way.
Mum was happy while at Jubilee House. Very sadly, her health deteriorated and she passed away in April.
Her end of life care was managed in such a kind calm way. She had excellent care and she died very peacefully.
My family and I will always be grateful with how Mum was looked after.

Thank you to all at Jubilee House. I will never forget you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

I found the staff very caring and helpful. Dad took a few weeks to settle in but now seems happy and comfortable. The home is very clean and modern furnishings. Visitors always feel welcomed and are offered tea and biscuits. There is a nice garden terrace where residents can have a bit of time outside in the warmer weather.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Likely

Our relative has only recently moved into Jubilee Lodge and so far we have been very pleased with her care. The staff have been caring and considerate. Our relative and the premises are always clean and peaceful whatever time we call in. When we went to the interview and to view the home, we were impressed by the professionalism of the management who were well organised and knowledgeable. Being able to have the assessment at home was a huge benefit in one situation. We would certainly recommend Jubilee Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Likely

We are very satisfied with the wonderful care my brother has received at Jubilee House. The staff are very helpful and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

Myself and my family are very satisfied with our brother's treatment. Everyone has been very kind to him and us and we know he is very well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

I arranged for my friend to have respite care at Jubilee House recently. Sadly her health deteriorated a few days before the move and she died only days after moving there. I could not have asked for better care for my friend. The staff were so attentive and kind and tried hard to encourage her to take some food and drink but to no avail. I would highly recommend Jubilee House to anyone needing nursing care.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

Mum was a 91 year old lady who was moved to Jubilee House from hospital in January 2016. From day one my brother and I knew we had made the right decision. All the staff are warm, caring and thoughtful people. She was treated with total dignity and respect. Although Mum was unable to get out of bed, they made every effort to engage with her which included reading many of her letters and cards which she received virtually every day from her sister and nieces. Not an easy task!! Mum needed nursing care 24/7, this was also provided with the same care and respect. When Mum died, at the end of June 2016, just after we had visited, the news was given to us in a polite, respectful and sympathetic way. Thank you jubilee house.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

My mother went to live at Jubilee House, the middle of February this year, after the care home she lived at for 2 years closed. I immediately liked the feel at Jubilee House, when I went to have a look round, the staff were so warm, helpful and friendly, and I felt my mother would feel at home in time, and also the fact that it was nearer to me, I would see more of her. She has settled down and seems more content than she has for some time, all the staff are very caring and make time to chat to her, and look after all her needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

Everybody at Jubilee House are caring and nice, feel like family.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

My husband and I came to see our friend on her 100th birthday. Balloons and banners up, table laid with party poppers etc.
Really wonderful. Tea/coffee etc and lovely cupcakes.
All staff were great, helpful and cheerful. A great atmosphere. We were joined by relatives of the birthday girl, and great fun had by all. The staff couldn't have done any more for us. Lots of photos taken to go in our albums. Well done to everyone at Jubilee house.

How likely would you be to recommend Jubilee House? Extremely Likely

My father has been at Jubilee House for over a year. The care home has been very well designed and has a homely feel. The decorations throughout make it a warm and welcoming place. I particularly like the bunting. The home is always clean and tidy and it does not have the usual odour of most care homes. The staff are helpful, caring and polite. I feel that my father is in a very safe environment with staff who care for him very well. I always speak highly of Jubilee House and I have recommended it to others.

Submit a Review for Jubilee House

posted 16 May 2018

Please call us on 0148 337 8912 for current bed vacancies

December 2017

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Jubilee House