Brandon Park

Brandon Country Park, Bury Road, Brandon IP27 0SU

Brandon Park is a luxury residential and nursing home that provides short and long-term care, offering nursing, palliative, convalescence and respite care.

The home has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment and now boasts a stunning drawing room, a beautifully finished dining room, a specialist activities room, a private study, a quiet lounge, a beauty salon and a grand entrance hall. Each bedroom offers en-suite facilities and is finished to a high standard, although occupants are encouraged to personalise their own bedrooms.

Nutritionally balanced and fully cooked meals are enjoyed by residents every day, with coffee mornings and afternoon teas both popular events, and homemade cakes and biscuits always available.

Local entertainers often visit, and a range of engaging activities are organised for mental and physical stimulation. The pursuit of personal hobbies and interests is encouraged.

Group: Stow Healthcare Group

Person in charge: Sam Gallagher (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 55 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £895 – £1295 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Brandon Park to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

The home is open to visitors 24 hours a day.

Free, onsite parking is available at all time.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Brandon Park: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Brandon Park is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 29 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Brandon Park in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.786 for Brandon Park is calculated as follows: ( (279 Excellents x 5) + (58 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 345 Ratings = 4.786

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Brandon Park is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11 positive Reviews (55 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 11 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Brandon Park has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.786) from 29 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Brandon Park?

Reviewer Connection to Brandon Park

4 months ago my son was moved to Brandon Park Nursing Home on palliative care and we were told he would not survive. Since then, the staff at the home have nursed him back to life. He has now been transferred to a rehabilitation hospital for treatment that will give him back a good quality of life. Brandon Park Nursing Home have given us back our son and we cannot praise them enough. They will always have a special place in our hearts.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

Yesterday I wrote a 1000 words about the simply amazing qualities of Brandon, from the grounds to the building, to the management, to all the staff.

This is all I could fit here:

The house is stunning and set in beautiful secluded woodland. All the staff are immensely professional, sociable, understanding, compassionate, a joy to be around, and importantly safe and trustworthy to leave your mum with. All staff, now know mum by name, treat her with respect, dignity and to mum, feel like friends. I would say that the staff go the extra mile every day to ensure mum is looked after the best she can be, ensuring that not only care is of the utmost importance but wellbeing, a high level of fun, enjoyment and happiness. On the flipside, they display an amazing level of patience with what we have seen to be a sometimes extremely frustrating condition - for that they deserve a medal!

Hopefully, all the great folk at Brandon will know who they are if they read this.

Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

My mother, who died October 2017, was a resident at Brandon Park for nearly three years.
Throughout this time she was given sensitive and superb care by all the staff.
Towards the end of her life, this was particularly evident.
The family were updated and consulted at all times. We could not be more grateful to all the staff and to the manager in particular.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

Mum had a wonderfully happy stay at Brandon Park Nursing Home.
The house is beautiful, the staff are very friendly and caring. Mum's health and state of mind were vastly improved.
We only moved her because of our travelling distance but would send her back if her care needs required it.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

This is the finest care establishment I have come across. The management is excellent and patient first in all fields and look into any matters personally and is a one-off.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

My 98-year-old mother was a resident for the last few months of her life. During this time she was very well looked after by what was clearly a highly dedicated nursing and care team led by a first-class manager. I was particularly impressed by the maturity and level of commitment shown by some of the younger carers. Even on Christmas day, a full staff presence was evident and it was abundantly clear that all were doing everything possible to make the occasion memorable for those residents unable to spend all of the festive seasons with their families. At Brandon Park, the carers really do care.

Quite simply Brilliant!

My beautiful Mum had Alzheimer's for several years and was at home for most of her illness. However, late 2017 Mum suffered a TIA, her health needs changed drastically and we had no option but to search for a suitable care home. Fortunately, we were lucky enough to be offered a room for her at Brandon Park.

I can honestly say that at no point during the last few weeks of my Mum's life did I or my Dad ever worry about the care she was receiving. She was always clean and comfortable. It was so comforting to know that we could go and spend quality time with Mum whilst experienced and professional carers looked after her. We often spoke of how we would not have been able to offer her the same care at home even with help from carers during the last stage of her life.

All the carers treated my Mum with the utmost respect and dedicated much of their time to try to encourage her to eat and drink.

The Manager and her team do a magnificent job and they did my Mum proud!

Ruth French, Director at Brandon Park responded to this review on 31 Jan 2018:

What wonderful words - thank you so much for the recognition you have given to the management team and staff, everyone will be thrilled! It was a pleasure to have your mum in our care.

