Oaktree Court, Wellington, Somerset

Oaktree Court is a beautiful and spacious large country residence, set within seven acres of landscaped gardens, wildflower meadows and mature trees and natural woodlands.

It is frequented by an abundance of wildlife such as squirrels and deer, attracted by the peaceful and unspoilt surroundings.

All of the rooms have lovely views of the surrounding area and are large, private and individually decorated with the highest standards of fabrics, decor and fittings. Each room comes complete with en-suite facilities, electric fully adjustable beds, flat screen TV's and telephones as standard.

There are many communal areas within the home, allowing clients to choose how and where they spend their time, and it boasts an extremely varied social calendar, always seeking to ensure everyone gets to do everything they want, no matter how difficult the challenges may be.

There is a dedicated team of activities staff working seven days a week. Residents can enjoy visiting musicians, art classes, regular trips in the minibus and much more to compliment the wonderful surroundings. There's always lots going on at Oaktree Court.

Residents also benefit from good numbers of experienced, well trained, caring staff, who are also available to provide professional 24 hour personalised care when needed, wonderful home cooked food with menus designed around residents, and a whole range of services to enhance their lives.

There is always a qualified nurse on duty in the home, supported by good numbers of care staff, and an abundance of ancillary staff giving peace of mind and ensuring individuals receive the best possible care available.

Group: Majesticare

Person in charge: Andy Kirby (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Somerset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 56 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

The home is situated on the outskirts of Wellington on the northern side of the town. Travelling from Taunton, Middle Green Road can be found on the left hand side of the main A38, just past Monument Road, marked with a white and green sign set back from the road. The small country lane signposted Middle Green Road leads to the main entrance.

Visiting is entirely open with no appointment necessary. Just walk in, sign the book and visit loved ones, there's no need to wait for the door to be answered.

Lots of parking is available, with level access to the main entrance, the home and the extensive gardens.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Oaktree Court: click here

posted 02 May 2017

We have two available beds at present. All rooms are large, private rooms with their own en-suite facilites, and have views across the gardens. You can call Andy on 01823 662032 for more details, or contact us via email.

9.8 Oaktree Court has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.784)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Oaktree Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 39 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Oaktree Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 35 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.784 for Oaktree Court is calculated as follows: ( (360 Excellents x 5) + (88 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 453 Ratings = 4.784

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Oaktree Court is based on 35 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11.2 positive Reviews (56 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 35 Reviews ÷ 11.2 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Oaktree Court?

Reviewer Connection to Oaktree Court

My husband has been a resident since September 2016 and every day my family and I thank our lucky stars we found such a wonderful residential care home. The quality of care and loving sensible concern is second to none. The staff are superb and we, as a family, are treated exceptionally and accommodated with a welcome at any time.
The leadership and management are so friendly yet highly professional. We cannot fault it in any way whatsoever.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, general manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 05 May 2017:

Thank you Rosemary, your review will be shared with the team, lovely to hear you feel supported so well.

Since my mother moved to Oaktree Court I have been very impressed with the high level of care offered. I was very anxious when my mother had a fall and required residential care. I reviewed all the care homes in our area and Oaktree Court offered everything my mothers needs required. Since my mother moved in, we as a family have been delighted with the choice of care home. All the staff are very caring and think of each individuals needs. Well done to all the staff and management at Oaktree Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 25 Apr 2017:

Thanks Bob for taking the time to write a review about our home, I'm sure the staff will be delighted to read your comments.

We as a family are delighted with the care and attention our father is receiving and the support and involvement our mother receives when she visits is second to none.
She can visit only if driven there by somebody else due to her own disabilities and the staff go out of their way to make this as easy and relaxed as possible.

This and the individual care with which the staff show both of them makes a very difficult time for us all so much easier.
I would highly recommend this care home to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Thank you Josie for all your support, it's a very complex situation but together I think we have helped overcome all the difficulties, and this has led to real happiness despite all the challenges they face together.

