Barchester Westlake House Care Home

Pondtail Road, Horsham RH12 5EZ

Barchester Westlake House Care Home, Horsham, West Sussex

Barchester Westlake House Care Home for First Class Care and Comfort in Horsham, West Sussex.

Located in a leafy rural countryside setting, yet local to picturesque and thriving Horsham Town Centre, Westlake is a warm, friendly and an inviting home, offering first-class 24-hour nursing and residential care in West Sussex. Less than a five minute drive to the nearest rail station, with plenty of local amenities on the doorstep. Westlake is proud of its beautifully maintained and nurtured gardens which both residents and visitors to the home can enjoy all year around.

A dedicated and experienced team are passionate about providing quality care that affords the best possible alternative for those who are no longer able to manage at home. Staff empower residents to regain independence, choice and freedom in their lives in a safe and comfortable setting.

Westlake has en-suite, fully furnished bedrooms which can be personalised, beautiful lounge areas with pretty views as well as elegant dining rooms in a relaxed atmosphere. A team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focus on the individual needs of residents with a bespoke care plan for each person.

Westlake House are delighted to be offering free WIFI to residents and visitors. This allows residents more ways of keeping touch with their loved ones. Bedrooms are also set up with a Sky connection and phone line should you wish to make a private arrangement for this.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Joanna March (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 61 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barchester Westlake House Care Home: click here

8.2 Barchester Westlake House Care Home has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.245)

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Westlake House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Westlake House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.4 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.831 for Barchester Westlake House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (70 Excellents x 5) + (12 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 83 Ratings = 4.831

The 3.414 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Westlake House Care Home is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 12.2 positive Reviews (61 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 12.2 Target = 0.164

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Westlake House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Westlake House Care Home

We always feel when visiting that we are important to the establishment and not as tourist. Every person we have encountered has been friendly and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Westlake House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother, who is in her 80's, had a fall on holiday which rendered her unable to weight bare on one of her legs, meaning she was in need of 24 hour care until her leg improved. Westlake House is a very good care home. The rooms are very pleasant and private, the meals are well cooked and in the right quantities. The nursing staff were all extremely pleasant and very capable. They were sensitive to my Mother's needs and were able to provide the correct level of care. After 2 weeks, she was much stronger and able to go home. I was very pleased with all aspects of the service.

Joanna March, General Manager at Barchester Westlake House Care Home responded to this review on 31 May 2016:

Dear Susan,

It was a pleasure having your mother stay with us and we're glad that she enjoyed her time here. We hope that she continues to fully recover from her fall and is well settled back at home.

With all best wishes from everyone at Westlake House.

Both my husband and myself have been visiting Westlake House for the past seven years. First with mother-in-law and now with father-in-law and can do nothing else but praise all staff. The home is always spotless, the staff are caring, attentive and soooo considerate to residents and family. The food is excellent. We live next to a care home and it could learn a lot from Westlake House. No praise could be too high.

I think this is a wonderful place to live especially since I had my wife here before me. If that is not a good recommendation I don't know what else could be.

I spent 2 weeks convalescing at Westlake after a hip replacement operation. My first impression was of a warm and friendly place, with high standards of care. This proved to be correct in all respects and the care I received was first-rate.
There must be excellent information-sharing procedures since all the many kind and pleasant staff who helped me addressed me by name, knew my needs and were up to date on my progress.
Permanent resident's I spoke to confirmed how well they were treated too. All facilities and services are way above average, but is the people who work there, and the management structure that supports them, that makes Westlake really outstanding.

Very professional, kind staff. My mother's legs from being discharged from hospital have improved beyond belief. The food is wonderful and her appetite is vastly proved. My mother loves the local visiting doctor. My mother was very grateful to the care home for taking her in under difficult circumstances.

When our mum arrived at Westlake for respite care she was very unwell and confused, over the past few months with the help of the caring staff she is back to her normal self. Mum is now moving on to residential care. Thank you and your amazing staff, so going to miss afternoon chat tea and cake with the girls.

Submit a Review for Barchester Westlake House Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Joanna

Joanna March

Joined: 2009

I have worked in a number of homes within Barchester Healthcare and am delighted to be part of the team at Westlake House. I am passionate about providing excellent care for older people and establishing a home where residents feel comfortable, safe and happy. Managing the day to day running of the home, I ensure that residents receive a level of care that suits their individual needs. I love having visitors, so please do pop in for a cup of tea!

Liz

Liz Higson

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 1999

I have been at Westlake House since 1999 and am an experienced trained nurse. I work alongside Joanna and the well established team in supporting the smooth running of the home and overseeing the clinical care provided by the nurses. I am a huge music fan and love live music and going to concerts.

Janet

Janet Ward

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2009

Having been at Westlake House for over 3 years as Administrative Assistant. I am delighted to have progressed into the role of Administrator following my predecessors recent retirement. I remain dedicated and fully involved with the team at Westlake House along with the residents and relatives, working closely with Joanna in the administration and running of the home.

Louisa

Louisa Moyo

Job Title: First Floor Sister

Joined: 2004

I joined Westlake House in 2004 having worked in a number of care homes since 2000. I am responsible for the care of the residents who live on the first floor. I love getting to know the residents and their families and ensuring that they get the best care during their stay at Westlake House.

Violeta

Violeta Olteiu-Chivulescu

Job Title: Ground Floor Sister

Joined: 2011

I am responsible for the care of the residents on the ground floor. I ensure that each resident receives excellent person-centred care and work alongside the team to make sure that thorough and accurate care plans are in place for each individual.

Qualified in 1985, I have 20 years experience in hospitals both in New Zealand and Romania. Most recently, I moved to the UK in 2010 and worked for people with learning disabilities before joining Westlake House in 2011.

Ryan

Ryan McFee

Job Title: Head Chef

I joined in March 2012 as the Second Chef and became the Head Chef in April 2016. I enjoy all aspects of my work from cooking tasty nutritious food to meet the dietary needs to meeting and interacting with the residents. My background is restaurants and pubs and I enjoy all aspects of cookery.

Diane

Diane Mancini

Job Title: Chef

Joined: 2013

I joined the team at Westlake House in 2013 and enjoy making delicious food which is full of flavour for our residents to enjoy. My speciality is cakes where I like to be creative and make them look beautiful. I love to chat to the residents and although I have only recently joined the team, I feel very much part of the home at Westlake House.

Wendy

Wendy Griffiths

Job Title: Head Housekeeper

Joined: 2009

I joined Westlake House in 2009 as a Housekeeping Assistant progressing to Deputy Housekeeper and then Head Housekeeper. I enjoy the role and the responsibility of ensuring that the standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained for the comfort of our residents.

Brian

Brian Avis

Job Title: Head of Maintenance

Joined: 2013

I joined Westlake Care Home in August 2013. My main responsibility is keeping the maintenance and documentation of the home up to Barchester’s high standard code.

I enjoy meeting the visitors to the home and having a chat with the residents. On a day to day basis my role can be very varied from electrical problems to delivering prescriptions and all aspects of maintenance.

Even though I haven't been at Westlake long I already feel a valued part of the team.

I have been an Electrician all my working life. I have worked mainly in Building Services around London and the South East. I was also a Retained Fire-fighter at Horsham Fire Station for 25 years which had another set of challenges!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Westlake House Care Home