Ashlynn Grange, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire

Ashlynn Grange Ashlynn Grange, owned by Athena Care Homes (UK) Ltd, is a care home, registered to cater for nursing, residential, dementia nursing and dementia residential residents.

The home is all ground floor level, and the home has 156 bedrooms all of which have en-suite facilities.

The home is around two miles from Peterborough Town Centre and is situated next to Peterborough City Hospital. It is approached by a drive way once leaving the main road.

Information about fees can be obtained from the home. A copy of the inspection report is available on request from the home or via our website at www.athenacarehomes.co.uk

Group: Athena Care Homes (UK) Ltd

Person in charge: Christina Hartles (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Peterborough City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 156 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian, French, Hindi, Nepali, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Tagalog, Urdu

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ashlynn Grange: click here

posted 05 Dec 2017

Nursing,Residential,Residential Dementia

8.7 Ashlynn Grange has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.709)

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Ashlynn Grange is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ashlynn Grange in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.453 for Ashlynn Grange is calculated as follows: ( (50 Excellents x 5) + (54 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 106 Ratings = 4.453

The 4.256 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ashlynn Grange is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 31.2 positive Reviews (156 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 31.2 Target = 0.256

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ashlynn Grange?

Reviewer Connection to Ashlynn Grange

From the moment my mother entered Ashlynn Grange, she was made to feel special. Words can not say how grateful as a family we were for the care she was given. Not only were her physical needs taken care of but you showed her compassion, empathy and love.

The staff went above and beyond in their care not only for her but for her family as well. They did everything possible to ensure her time there was both as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, nothing was ever too much trouble. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashlynn Grange? Extremely Likely

Toby Swallow, Sales & Marketing Manager at Ashlynn Grange responded to this review on 06 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review.

All members of staff do a very difficult job very well. My wife is always kept clean and most of the time is happy. When she is not happy, which is not very often, I realise that it is because of her dementia and not the care that she is given. I cannot speak too highly of the staff and the attention she is given.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashlynn Grange? Extremely Likely

Toby Swallow, Sales & Marketing Manager at Ashlynn Grange responded to this review on 30 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your kind review.

I am quite satisfied with the care afforded to my mother. The staff, in particular, do an excellent job despite being understaffed.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashlynn Grange? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your kind review of Ashlynn Grange. We are fully staffed, however, do appreciate that perception of staffing at certain times may appear slightly different. If you have any concerns, do please speak with the Home Manager who would be happy to discuss this with you.

I am very pleased how my wife's looked after with all the carers in the Harvesters Unit, she always looks nice and clean and well dressed. In my mind, I think they all do a very good job and work hard in what they do in this very demanding unit. The activity coordinator in Harvesters does a good job and works hard and makes time to sit and talk to the residents and pamper them which they all like. During the day they also like joining in with the activities. I say well done to them and credit to them all they deserve it.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashlynn Grange? Likely

In the few weeks my mother stayed in Harvester House, I could not fault the staff. Nothing was too much, they were always friendly, polite and helpful. Rooms were always kept clean and tidy at all times (no bad smells like some places).
My mind was put to rest knowing my mother was well looked after and cared for. I still can't believe how much she could eat compared to before she went there. A big thank you to all of the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashlynn Grange? Extremely Likely

My Mother has been in Ashlynn Grange before it was taken over by Athena however since being owned by Athena the CQC result is GOOD and improved the staff on mum's unit they are very caring and loving they treat her with respect and nothing is too much trouble. They have become like part of the family which I am so happy about It means I have no worries about mum living in the home.

It is not just mum's unit but staff on all the units are great and the same even the domestic and ancillary staff are the same treating all residents with respect , I feel so at home every day when I come to my mum the grounds are well kept by the gardener the owners are so easy to get hold of to talk to though to the managers nothing is to much trouble.

If I had to give it a mark out of 100 it would be 99,9 I would say to anyone come have a look round and see for yourself, talk to some of the residents and family members also staff you won't be stopped doing this by the management they would be happy to as they did me.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashlynn Grange? Extremely Likely

My friend became a resident after a stroke. He has received excellent support. Staff listen to us, his friends and have arranged speech therapy and physiotherapy at our request.
All staff are friendly and give us good feedback on our friend's progress - which is amazing. Our friend is happy in this care home and says so.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashlynn Grange? Extremely Likely

I should like to thank all the staff at Ashlynn Grange for their care for my mother over the last three years.
Everyone was most professional, kind and caring. My mother's dementia improved markedly because of this care, and I should like to record my thanks and appreciation to all who looked after her.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashlynn Grange? Extremely Likely

Staff that go way beyond what i would have hoped for. I have had a great deal of contact with residential homes in my professional capacity is it was great reluctance and trepidation i 'sent' my mother into a home. I live some distance away, every time I leave mum i feel confident and reassured she is being looked after as if she was one of the staff's family members. The unit manager and deputy are to be particularly congratulated. My mother would have died if not for them!

Submit a Review for Ashlynn Grange

November 2017

Ancillary Person of the Year 2017

Recipient: Ashlynn Grange

Date: Thursday 09 Nov 2017

Christina Hartles

Joined: 2017

I am Christina Hartles, General Manager of Ashlynn Grange and recently join Athena Family.
I have been a Registered Manager for more than 10 years, including 20 years of experience as a Registered General Nurse in hospital and different care settings which include elderly care, dementia care, end of life care and physical disabilities.

I am married and have a lovely dog name Meka specially when he wags his tail. As Fredman said:” Money can buy you a fine dog, but love can make him wag his tail”. I also enjoy and love supporting local charity groups in which this year I raised money for Garden House Hospice by doing a starlight Walk.

I am passionate about enhancing the lives of our residents by putting their health and happiness at the heart of everything we do. Making sure that we have the best skills and qualities from our staff by training, supporting, developing and motivating our staff in achieving their potential. We all work together as a TEAM at Ashlynn Grange.

My vision for Ashlynn Grange is to be the best care home offering elderly care and dementia Care in Peterborough by putting quality, care, support and hospitality first in everything we do for our residents.

We always welcome visitors for a chat to Ashlynn Grange. Please free to pop in for a tea or coffee, give us a ring or drop us an email.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ashlynn Grange