Brooklyn House Nursing Home, Attleborough, Norfolk

Brooklyn House Nursing Home has a secluded location, where older people with care needs can make the most of purpose-built accommodation while having good access to local amenities.

Homely comforts combine with modern facilities to achieve high client satisfaction, with the home having benefitted from significant investment in order to make the most of its potential.

The full range of nursing care support includes trial stays, respite breaks and convalescent care as well as long term care. There is an open visiting policy and residents can personalise their own rooms.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Kathryn Abbs (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 38 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Brooklyn House Nursing Home: click here

posted 08 Jan 2018

Please call 0808 223 5412 or email enquiries@caringhomes.org for further information on the current Bed Vacancies at Brooklyn House.

8.3 Brooklyn House Nursing Home has a Review Score of 8.3 (8.330)

The Review Score of 8.3 (maximum of 10) for Brooklyn House Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Brooklyn House Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.5 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.817 for Brooklyn House Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (68 Excellents x 5) + (13 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 82 Ratings = 4.817

The 3.513 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Brooklyn House Nursing Home is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 7.6 positive Reviews (38 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 7.6 Target = 0.263

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Brooklyn House Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Brooklyn House Nursing Home

My experience of the care and dedication the staff have given my husband since arriving at Brooklyn House has been second to none. All the staff are so friendly and helpful nothing is too much trouble. They look after us, the family as well as looking after our loved ones. My husband is in bed most of the time now but the staff wash, dress and shave him every day without fail, allowing him some dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklyn House Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Care - superb, medical and non-medical. Every consideration to patients. Polite at all times even offering a cup of tea/coffee was most welcome. The home is superb, not over clinical but welcoming and homely atmosphere. I could not praise this home enough, honestly and I promise I do not give praise lightly but this home is the best I have ever been into and believe me at the age of 72 I have had to visit many over the years.

It's never easy to make the decision to move a loved one into nursing care. You have to trust that they will be cared for as well as nursed. Brooklyn House Nursing Home has provided a safe, caring and very welcoming home for our beloved father. The family have complete confidence in their nursing skills, their professionalism and the care they offer. Father is treated with dignity and respect. We could nit have placed him in better hands when we were no longer able to look after him ourselves.

Friendly helpful staff - carers and domestics. Respectful. Listen to any concerns. Always feel welcome when visiting. Overall a happy environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklyn House Nursing Home? Likely

Assistant manager visited to do a very professional assessment. Resident knew a few of the staff which was very helpful. The hygiene is excellent. Risk assessment are the best I have seen. All the staff are kind, caring, professional and I wouldn't let my relative stay anywhere else. Being a manager in the care industry I have very high standards and this home is one of the best. I am sure with their continuing hard and good work they should easily get excellent on all points of the CQC inspection. This feels like a 5 star hotel but with a homely atmosphere. The room was moved around to the needs of my relative and with someone with many complex needs, they soon followed the care plan. This allowed me to now relax for a much needed break. I wish I could see more people in the care industry with standards as high as Brooklyn House has. This would make a huge difference in the industry and many could take a leaf out of their book. A huge thank you!

All the staff are professional, kind and caring. Wonderful, friendly attitude at all times, cannot be faulted in any way, with great respect to their residents.

My mother is suffering from PSP. In the time she's been at Brooklyn House she has had the very best of attention and care. Nothing is any trouble for the staff in meeting the needs of residents. Her personal hygiene and appearance were always of the most importance to my mum and now when it is so difficult for her to talk, the staff know her well enough and she always appears clean and smart. As she would be herself. I cant speak highly enough of every member of staff at Brooklyn. They do what I can't, but above all they really respect and care for my mum when I'm not there. I know I can contact them day or night and that gives me reassurance too. They quite simply are outstanding and I feel blessed I found this home so close to mine.

Submit a Review for Brooklyn House Nursing Home

Kathryn

Kathryn Abbs

Joined: 2015

I started my career on an acute Oncology and Haematology ward after qualifying as a Staff Nurse, and have since worked in both the public and private sectors. I have experience working in astroenterology, nurse consultancy, elderly care and continuing healthcare.

Before becoming the Manager at Brooklyn House, I had previously worked as a Nurse here. I always felt the home had a warm and welcoming atmosphere, with an excellent quality of care. Whilst working here I got to know and understand the Caring Homes approach to care and have fully embraced it ever since. As soon as an opportunity presented itself for me to return, I did so, starting as the Deputy Manager before being promoted to Home Manager.

Becoming the Home Manager at Brooklyn House is my biggest achievement so far, my goal is to take the home from “Good” to “Outstanding” with regards to our CQC rating and hopefully becoming one of the first homes in Norfolk to achieve this.

I enjoy the relationships I have built up with residents, relatives and my Care Team, knowing that we have made a positive difference to our resident’s lives. I love to sit with residents and relatives, learn about who they are and about their lives before coming to us. I always try to learn about their families, their jobs, their hobbies and interests – about what’s important to them.

Born and raised in Norfolk, I now live in Dereham – which is about 13 miles from Attleborough – so I know the local area very well. I enjoy horse riding, arts and crafts activities, as well as cake design and creation – which our residents all enjoy as well.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Brooklyn House Nursing Home