Granville Lodge

West Town Road, Shirehampton, Bristol BS11 9NJ

Owner: The Granville Care Home Ltd

Person in charge: Radeem Seehootootah (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bristol City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 81 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Granville Lodge: click here

6.6 Granville Lodge has a Review Score of 6.6 (6.577)

The Review Score of 6.6 (maximum of 10) for Granville Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.3 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Granville Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 2.2 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 2 years. (A 2 year period has been used as there were no positive reviews in the last 12 months)

The Average Rating of 4.33 for Granville Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (54 Excellents x 5) + (36 Goods x 4) + (13 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 106 Ratings = 4.33

The 2.247 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Granville Lodge is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 4 then divided by 2 = 2.000

2. Target of 16.2 positive Reviews (81 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 16.2 Target = 0.494 , then divided by 2 = 0.247

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Granville Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Granville Lodge

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

I started visiting Kingsmead 4 years ago, it was very different then, more staff and a very good manager, when he left it went downhill. I don't think it's value for money. The staff do their best and they are a lovely bunch, but the home needs a good shake up and more staff who are properly trained.
Speaking of my relative several times I've gone in to find him unshaven, hair not combed and his table not wiped after his breakfast. I asked the maintenance man to replace a piece of dado rail on his wall a fortnight ago, it still hasn't been done. There is also a need of a visitors toilet, I've never seen one yet.

How likely would you be to recommend Granville Lodge? Unlikely

Care / Support: Poor

Rooms: Poor

Value for Money: Poor

Staff are very friendly and approachable and know what is happening with my grandmother, although a few think she is my mother (who lives in Australia hence I am next of kin). The staff are very good at contacting me when there is an issue or problem. The only time this did not happen was October 2015, when a social worker notified me that the home had given notice to leave to my grandmother but no one from the home informed me of this decision, however the home decided they could continue to meet my nan's needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Granville Lodge? Extremely Likely

With the care and nursing staff currently in place, they do look after my dad, when I have to take him out they give him a bath and dress him nicely. The home is having regular activities for the residents which is very good, it's just unfortunate that my dad is not well enough to enjoy it at the moment. I had hoped the food at Kingsmead Lodge would have been better as I always have to take food in for my dad, which is extra work for me, otherwise I am happy with the care my dad is receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Granville Lodge? Likely

Since the new manager has been employed the home has improved, they care for my mother excellently and inform me of everything - in the past I had trouble getting information out of them. They look at my mum's needs as an individual and she now has a lovely newly decorated room. Prior to the manager arriving I had a number of issues which they have addressed. As a retired nurse I have very high standards and expect my mother to have the best care. She now receives this from her clothes right to her other care needs. I am happy for her to be here, before I was very unhappy.

How likely would you be to recommend Granville Lodge? Likely

All the staff at Kingsmead Lodge are very polite hard working, very helpful, but sometimes they are under staffed and are unable to keep up with their good standards as there is not enough of them. I would like to point out that my dad should have his false teeth put into soak every night, but this is not done.

How likely would you be to recommend Granville Lodge? Likely

Karolina Bialecka-Sokol, Home Manager at Granville Lodge responded to this review on 10 Mar 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review Kingsmead Lodge Care Home - we appreciate all comments and feedback. I notice from your comments that you have a couple of concerns so I will investigate these and will discuss my findings with you privately. I will be in touch. Best wishes, Karolina Bialecka-Sokol, Home Manager.

Every time I visit my mother she always says how nice the staff are and how happy she is now. I am happy that she is eating well and seems very relaxed. I can't fault the staff in any way.

How likely would you be to recommend Granville Lodge? Extremely Likely

Overall standard of living and caring is very good here. It's all kept very clean. There are a good range of activities for all to enjoy. The food is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Granville Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have seen a remarkable difference in the home, manager and staff very friendly and the staff seem very caring. I sometimes feel the residents could do a bit more singing but on the whole getting a very good home.

How likely would you be to recommend Granville Lodge? Extremely Likely

Firstly i would like to say how friendly, supportive and very hard working the staff are here at Kingsmead Lodge. My mother has dementia and all the staff have been fantastic to her and they all put a lovely smile upon my mothers face. The staff are very understanding in our mothers needs. Secondly it can be heart breaking seeing all the residents with dementia and you get so attached with them all. We had some funny moments with the residents and carers with parties, birthdays, Christmas and it's nice to see these poor residents with a lovely smile :) whilst suffering with this awful disease.

Submit a Review for Granville Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Granville Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Granville Lodge