My elderly mother-in-law needed nursing care after a long hospital stay last year which left her more incapacitated. She was made very welcome to the well-kept and characterful residence by the whole team and settled amazingly quickly. As a family member, I felt supported and that the manager, nurses and carers were interested to hear about my mother-in-law's needs, from my perspective as her former carer. Although the limitations of age and infirmity have reduced her quality of life, the companionship of other residents and the wide choice of activities provided by the enthusiastic activities team, help to make my mother-in-law's life as interesting as it can be. Some of her health issues make it difficult to maintain her weight but due to the kindness, responsiveness and flexibility of the catering team, along with the vigilance of the carers, she is doing as well as we can expect and hope. I hope there are still places like Oaktree Court around if I ever need a similar service!

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 18 Apr 2017:

Thank you Daphne for your kind words which I will of course share with the team.

My father has been a resident at Oaktree Court since February 2016. He is 92 years old with quite complex medical problems, being diabetic with a prosthetic leg, and vascular dementia.
The first impressions of the home is a clean, bright environment, and none of the odours that are associated with some establishments.
The staff are patient and helpful, and nothing is too much trouble. Outings are arranged in the minibus, which residents enjoy enormously, and there are varied activities arranged such as quizzes, concerts, music and movement, and film shows.
There are beautiful grounds, which residents and their families are encouraged to enjoy where possible. Summer fetes and firework displays on Guy Fawkes night are just some examples of outside activities.
If we are honest, none of us wishes to end our days in a care home, but if we have to then Oaktree Court is as good as it gets.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Oaktree Court has been just perfect for the care needed by my grandad. He initially found the thought of being in a care home terrible but is now thoroughly enjoying the care, company and taking part in everything they offer from afternoon activities to trips out in the minibus, which would have been a struggle for a family member to get him to do! He is certainly happier and he seems more content since moving here.
When I arrive with my busy children we are always greeted with friendly smiles and cheerful hellos from both staff and other residents. The staff always make time to stop and chat to us all. I really enjoy looking at the photo board and the weekly newsletter with a write up of what has been happening and the timetable of the activities for the week ahead. It gives us a talking point and a little reminder for my grandad too.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 07 Apr 2017:

Thank you Kerry, we are all delighted to see your granddad has settled in so well, and made so many good friends.

A member of my family came to your care home December 2016, after a spell in hospital. With only wanting them to have the best level of care, I came and visited before they moved in. My first impressions were it was clean, the staff were very friendly and every member of staff I saw spoke and said hello. They have settled in well, and seem to be a lot happier. There are activities every day and any residents I have met all seem to be happy here. I have recommended Oak Tree Court to several people and will carry on doing so. This is the best move my family member has ever done and the happiest I have seen them for a long time. Thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Thank you Katy, I'm so pleased to hear you are delighted with your granddad's progress, he's certainly settled in well, and enjoying himself!

My late husband lived at Oaktree Court for just over two years. He was very happy there and made several friends amongst the residents. He enjoyed the activities and trips out in the minibus. The food was very good and varied and I often had lunch with my husband.
The end of life care could not have been better. We were so well supported along the way by the Manager and hid dedicated staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Thank you Sally, we will always have very fond memories of your husband, and you were a wonderful support to him during the time he spent with us. We really appreciate you taking time to review the home, thank you.

The carers do an excellent job, always friendly and amenable even when working twelve-hour shifts and with a minimum amount of staff.
Management are always ready to hear any concerns when they are available.
The activities team are to be highly commended for their efforts to keep the residents entertained, and also the resident's friends and family.
There does appear to be a high turnover of staff, many excellent people have moved on which is a little unsettling to both residents and their visitors, fortunately, the new staff seem to integrate quite quickly.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Likely

Thank you Steve, for a very honest and constructive review. In our residents and relatives meeting on Tuesday this week, we were told by those present that we now had the best staff we had ever had, and everyone felt the staffing levels were excellent. Perhaps the complimentary cheese and wine went to their heads!

