Druid Stoke Care Home

31 Druid Stoke Avenue, Stoke Bishop, Bristol BS9 1DE

Druid Stoke Care Home, Bristol, Bristol

Druid Stoke offers an extensive range of care, making the most of a modern facility and the experience of trained professionals to carry out nursing and residential care, convalescence, palliative and respite provision as well as care for those living with Huntington's.

Alongside professional care, the accommodation has been designed to offer a good lifestyle, tastefully furnished with bright decor. Many of the bedrooms offer en-suite facilities and all have a 24-hour call system in place.

A traditional dining room is ideal for mealtimes, with special diets and tastes accounted for in the home’s menu. The home celebrates special occasions like birthdays with personalised birthday cake.

Local entertainers regularly visit and there is an activities room where residents can continue the interests and hobbies that interest them.

Person in charge: Richard Hier (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bristol City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Druid Stoke Care Home: click here

8.7 Druid Stoke Care Home has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.663)

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Druid Stoke Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Druid Stoke Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.163 for Druid Stoke Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (42 Excellents x 5) + (40 Goods x 4) + (19 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 104 Ratings = 4.163

The 4.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Druid Stoke Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.500

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Druid Stoke Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Druid Stoke Care Home

• Respite Resident/Service User

I have spent 1 week here at the nursing home after major surgery. I am so glad that I decided to make this decision as I realise now I would not have been able to manage on my own straight from the hospital.
I would recommend to anyone in my position to do the same. My room and all-round care has been excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Druid Stoke Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Druid Stoke Care Home responded to this review on 23 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your review and kind words. I hope that you are making a good recovery after your surgery and hope that you will come and stay with us again for some respite care.

My wife lived at Druid Stoke after leaving the hospice.
The dignified considerate care she received from all the staff was truly exceptional throughout her life, continuing after she died.
In addition, the concern paid to me made me feel that the staff genuinely enjoyed assisting us during this awful period in our family life.
My wife was only in her 50's.
A tragic event made as bearable as possible by the great care we all received.

How likely would you be to recommend Druid Stoke Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Druid Stoke Care Home responded to this review on 18 Oct 2017:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear how well cared for your wife was in our care and the support that you had also. I hope that in time to come this gives you comfort.

Staff helpful and very kind.

Relaxing place.

Good food.

They make you feel like this is your home.

How likely would you be to recommend Druid Stoke Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Druid Stoke Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you were made to feel at home and the positive experience of the staff, we appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mother has been a resident at Druid Stoke Care Home for nearly 3 months. We have found the care and support of all the staff to be exemplary and nothing is too much trouble etc. The remit of this 'early' recommendation is today 26th March is mothering Sunday and we had lunch with mum today. The food, service and attention to detail was excellent. If you had the food in a restaurant you would have been delighted. Thank you, chef and staff, at Druid Stoke Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Druid Stoke Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jamie Barrett, National Development Manager at Druid Stoke Care Home responded to this review on 31 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

I was having respite care between a 'TURP' (Transurethral resection of the prostate) and home where I live on my own. In some instances, the left hand did not always know what the right hand was doling. All the staff have been helpful in their own way but intercommunication could be improved. As my room was remote from the kitchen, on occasion, the food was chilly. The call button was answered promptly but the night help sometimes took time. My stay formed a good bridge between hospital and home. Communication outside was either by one's mobile or 'home' cordless phone - OK but not 100% - as no phone in the room.

How likely would you be to recommend Druid Stoke Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Druid Stoke Care Home responded to this review on 17 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the home manager so they can be made aware of what improvements can be made. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

A comfortably furnished room, but the bed mattress was too hard. I asked for this to be changed but it did not happen.
After 10 pm, television was played in the next room. I did ask for this to be turned down, which it was.
The care staff were very efficient and punctual at 10 pm for evening drinks and application of creams to my back.
My breakfast was served at the requested time and nicely presented.

How likely would you be to recommend Druid Stoke Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you are receiving the care that you require. I will pass on your comments to the home manager so they are aware of improvements that can be made. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The staff seem to be very kind to my mother and usually are careful to ensure that she has heard and understood what they say to her. The home is always clean and tidy.

My mother has been living in the home full-time since August 2016. The room she lives in is very shabby and badly needs redecorating. Due to staff shortages, this is taking a considerable length of time to happen. I don't believe this is acceptable.

My mother does not enjoy the food. Although her food tastes are not easily pleased, I do believe greater effort could be put into discussing what she likes to eat.

There have been ongoing problems with the timely administration of medication. Inconsistencies have led to considerable anxiety for my mother. Sometimes there have been legitimate reasons for delays but generally, it appears that there is insufficient staff trained and authorised to administer medication. This situation needs to be rectified.

I would like external activities organised.

How likely would you be to recommend Druid Stoke Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Food & Drink: Poor

Rooms: Poor

Jayne Duck, Customer servicies administrator at Druid Stoke Care Home responded to this review on 09 Feb 2017:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service

Food rather bland and not much variety. The staff are very helpful and kind. Expensive but good care and quality. Activities are good and a good variety for everyone. My mother is very well settled here and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Druid Stoke Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Druid Stoke Care Home responded to this review on 25 Nov 2016:

I went for 11 days respite and was pleasantly surprised by how it was. I was very worried about going to a care home beforehand. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was excellent.
I hope to continue visiting to enjoy the activity afternoons.

How likely would you be to recommend Druid Stoke Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Druid Stoke Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

Submit a Review for Druid Stoke Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Druid Stoke Care Home