My brother in law is very well looked after and improved in his appearance and health since being a resident in May 2017. Previous carers (private ones) did not look after him and his health deteriorated considerably. He has settled in OK and all his needs catered for, which is a great burden taken off us.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

Both of my parents have been resident at Brandon Park for five years. All the staff treat them with professional care and respect and in a friendly manner. I have always found my visits there reassuring as the home is very welcoming and clean. The staff are always on hand to answer questions and their residents well. It is a warm and happy place and the staff make the residents feel special and make it homely.

Ruth French, Director at Brandon Park responded to this review on 03 Jan 2018:

Thank you so much for such warm and lovely words about our home!

Overall, very high standard of care - not only physical and medical but in the true sense of the word. Brandon Park staff cared for my mother when she was at her weakest and most distressed. She was treated with understanding, sympathy and respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident since February 2017 and recently my father has become a resident. The support I myself have had from the managerial staff with getting my dad settled and back with my mum after such a long time apart has been second to none.
With recent events of my mum having to go in hospital and being discharged too early and having to return on several occasions (causing unnecessary stress) I have had the support again and been kept up to date and informed very well.
From seeing myself the way my mum was greeted back after a stay in hospital recently, it was just so overwhelming and to hear my mum say she was glad to be home.

I cannot thank and praise at Brandon Park enough. They go over and beyond to help in any way possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

From the very first day Dad was admitted, I had no worries about the way he was cared for. I had 100% trust in the care team. It was my choice he should be admitted, as working in the community sector had given me a previous of this place.

All the staff are lovely, happy, caring people. Sadly I was not present when Dad passed away, but he didn't pass away on his own. To that person, I am very grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

I found the house to be very efficient. The staff were excellent. The facilities very good and the care excellent. The food was like 'home cooking' and very enjoyable. I was made very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

My sister had been at Brandon Park for approx 2 1/2 years, we were happy for her to be there as she was treated as a person and given so much tender care, I cannot praise staff enough and at times it must have been very hard for them. Also, the management were always at hand to give advice and help. Apart from looking after my sister they were always there to help and assist us, we really felt part of a family. We will continue to support Brandon Park as best we can.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

My dad was there for 2 years and in that time was loved and cared for by the staff! He felt very at home and loved a joke with the staff... If I had any concerns they were dealt with promptly and with love for my dad.... Thank you for looking after him.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

I found the care home was very good, especially as mum was an amputee having lost her right leg and also suffering from dementia, although I think people there with dementia need a bit more time and attention, especially at meal times, they need to be shown a bit more patience and time. I know it can be difficult with staff shortages. One carer, in particular, was excellent, she's been there a long while and is a credit to the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

Very happy with everything overall.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

We knew from the moment we walked in she had come home. We knew that from that moment the care she received was second to none, we knew that Brandon Park Nursing Home surpassed all of the other care homes in the Eastern area. Brandon Park Nursing Home, the jewel in Brandon. She loved you for 13 days and so did we. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

I have two family members in residence at Brandon Park.
The experience of care that both have received has been second to none.
We all celebrate Christmas and birthdays together with a party at the home and feel extremely welcome.
Having searched for homes in the Cambridgeshire region for another member of my family, I have found nothing remotely comparable.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

My elderly mother in law (96) was transferred by ambulance from Truro in Cornwall. The journey was well managed although the 6-hour travelling was quite a strain on Mum.

When we arrived at Brandon everything was prepared for her, all staff were friendly and attentive without being overpowering or intrusive.
Mum was welcomed and settled into her lovely bright and airy room. The Manager had enabled us to personalise the room with pictures and other personal items in preparation for her arrival.

We visit daily and on each occasion, staff are very welcoming, they are always helpful and informative.

We were particularly impressed by the assistance and advise that we were given by the Manager prior to Mums move, she was supportive to all involved and exceptionally organised.
Mum is now settled in her new home and each member of staff is friendly and caring.
A big thank you to everyone at Brandon Park.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

My Mum was cared for at Brandon Park for just over a month. I will always be grateful for the way the staff at the home took care of my Mum. I was touched by the way the staff interacted with my Mum, they took the trouble to get to know her as a person even though she had advanced dementia. The carers were able to make my Mum smile and that was so nice to see. The nursing team at the home seemed a strong team and that gave me confidence that she would be well cared for at the end. In the end, she passed away quickly but I had really good support and dialogue with the nurses during her last hours. Mum had been taken ill suddenly and transferred from hospital to Brandon Park. The manager and deputy manager helped me to adjust to what had happened to Mum and they supported me as her condition changed. Because I was confident that Mum was receiving good care and treatment I was able to spend quality time with my Mum in her last weeks. Brandon Park enabled me to do this.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

