Sunrise of Solihull

1 Worcester Way, Off Dog Kennel Lane, Shirley, Solihull B90 4JX

Sunrise of Solihull, Solihull, West Midlands

Sunrise of Solihull has a beautiful, homelike interior and a large garden to the rear, with residents enjoying all the comforts of home.

The home also offers a wide range of daily activities, including trips to local attractions on the minibus. Residents council and family and friends meetings provide the perfect opportunity to share views, with feedback always gratefully received as carers never forget this is the residents’ home.

Visitors are always assured of a warm welcome from all. Some residents are welcome to bring their pets into the community too.

Sunrise of Solihull is easily accessible from Birmingham Airport and the M42, M6 and M40, making it a convenient location for visiting family and friends.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Elaine Doyle (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 109 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Sunrise of Solihull: click here

9.2 Sunrise of Solihull has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.180)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Sunrise of Solihull is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Sunrise of Solihull in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.813 for Sunrise of Solihull is calculated as follows: ( (88 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 107 Ratings = 4.813

The 4.367 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Sunrise of Solihull is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 21.8 positive Reviews (109 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 21.8 Target = 0.367

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Sunrise of Solihull?

Reviewer Connection to Sunrise of Solihull

Dad has been at Sunrise of Solihull since February 2016 and has been reasonably happy and contented most of the time. There have been some occasional issues which have been dealt with very well. I am still concerned that laundry was done once a week which has now been increased to twice. I would still like it to be more. His bed has sometimes been found wet, usually at the weekend. This does seem to have improved lately. In particular, nursing staff are very good and also activity staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Solihull? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Digital Marketing Executive at Sunrise of Solihull responded to this review on 25 Oct 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sunrise of Solihull.
Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities to make a difference to our residents and their families lives. Therefore, I’ve passed your feedback on to the rest of the team, so we can look into addressing these issues. In the meantime, please feel free to contact the Community Home Manager if you would like to discuss this in further detail.
The Sunrise of Solihull Team.

Because the staff are so friendly and helpful, it feels more like a personal home than a residential home. Nothing is too much trouble for them no matter how busy they are. My relative's room is always clean and tidy and great care is taken when dressing my relative, as it is still important to her how she looks. There is a lovely garden and plenty of places to have a private conversation and a drink with your relative. The food is excellent and always a good choice.

Recently, my relative had a visit from an old friend, he belongs to a charity, who visits residents in homes, who have no visitors. He could only speak very highly of the home and assured me that in his opinion, it was of a very high standard. I have no hesitation in recommending the home and would like to thank the staff for all their hard work in looking after my relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Solihull? Extremely Likely

Lewis Sluman, Digital Marketing Executive at Sunrise of Solihull responded to this review on 04 Oct 2017:

The Sunrise of Solihull Team

I cannot praise the staff enough in the reminiscence area. They are SO caring and attentive to all the resident's needs and the level of activities is wonderful. The food is lovely and the choices are varied so there is always something to suit everyone's tastes. They always have a ready supply of drinks and juices and they really try to fulfil everyone's requests.
I am so very happy with every aspect of my mother's care and well-being and I cannot thank them enough for all they do.
We have had experience of another care home and appreciate how fantastic the care is here. Keep up the excellent work you all do.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Solihull? Extremely Likely

Lewis Sluman, Digital Marketing Executive at Sunrise of Solihull responded to this review on 11 Aug 2017:

The Sunrise of Solihull Team

On the whole, I like it here. The cooks are very kind and will do things for you. I like the food - there is always a choice. We do lots of activities which I enjoy. The laundry service is good. We go on trips, some of which I go on if they are places I want to go to. My main problem is I can't walk too well now - so that restricts where I go to. People work hard and some are not treated well in my opinion. I hate the way people moan.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Solihull? Extremely Likely

Lewis Sluman, Digital Marketing Executive at Sunrise of Solihull responded to this review on 04 Aug 2017:

The Sunrise of Solihull Team.

Very personal, friendly service. They looked after my dad with dignity and respect. Staff are personal and respectful and treated my dad's final with excellent care.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Solihull? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Solihull responded to this review on 27 Mar 2017:

The Sunrise of Solihull Team

My sister has been in Sunrise for 18 months and I think she is in the best place for her needs. It is not cheap but if you have the funds then it is nice to know they have the care and help on a daily basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Solihull? Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Solihull responded to this review on 23 Jan 2017:

The Sunrise of Solihull Team

Absolutely the best care home. An example for all homes to copy. Friendly staff who acknowledge residents and visitors. Many various activities every day to keep body and mind active. Definitely a home from home in a 5* hotel setting. So glad we moved mum here!

The Sunrise of Solihull Team

Thank you for providing a fabulous service to my auntie.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Solihull? Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Solihull responded to this review on 16 Dec 2016:

The Sunrise of Solihull Team.

The care and support are excellent. There is always plenty to do and every help given. Visitors are always welcome and greeted in a friendly way. The staff smile a lot which gives you a friendly atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Solihull? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Manager at Sunrise of Solihull responded to this review on 21 Oct 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sunrise of Solihull.
Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities to make a difference to our residents and their families lives. Our team take great pride in caring for our wonderful residents and create a warm and homely atmosphere. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Solihull

Elaine

Elaine Doyle

I am a Registered General Nurse who qualified in 1984. I have experience of working with older adults in a residential setting both in the UK and France. I progressed to the position of Home Manager in 1999 and since then have worked for several large organisations in this role, including 13 months with Sunrise of Knowle as Deputy Manager and 8 months at Sunrise of Edgbaston as the General Manager. I am now delighted to have taken up the position of General Manager here at Solihull and am passionate about delivering the very highest levels of care to our residents. I am committed to leading a skilled, caring and compassionate team.

Samantha

Samantha Birks

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-ordinator

I started work with Sunrise at our Edgbaston community working in various roles. In 2014 I moved to Solihull as Activities and Volunteers Coordinator. I am a qualified florist with a love of gardens and flowers and have taken a keen interest in the beautiful gardens we enjoy here at Solihull, starting a hugely popular gardening club. I am thoroughly enjoying getting to know the residents, their individual likes and dislikes as well as the interesting lives many of them have lead.

Jo

Jo Hopkins

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

My role within Sunrise of Solihull is to help and support families who are looking into care and a new home for their loved ones. This can be an upsetting time for all involved and may be a whole world they may never have explored before, so it is absolutely essential that we listen and capture the needs and individuality of the new potential resident, whilst offering the family reassurance and trust. The end result seeing their loved one move in, settle and be happy - and the positive impact this has on the whole family is extremely rewarding. It's a real privilege to be a part of the team at Solihull and getting to know all the wonderful residents. For more information, please contact me on 0121 701 2700.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Solihull