Market Lavington Care Home

39 High Street, Market Lavington, Devizes SN10 4AG

Market Lavington Care Home, Devizes, Wiltshire

Market Lavington has many facilities tailored to the needs of older people. Convalescence, residential dementia care, palliative care and care for people with Parkinson’s disease are also provided by the home’s well trained and experienced staff.

A former vicarage set in the Wiltshire countryside, the home has undergone extensive modernisation and refurbishment to create a comfortable home from home setting. All bedrooms are decorated to a high standard and most come with ensuite facilities and views of the surrounding gardens.

The nutritional needs of residents are a high priority to Market Lavington, with the in-house chef creating fresh and healthy meals for every mealtime. A 'Night Bite' menu is also available for out of hours snacks and drinks.

A wide range of activities are available to residents including gentle gardening, reminiscence sessions, quizzes and flowers arranging as well as regular days out and visiting entertainers.

Person in charge: Debs Tilney (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wiltshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 87 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Bulgarian, French, Hindi, Polish, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Market Lavington Care Home: click here

9 Market Lavington Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (8.972)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Market Lavington Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Market Lavington Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.455 for Market Lavington Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (100 Excellents x 5) + (62 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 178 Ratings = 4.455

The 4.517 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Market Lavington Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 17.4 positive Reviews (87 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 17.4 Target = 0.517

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Market Lavington Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Market Lavington Care Home

I have been very pleased with how the staff have cared for my mum for the past two and a half years. The only areas of concern were the laundry which was appalling so I took over as her clothes were either lost or damaged. Overall my mum was very happy there.

Value for Money: Very Poor

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Market Lavington Care Home responded to this review on 02 Nov 2017:

My mother was very worried going into a new environment but the staff were great. They gradually got her to meet the other residents, join in with the social activities and arranged day trips outside the care home. My mother had lived alone for 12 years since Father died and became a recluse with no visitors other than doctors etc. The care home has revitalised Mother and she is fully engaged in everything. I now have my mother back again. She even cuts my visits back so she can join in the daily activities. Thank you, Market Lavington.

How likely would you be to recommend Market Lavington Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Market Lavington Care Home responded to this review on 05 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is so nice to hear how much your mother has come out of herself and is now enjoying the activities along with the other residents. I'm sure this must make you feel happy knowing that she is well cared for and is happy.

My husband had been a resident in the home for 2.5 years until he died at the beginning of August 2017.
I found that he was treated with care and consideration by all the staff who took the trouble and time with him. As a constant visitor, I got to know many of the staff really well and always felt welcomed and included in all aspects of his care. The nursing care towards his end was very good.
There are plenty of activities and events which many can enjoy and provide stimulation as well.

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Market Lavington Care Home responded to this review on 11 Sep 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept out condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

My mother was in hospital and my father lives in the next village to the care home.

It became necessary for mum to go into an ICT bed. The home we wanted for ease was Market Lavington. Mum was moved from hospital to the care home.

We cannot thank them enough - the care mum received was exceptional. There was a lot of work done to get her home.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Market Lavington Care Home responded to this review on 25 Aug 2017:

My husband was in the care home for 2 and a half years suffering from dementia. He was kindly and well cared for during the whole of his stay. The staff were exceptional, very kind and friendly, both to my husband and me. I visited almost daily. Very rarely had any reason to complain about anything.

