Aspen Court Care Home

Hope Corner Lane, Taunton TA2 7PB

Aspen Court is a purpose built 2 storey home located on the northern edge of the county town of Taunton. Accommodation is offered in 42 en-suite rooms that are light and spacious. New residents soon feel at home, safe and comfortable in this popular home which provides high quality care in a first class environment. Aspen Court is registered to provide nursing care to 42 residents with dementia. 24 hour care is provided by the care team and registered nurses. The home provides a progressive programme for elderly people living with confusional conditions. Carers support the existing capabilities of people with dementia by firmly placing the person before the illness. A dedicated activities co-ordinator provides a programme of meaningful activities for people living with dementia. Activities are built into all areas of life in the home. Life history and reminiscence work help to stimulate residents, so improving their self-esteem and sense of well-being.

Group: Notaro Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Kim Leech (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Somerset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 42 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: 50 years & over. Ages 50+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Afrikaans, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

There is a private car park on site

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Aspen Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Aspen Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 22 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Aspen Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.754 for Aspen Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (201 Excellents x 5) + (54 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 260 Ratings = 4.754

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Aspen Court Care Home is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.4 positive Reviews (42 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 8.4 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Aspen Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.754) from 22 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Aspen Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Aspen Court Care Home

• Father of Resident/Service User

My stepfather spent the final year of this year at Aspen Court after his previous care home closed. The standard of care given to him during this time was excellent and made us realise what he had been missing in his previous facility.
All the staff we met were extremely helpful and pleasant and we were kept informed by phone when unable to visit in person. Two members of staff very kindly attended the funeral, which was appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care at Aspen Court has been of the highest quality. My son has had wonderful care for three years. We recommend the nursing staff and carers for all they have done for him. We found his wheelchair a godsend. Without it, he would have been bedridden. A big thank you to you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Dad was only in here for a few days before being transferred to hospital. If you want the best of the best, this is the place to go. Every staff member was friendly to us, bringing us chairs and tea and biscuits. They're amazing with the residents, and so many told me that they loved their job.
The management are always accessible whatever time you visit. When you ring, someone always knows the latest information for you. They take great care to ensure residents do not just end up sitting in their rooms and encourage them to go to the dining room and lounge areas.
There are lots of opportunities for activities and trips out, which will be tailored to your taste. Food is excellent and the whole place is spotless with cleaners constantly working. The staff really do care, they are highly compassionate and attentive to residents and family. We will never forget the kindness shown to us all, and as I say this is the only place we want Dad to come back to because it just feels so right.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, Public Relations Manager at Aspen Court Care Home responded to this review on 12 Feb 2018:

On behalf of Notaro Care Homes, may I thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Aspen Court. Each member of staff works tremendously hard for each and every resident and it's so touching to hear your wonderful experience whilst your father was living with us. I will be sure to share your words with each and every person involved within Aspen Court and the Notaro Family. Thank you.

My husband's care at this nursing home was excellent.
I was kept informed of any changes/needs my husband required.
The staff supported me as well as my husband - they were caring and helpful when my husband died. The help, care and support I and my family received was excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, Public Relations Manager at Aspen Court Care Home responded to this review on 29 Jan 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Aspen Court and the staff that work within the home. I will be sure to share your comments to all involved in caring and supporting your husband. It is vitally important for us to hear what out relatives think, as it helps us to monitor the effectiveness of our provisions. Once again thank you and best wishes.

Myself and family would like to thank all the staff at Aspen Court. My father was sadly only there for a very short time and he loved it. The care was outstanding. Dad was treated with the utmost kindness and respect both before and after his death. The home was beautifully clean and welcoming at all times. Food freshly prepared and delicious. Room warm and staff friendly and accessible.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, Public Relations Manager at Aspen Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 Jan 2018:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of Aspen Court. I will be sure to share it with the hard-working staff across the home.

We feel that everyone treated my mother so nicely from the cleaners to her fabulous nursing staff. Nothing was too much trouble.

We always felt she received excellent care and everything was done to make her last few days as pleasant as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, Public Relations Manager at Aspen Court Care Home responded to this review on 11 Dec 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Aspen Court. I will be sure to share it with the staff at Aspen. Best wishes.

My mum has recently passed. The care and understanding that was shown to me and my family was exceptional. Mum was treated with dignity and care. Over the 2 and 1/2 years she was at Aspen Court, the care that she received was excellent and the staff were always kind and courteous and they took as much care of us when visiting as they did of Mum and the other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father has just died, having spent his last few months in Aspen Court Nursing Home. He could not have been in a better place. Unlike so many, this home is well run by a very caring team of experienced people. I cannot commend them highly enough! They made his last days bearable and understandable. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

For the 2 and a half years my wife was at Aspen Court, she, and we her family, were treated with respect and kindness.
The staff at all levels were polite and courteous at all times.
I (we) could not have asked for more.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

A lovely home and the staff are very good.
I was upset to see my brother in the day room, sat in a chair in pain and I did speak to one of the carers. Also, a resident shouting when my brother was not well and in his last days.
But I could not fault it.
Also the service with tea and coffee and a biscuit.
They kept us informed what was going on.
The staff and management were there at all times for us.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Likely

Very satisfied

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, Public Relations Manager at Aspen Court Care Home responded to this review on 19 Jul 2017:

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review about Aspen Court.