We found the management and staff to be extremely dedicated, caring, respectful and kind in their care of my father during the last few days of his life. He wanted to move from hospital back to Oaktree Court and they facilitated it. They also treated my mother and all of the family in a similar way, nothing was too much trouble. They enabled all of us to spend the last night with him, and the end was very peaceful. Thank you again for your care and compassion.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 23 Mar 2017:

Our thanks also to you and your family for making his last days so special.

I cannot speak too highly of Oaktree Court, from the manager, to the caring staff and the people in the kitchen who produced such lovely food. We found all the staff to be extremely dedicated, caring, respectful and helpful, in fact everything you could wish for.

My husband was where he wanted to be for the last few days of his life, and the caring staff made provision for my family and me to spend the last night with him., his passing was very peaceful.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy kirby, General manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 23 Mar 2017:

Thank you Yvonne for taking time to review our home, it's very much appreciated.

Resident for 1 week respite as I live alone.
My husband is here and very cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

The care given to my father-in-law was second to none, nothing was too much trouble. The staff and management were extremely understanding given the small time we were here. We were made to feel like we were at home and respect was given with everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Cannot fault the level of service and care provided. All staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. A lovely place for someone to end their final days. Treated with kindness, respect and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

The care given to my father was second to none. Nothing was too much trouble and because of that, he died in comfort and ease. I cannot praise the staff enough for their kindness and help.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

I can't speak highly enough of Oaktree Court, Andy (the manager) and all the staff have a genuine really caring nature where nothing is too much trouble. Combine this with a strong "can do" attitude and you can see what sets them apart from other care homes.
My father only spent a short time at Oaktree before he unfortunately passed away, but in that time we, and most importantly he was treated like royalty.
The room was excellent and spotless - and frequently rearranged to suit changing needs, the food was delicious, we were constantly checked on and made to feel as comfortable as possible.
If only all care homes were like Oaktree court!!

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

From the moment we walked through the door of Oaktree Court we knew it was the right place for mum, no way has it disappointed. Not only is she in her hometown, which she has never left, but the whole ethos of Oaktree has been absolutely what she needed. The caring, respect and kindness afforded to all of us has been incredible. All the staff, without exception, has always been there for mum and for the family, we cannot praise or thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 02 Mar 2017:

Thank you Anne for your comments, It's wonderful to hear how the staff all do their utmost to ensure all the residents are as happy as can be.

Our father was at this home for around 9 months and experienced kind and caring staff throughout his stay. He had only good words to say about all members of staff. My observations were that staff were always cheerful and helpful, that the home is well situated in lovely grounds with a rural aspect and rooms were bright/clean and of a reasonable size and that all in all this felt a very professionally managed home. I think that improvements could be made to the standard of food, however, I note there was a regular supply of biscuits and home made cakes. There are very regular activities including a minibus for day trips and meals out in the evenings. Thank you to all the staff at Oaktree Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 20 Feb 2017:

Thank you, Steve for your review, we were all very fond of your father, who made some very good friendships with both the staff and family. I will never forget the day he told me he wanted to go to Thailand, which with all our support he was able to do, and which I am sure he'd be eternally grateful. We have in response to concerns raised, employed a new head chef who has changed the menu to reflect the wishes of the residents more closely. The results have been extremely good.

My mother died in Oaktree Court on the 27th of January 2017. She was there for 10 months. She was very happy in her time there. The staff are wonderful and the care is very good indeed.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

My father who recently passed away, having been a resident since last Easter, with deteriorating health my brother and I chose Oaktree after careful consideration and we have been delighted with the care Dad received from all levels of staff, they were kind and compassionate. Our father when he was able, enjoyed the external trips and evenings out. Towards the end of last year, he wished to realise a dream to see Thailand once more, the home helped facilitate and on his return went above and beyond by meeting him off the plane and escorting him back. During the last few weeks of his life, they always supported him, endeavouring to support his dignity as his body failed him.
Kindness and compassion cannot be taught, nursing is learnt, all the staff are chosen for their kindness and this is very in evidence. Physically Oaktree is kept very clean, the gardens well tended.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, general manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 09 Feb 2017:

Thank you Geoff for your kind comments, and thank you also for your support during your father's time with us. His trip to Thailand was his last wish, and I am so glad he was able to realise his dream. He couldn't have done this without the support of his family.