I viewed this care home for my mum. She was being discharged from hospital needing palliative care due to bone and lung cancer. From the moment I walked through the doors, the atmosphere was very warm and welcoming and knew she would be happy. Mum moved there on 6/10/16, until 17/11/16 when she sadly passed away. It was a tough first week, with mum previously having her own independence, she had to adjust. All staff were very patient and caring at all times. There is a good relationship between the home and local doctors surgery. The carers are always checking to see if you need anything. The home has plenty of activities during the day going on. Food was very nice and they would cook anything the resident may want, if not on the day's menu. Management and nurses were lovely, so caring, and always there to talk too. The only issue we found, was mobile phone signal was awful. The home would benefit from a hotel like situation, landlines in all rooms,with a charge for outgoing calls.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

Mum moved into Brandon Park late May on recommendation from hospital for palliative care. We found the home to have a really good, warm, friendly and homely atmosphere. We had only positive feelings about the home, comforted in knowing that mum was in the best place and would be so well cared for and that she would be treated with dignity.
Mum's last 3 weeks were made very comfortable by the fabulous team at Brandon Park from the management and all their brilliant team.
Thank you to everyone there for all your care and help and understanding to our family.
We would definitely recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

Brandon Park is a lovely care home in a wonderful setting, the rooms are lovely and the facilities are great. There is a good level of activities for the residents, even those who are bed bound.

The registered Nurses and carers do a great job. They were always cheerful and helpful, they used to make my Aunt smile, which is something she hadn’t done for a while. They surely made her last few weeks of life happier.

The food is of a good quality and freshly made on site. There is a lot of choice, the staff are always trying to find something to tempt her even if it's not on the menu.

My Aunts condition deteriorated gradually, then a sudden deterioration on a Saturday morning, this was handled well with drugs to settle her, the GP was contacted to start a syringe pump to keep her comfortable and this was also achieved.

I have a lot of praise for the home and would recommend it without reservation.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

We visited several homes before my father chose Brandon Park. He felt at home right away and the warm welcome from the general manager and staff was second to none, my father, not a naturally sociable man, settled in immediately. He has a lovely en-suite room and the staffs care and concern for their residents is clear to see. All receive the best possible care with the utmost respect and courtesy. We would unreservedly recommend Brandon Park to anyone looking for an excellent caring home for a loved one. My fathers doesn't wish to live anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

The staff are all very pleasant and helpful. Nothing is too much too much trouble for them. Bring vegetarian limits my choice of food but the chef has made recent changes to the menus which has given me and other vegetarians more variety. The standard of cleanliness is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Likely

What a wonderful place. Staff are excellent nothing is too much trouble. Residents care is as it should be 100%. It's clean and my husband is always clean and tidy which is what he is used to, he is being kept as he likes to be and to me, that is perfect!. I cannot fault anything. Everything is as it should be. I am always asked if anything is needed for him. I have nothing but praise for the care home. I would recommend it to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

My aunt was suffering from cancer and had remained in her own home, with support until 3 weeks before she died. Due to a fall she was taken into hospital where her condition was naturally and rapidly deteriorating. She strongly refused all treatment and medical intervention in hospital and it was both her wish and mine that she spend the last few days of her life at Brandon Park Nursing home. I approached Brandon Park with the hope that they would take her albeit I knew for a very short time. Regarding the home Manager, I have to say that on first meeting and also subsequent times, she filled me with confidence. She immediately visited my aunt in hospital to assess whether the care home could meet her needs, she understood both mine and my aunts wishes and helped in every way she could in a speedy transition from hospital to the nursing home. The staff and nurses at the home treat residents with respect, there is a friendly atmosphere and there appears to be varied activities available for those who wish to partake. The rooms are homely, modern and spotlessly clean and the home is in a beautiful country park setting. Obviously our experience at Brandon Park was very short, but it was a positive one in most respects. Thank you for your empathy at a difficult time for us, it was greatly appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Brandon Park? Extremely Likely

This is completed with my mums feed back as well. Activities are excellent (5days) but scored good as nothing at weekends. More access to outside space would be good, but I think this is being worked on. Mum loves being here.

Submit a Review for Brandon Park

posted 08 May 2018

Newly refurbished single and companion rooms available with en-suite facilities.

January 2017

November 2016

2017 National Care Awards Winner

Recipient: Brandon Park

Date: Friday 25 Nov 2016

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Brandon Park