On November 4th, my father was admitted to hospital, diagnosed with Rapid Dementia. They needed to put him somewhere before Christmas. I did not see the care home as the date they moved him I was on holiday. I had seen several prior but was not impressed. On my return, although I had kept in touch with the care home on the internet, I went down to see the home. I was impressed by his room, size and the care he was receiving and also since. I know my father is happy, safe and well looked after. I live in Wales.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, Public Relations Manager at Aspen Court Care Home responded to this review on 11 Jul 2017:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of Aspen Court. It's wonderful to hear how well Dad has adapted to his new home and how much he enjoys there. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to all the hard working staff within Aspen Court.

Mum went into the home in January 2017 with advanced vascular dementia after the home manager had visited her in the hospital.
All of the staff are exceptionally kind, caring and treat her with dignity and respect.
Visitors are always made to feel welcome and regularly offered refreshments.
All staff keep me informed on how mum is doing and nothing is too much trouble. This home would certainly dispel any worries that you may have about putting your relative in a nursing home and I have peace of mind that she is safe and exceptionally well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, Public Relations Manager at Aspen Court Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jun 2017:

Thank you so very much for writing such a wonderful review of Aspen Court Nursing Home. It's so nice for our hardworking staff to hear what an incredible job they do, I will be sure to share your words with them. All the very best.

The care given to the family was just as important to the staff as was the care for the residents. If we had any concerns about my dad, the management and senior staff were always willing to talk to us. Dad was a resident from 8th November 2016 until 17th April 2017.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our experience was very good from the first visit to the time when my husband sadly passed away. We were very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and how they card for him in his last few days.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

They are lovely, friendly, caring staff here. My husband spent two and a half months at this home. He always looked clean and tidy.
Indeed the whole place was kept very clean. Near the end of his life and confined to bed, the nursing care was excellent. There was no hesitation in call the GP on a number of occasions and I was always kept well informed. As relatives, we were treated with great kindness and compassion and frequently welcomed cups of tea and biscuits.
Even at his funeral the home was well represented. Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would just to say how wonderful all the staff are as Aspen Court Care Home have been caring for my father.
Communication is very good and all the staff were polite, friendly and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father has lived in Aspen Court for six years now and it is absolutely amazing. The rooms are lovely, clean and homely, each is beautifully decorated and all airy and cheerful. The food is really excellent, lots of choice and delicious. All the staff here are brilliant, extremely friendly and always helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. All the residents are looked after like family members and treated with so much dignity and respect. In fact, it is very noticeable how they all work so well together and enjoy their chosen profession. This shines through and is therefore reflected to both the residents and their families. From beginning to the end of their shifts all the staff remain positive, happy helpful and cheerful. It's incredible. It is a truly great feeling to know my Dad has the "best care possible" by such a brilliant team of staff at the lovely care home Aspen Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dad is at E.O.L at present. I would just like you to know how amazing ALL your staff have been to my dad and our family. Dad is keeping his dignity, nothing is too much trouble. Often we get a hand on our backs, or a cuddle, that means so much! Even down to the vicar being called, & what a lovely man he is. Compassion, care, dignity. You have a fantastic home, it is like walking into family walking into Aspen Court.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, PR Manager at Aspen Court Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

Hello Maria, thank you so much for taking the time to send such a lovely review of Aspen Court and our staff. Our staff work so hard and it's lovely to hear such kind words that I'm sure they will be over the moon to receive.

I have visited my mother every day since the beginning of January 2016. I am very grateful for the high level of medical, emotional, intellectual and physical care my mother has received. She is treated as an individual and with dignity. She has her hair done every week and her clothes are beautifully washed and ironed. She loves the excellent food, staff ask her for her preferences before each meal. They always knock before entering her room. Staff are courteous, friendly and helpful. There are daily activities for residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

From the manager down to the domestic staff, all make you feel welcome and with loving care to all relatives. Residents enjoys activities especially music afternoons. On visiting a tray of tea or coffee most welcome. Hairdresser and chiropody service on a regular basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Generally well staffed and residents receive all the help and attention they need. Plenty of extra activities and entertainment for Christmas period. Manager personally gave gifts from owners Notaro to every resident on Christmas morning. Good communication with families and friends, regular group meetings. Special Christmas lunch all invited before the big day when lunch just for residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Aspen Court Care Home? Likely

Sharon Warren, PR Manager at Aspen Court Care Home responded to this review on 02 Feb 2016:

We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to complete this wonderful review. I will personally ensure that the manager and staff are aware of your comments and feedback. Feedback is greatly valued by the team and allows us to ensure we delivering a very high standard of care and support.

Submit a Review for Aspen Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Aspen Court Care Home