Facilities: Poor

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Market Lavington Care Home responded to this review on 05 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased that you were happy with Market Lavington and the care their staff provided for both you and your husband. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mother was a resident at the home from October 2013 until she passed away on 27 January 2017. During that time I cannot speak highly enough of the care that she received. All the carers, nurses and entertainment staff treated my mum with the utmost dignity, respect and affection. Mum was in possession of all her faculties until the end and the range of activities, outings and entertainment provided a great stimulus for her. She was particularly fond of the poetry afternoons. Living near to the home myself I was able to pop in and see Mum most days and her favourite expression was "don't worry about me - I'm very well looked after here". In the twilight years of her life, I have the comfort of knowing that Mum was content and happy in a caring, warm and comfortable environment. I would highly recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Market Lavington Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Market Lavington Care Home responded to this review on 07 Mar 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

My husband went into Market Lavington temporarily on a I.C.T scheme. It was not my first choice because of the distance away from home so staff knew this would not be permanent but he was welcomed and cared for instantly. He was always treated with patience, dignity and humour when it helped in awkward moments. We as a family were kept informed of progress etc. and Doctors always attended when necessary. When my husband died the family were treated with care and compassion. It takes a whole team to run a home and the team there is working well.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Market Lavington Care Home responded to this review on 29 Dec 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. Please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mother event to this home in a state of her near death, we all thought!! We chose this home with some care and our initial reason for choosing it was the way the Matron dealt with us, her relatives, she made us feel we were important to our mother's care and also that we needed care too. The home was clean and never smelt of lingering urine as so often in these places. My mind has never been changed in 8 years at all times my mother was treated with respect from all the staff, we visited all times unannounced at varying times. Any small issues that are bound to happen were always dealt with kindly and staff were always ready to listen.

Following my husband's discharge from hospital, he was admitted to Market Lavington Care Home as a very ill man. During the months spent in care his condition improved considerably, he felt comfortable and secure, confident that he was receiving the best possible care. Our only reason for moving him to another nursing home was that the journey to Market Lavington from our home would be very challenging in winter time. We are truly grateful for all the care he has received.

How likely would you be to recommend Market Lavington Care Home? Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Market Lavington Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2016:

Mother was in this care home from Jan '2008 - Oct '2016 with advanced Alzheimer's. She was bedridden for much of that time, unable to do anything but swallow. She was totally dependent. I visited the home unannounced at any time of the day and the atmosphere was always one of calm and kindness. Mother was always treated with respect and spoken to even though she couldn't respond. She was always clean, warm and comfortable. The carers were always kind and happy. The senior staff were happy to discuss with the family. The management team understood the stress and worries of the wider family and were always supportive.

My mother went into the care home for a couple of week's respite. I was very impressed by the way my mother was treated, all the staff were very kind and caring, they managed to get her back to her normal self after a short stay in hospital which knocked her confidence. My mother has stated that when she feels it is time, she would like to return as a resident.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Market Lavington Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

My mother has been at the care home for just over a year (following her hospitalisation after a fall and belated diagnosis of Parkinson's). I have always found the staff to be extremely friendly, caring and patient with all the service users. It is particularly telling, I think, that the carers do things like buy easter chicks out of their own income and quirky leaving presents for service users if they are going to another job. The nursing and administrative staff are also friendly and helpful.

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Market Lavington Care Home responded to this review on 06 Nov 2016:

I can say I am very happy here, the food is not bad, confident I have everything I need. Activities are very good, also recently went on a coach trip to Bluebell Woods which was gorgeous. Lots of quizzes and games which I enjoy. Wouldn't be happy if I wasn't here. I am confident if I feel ill that I will get the right attention from nurses and proper medical help if needed.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Market Lavington Care Home responded to this review on 20 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

My mother final months suffering from vascular dementia, were made so very happy for her and the immediate family. The staff were always very caring, helpful and informative as mum's illness progressed. All mum's dietary needs were met thoughtfully and her declining mental capacity dealt with with the utmost compassion, dignity and care. I was kept informed of any issues promptly and openly with any questions answered fully. The surroundings at the nursing were very conducive to creating a restful, secure environment
Rooms are a good size, well maintained being able to bring mum's treasured possessions made this very much her home. In January care, compassion was excellent.

My sister was in this home and all the staff were lovely and they looked after my sister wonderfully. Nothing was too much trouble. God bless you all and thank you. I would recommend this home to anyone. God bless you all.

Submit a Review for Market Lavington Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Market Lavington Care Home