Oaktree Court provided care for a dear friend in her final months of life. Whilst very weak, she remained very lucid, and consistently commented on the high standard of care that she received. Over frequent visits, I was also impressed by the standard of care, and the cheerful and obliging demeanour of all the staff I met. The informal, open visiting arrangements were much appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 30 Jan 2017:

Thank you Colin for your kind words which are very much appreciated by the staff. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to look after your friend.

Excellent care, wonderful staff and comfortable. Prefer own room.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 09 Dec 2016:

Thank you. We are so pleased you are happy staying with us and enjoying your privacy. We are very lucky to have such wonderful staff working for us and I make sure they all feel appreciated for the hard work they do every day.

It is wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

We are very happy with Mums care at the home. She is always clean and well dressed. We have always found the staff to be caring and attentive to the resident's needs. Occasional minor problems such as laundry etc have always been dealt with promptly by the management.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 08 Dec 2016:

Thank you for your review, Jeanette. It's good to see that even when the service isn't perfect, you feel we work hard to put them right. We really appreciate your comments, thank you.

Oaktree Court is a friendly, welcoming home set in beautiful surroundings. The Somerset Suite provides its residents with a home from home feel in bright, clean airy surroundings. Care is very much person-centred and staff appear to have a very good insight into residents needs. The food is freshly prepared and the chef makes glorious birthday cakes!! There is always something going on the activities team are fantastic too.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 28 Nov 2016:

Thank you Alison, I'll make sure I pass on your comments to all concerned. I'm very happy you feel we look after your mum so well.

A big thank you to the management, staff, activity team and chefs for all the help and support you give my husband. We all know he can be difficult at times, but you all have so much patience. My family really appreciate everything you do, nothing is too much trouble. As soon as you walk through the door, you feel like part of one big family.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Thank you for taking the time to review our home, we really appreciate your comments.

On all visits, we have been made to feel very welcome. All staff are very friendly and there's a lovely comfortable atmosphere.
Mum seems to have settled in really well, her appetite has increased and I can see from activities photos how much she enjoys them.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 25 Nov 2016:

Thanks for the review Jacqueline, much appreciated.

My mother was looked after very well as she was deteriorating physically, the staff took great care of her needs. My mother died at the home and the end of life care plan was superb. Any problems were swiftly taken care of and I was kept informed promptly and fully.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 22 Nov 2016:

Thank you, Steve, for your kind words, which I will pass on to the staff.

Oaktree Court cared for my twin uncles at end of life. They did so with kindness, warmth, compassion and humour. My uncles were consistently afforded dignity, respect and autonomy and made to feel very much part of the Oaktree Court family, as did I. Every single member of staff that I encountered was courteous and professional, always proving to be responsive at times of need. I am a senior nurse working in older people's care. Oaktree Court was everything I could have hoped for.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 17 Nov 2016:

Thank you Julie for your kind words. I will share your comments with all the staff.

I would like to express our greatest thanks and appreciation to the manager and the entire staff team at Oaktree Court. Their high level of professionalism and devotion they displayed during my mother-in-laws time at Oaktree Court came through in everything they did. We could not have asked for a more lovelier place for our mum's final days.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 17 Nov 2016:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Looking after your mother-in-law was an absolute pleasure, she was a lovely lady.

Finding a suitable place for a loved one to move into was never going to be easy, but finding Oaktree alleviated any stresses and concerns that go alongside what is a challenging time.

