Sunrise of Weybridge, Weybridge, Surrey

Sunrise of Weybridge vibrant community is located in the prestigious Surrey town, close to Queens Road shops and restaurants. They offer a wonderful environment in which to live, however it’s a vast, dedicated team of skilled care managers, housekeepers, chefs, activities coordinators and others that make Sunrise of Weybridge the preferred choice for so many. Residents can enjoy secluded landscaped gardens, while a newly extended Reminiscence neighbourhood offers a specialist team to care and support those with memory impairment. The community is ideally located close to road and rail transport links, allowing for easy access by friends and family.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Tracey Wilson (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 110 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Speech Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Sunrise of Weybridge: click here

8.5 Sunrise of Weybridge has a Review Score of 8.5 (8.501)

The Review Score of 8.5 (maximum of 10) for Sunrise of Weybridge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Sunrise of Weybridge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.183 for Sunrise of Weybridge is calculated as follows: ( (38 Excellents x 5) + (37 Goods x 4) + (16 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 93 Ratings = 4.183

The 4.318 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Sunrise of Weybridge is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 22 positive Reviews (110 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 22 Target = 0.318

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Sunrise of Weybridge?

Reviewer Connection to Sunrise of Weybridge

Coming from hospital, I found everyone very helpful and kind. I was able to mix in very well. Staff do a wonderful job.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Weybridge? Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Weybridge responded to this review on 07 Feb 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sunrise of Weybridge.
Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities to make a difference to our residents and their families lives.

Fabulous!!

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Weybridge? Extremely Likely

Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager at Sunrise of Weybridge responded to this review on 27 Jan 2017:

The Sunrise of Weybridge Team

I have been here about a year and found it a fulfilling experience. Many aspects of life are enlarged or fulfilled.
There are some surprises, they generally enlarge our view of the outfit. It is very good for doctors and really everyone else of perception.

The Sunrise of Weybridge Team

My sisters and I are delighted with the care and facilities at Sunrise of Weybridge. For the first time in a couple of years, we can sleep knowing she is safe as she has dementia. The staff are wonderful and she loves them too. The food is delicious as well as nutritious. The room is lovely and like the whole building kept immaculately clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Weybridge? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Weybridge responded to this review on 13 Jan 2017:

The Sunrise of Weybridge Team

My Father's assessment for Alzheimer's care was deemed "lowest level" required. Four months later asked to leave, Sunrise pocket the £6000. Regardless of how it is covered in a contract, you should assess properly and understand the nature of the disease and its symptoms. My Father went to another home and was treated appropriately as an Alzheimer's patient should be treated....no one on one care that required more of his money, just good old fashioned patient attention and care.

Despite the "promise" to review a fair reimbursement when referred to Management they were told not to reimburse. During the process I had bailiffs calling and credit retrieval organisations threatening court....not impressive!

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Weybridge? Unlikely

Care / Support: Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

My mother has been very well cared for in the four months since she entered Sunrise of Weybridge. The place is very clean including the bathrooms which is a tribute to the staff (I would recommend replacing foot pedal bins which are small with an open top medium size for the paper towels, or even a high-speed air hand dryer, I was surprised at how readily my mother adjusted to these in public bathrooms). Staff are extremely friendly and polite. The one 'complaint' that my mother and other residents have expressed is that they are not asked often enough if they would like a cup of tea. The food is excellent and provides a balanced diet for those who so choose. Social activities seem well organised and frequent.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Weybridge? Extremely Likely

Staff are very caring - when I was in hospital, the care team were excellent at coming to visit. Care staff take real care and always treat me with dignity and respect. my 100th birthday celebrations were brilliantly planned and my family were made to feel welcome and special on the day. You do charge top rate for care and it does go up when extra things are needed - although it is lovely to be able to have a big enough room for my own things.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Weybridge? Likely

The staff and carers were all friendly and helpful but communication between them appeared poor. Some would persist in coming to the room to assist me to wash and dress or get into bed even though I was fully capable, others never came all day. Sometimes the bed was made and the room tidied, others no one came to it all day. The food was generally good but very ordinary and the meal service very variable, sometimes quick and at others very slow. The management did not appear to mix with the residents but left that to the carers, but were available if requested.

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Weybridge

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Tracey

Tracey Wilson

Joined: 2014

I am a registered nurse who has worked in the NHS for over 30 years, the latter 10 years in senior management roles overseeing older peoples services. I then worked in the independent sector in Care Home Management before joining Sunrise Senior Living in June 2014. I'm keen to continue to build on the great work the current team has been providing to improve the quality of life for older people.I also have a Masters Degree in Management and a Teaching Qualification and want to use this knowledge and skills to ensure that residents receive evidence-based, personalised care. I'm excited to be working with Sunrise and I'm looking forward to working with the principles of Sunrise, which I am passionate about.

Candice

Candice O'Neill

Job Title: Assisted Living Co-ordinator

I am responsible for the care and wellbeing of my residents and my team. My role to ensure that we co-ordinate our carers to deliver excellent individual care and to ensure we meet the specific, individual needs of our residents at Sunrise of Weybridge.

I have worked in the care industry since 1998, working with a vast number of different people and different needs. I have worked for Sunrise Since January 2015 and I am proud to be part of a team with such high standards and values. I am passionate about providing excellent care and making a positive difference to people’s lives.

Sarah

Sarah Fuller

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Prior to working at Sunrise, I cared for people with dementia as a domiciliary carer. The Sunrise principles of service ensure that our residents receive excellent care, which is something I am very passionate about. I have worked in both our assisted living and dementia neighbourhoods and feel very lucky to have met such lovely residents. I have particularly enjoyed listening to the stories about their interesting lives. My favourite part of my day is when I arrive at work and see the morning smiles on our residents' faces.

Mary

Mary Chaplin-Smith

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-ordinator

Laughter, happiness and fun are the key to making the Residents enjoy their lives at Sunrise. The rewards for this are enormous and that’s the goal that I want myself and my team to achieve on a daily basis.

Will

Will Burke

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

Working at Sunrise of Weybridge is incredibly rewarding. I see families on a daily basis having to make incredibly difficult decisions for themselves or their loved ones. I am able to guide them through the process with confidence knowing that we are able to offer the best standard of care in this beautiful setting. The true reward is seeing someone who was struggling at home prove our mission in practice; ‘To Champion Quality of Life in All Seniors’.

Nicki

Nicki Mercer

Job Title: Community Relations Associate

I joined Sunrise in September 2010, as a Care Manager in Bournemouth, in 2012 I transferred to a new role as a Community Relations Associate, supporting the Director of Community Relations. I moved to the Weybridge community in 2014. My new role enables me to meet and greet new residents and their families and get involved in events for residents within the Weybridge community. I enjoy getting to know residents before they move in and helping them settle in and become part of the Sunrise family. I enjoy my role and love that every day is different!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Weybridge