The surrounding area is beautiful and the interior is decorated to a very high standard. The rooms include en-suites and we were encouraged to put up pictures on the walls to personalise Grandad's room. The communal lounge is bright and airy with an abundance of great tasting food being served up which my Grandad (and myself) thoroughly enjoyed!

Above all, I feel it is worth highlighting the staff. From the offset, everyone made such effort to learn about my Grandad; his past, his interests, and above all, his family. This meant he was extremely well-cared for with dignity, kindness and empathy meaning he thrived during his stay. During his final days, the staff also provided outstanding care to our family which they should be very proud of and something that we will always be grateful for.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

I have found the carers to be very friendly and caring towards my mother. They are always ready to stop and help her with any problem e.g when the bulb in her bedside light failed they found her a replacement for the night. She is very nervous about leaving her room and they are doing their best to persuade her to go outside, she is completely wheelchair bound and incontinent. She did agree to go on a short trip recently to a garden centre but I don't think this will be repeated because of her painful back. I do admire their great patience and encouragement.

Steve Oakes, Director at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 30 Sep 2016:

Thank you for your review and kind words.

Mum had a 2 week respite at the home but after returning to her home decided to return permanently. She had enjoyed her stay and chose to go back. She has a lovely, clean, bright room with en suite shower room, which enables her to maintain some of her independence. She is able to call on staff if required and thinks they are all lovely. She has been weighed twice while here and gained weight both times its good to know that she is eating three meals a day (which she wasn't before) The staff invite her to all activities but by choice she's selective, she has been out on trips on the minibus which she really enjoyed, she feels safe and happy here. It was her 95th birthday on Thursday and was thrilled staff and the manager took time and trouble to come to her room and sing Happy Birthday and provide a lovely iced cake with candles.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

Excellent care, compassion and treatment given to my aunt throughout her stay of 15 months 'til she died.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

My mother in law has really settled in to this care home and she is obviously very happy there. She enjoys the location pleasant surroundings etc and the care staff, nurses, and manager all work hard to meet her needs and ensure her experience is good in all respects. Her room is good and although lacing mobility she has settled in really well, much better than we ever expected. I would really recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

All staff very helpful and obliging any issues dealt with promptly and sympathetically. My other was very comfortable and enjoyed a good relationship with all the staff. Alternative meals are provided on occasions when the menu was inappropriate or not to mothers taste.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

My 98 year old mother went into Oaktree Court in August 2015 to a beautiful en-suite room with her own door onto a patio, good quality curtains and d├ęcor. She was originally a very distressed lady reluctant to be in a nursing home but with extreme kindness, care and lovely sense of humour, she came to accept it as her home. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and after a very nasty prolonged illness she died peacefully and with great dignity. Her chief carer voluntarily came in on her day off to make her look as nice as possible in death.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

My mother entered the home on Wednesday of last week intending to assess (1) the concept of being in a home generally and (2) Oak Tree court in particular in a single week's respite care. Yesterday, Monday, she decided to stay permanently at Oak Tree Court, largely on the strength of the quality of the facilities and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. My sisters and brothers are very pleased that Mum has made a good decision at the time that is right for her!

I can not fault it.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Likely

Submit a Review for Oaktree Court

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

March 2016

August 2014

Andy

Andy Kirby

Joined: 2014

I've been a registered nurse now for nearly 30 years, and had a great deal of experience in a wide variety of settings both in the UK and abroad. I love working at Oaktree Court, as it's such a wonderful setting, the staff are great fun, there's plenty of support available, and the residents have complete choice in what they want to do.

Our philosophy is that we want everyone to have a good day, every day. We make sure that we find out from everyone what they want, and then help them to get it, it's a pretty simple idea, but it seems to work.

We make sure we do a full assessment prior to anyone joining us, and we do like to involve families and friends as much as we can. We find that this approach means we can develop really good relationships with everyone involved, and help people to feel that choosing to live here is the start of a great new chapter in their lives. It's an open home, so you can just turn up any time of day and see your loved ones without appointment. We are confident you will enjoy being here as much as we do.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Oaktree Court