Court House Care Home

3-5 Court Road, Barnards Green, Malvern WR14 3BU

Located in the city of Worcester, with views of the picturesque Malvern Hills, Court House is a welcoming care home offering care of the elderly as well as young physically disabled adults. The home also offers Parkinson's, Huntingdon's, palliative, respite and convalescence care.

Split into three separate houses, Court House is designed for independent living and a versatile daily lifestyle. Residents can benefit from a variety of local amenities including shops and transport links.

Each resident’s dietary requirements are incorporated into the menu, with light alternatives and finger food available for residents between meals. Fresh and seasonal produce is sourced to provide satisfying homemade meals as part of a nutritious and varied menu.

The activities programme includes many in-house events, popular groups, and excursions to places of interest. Being close to the Malvern Hills means there are many scenic sites, while indoor bowls and painting are popular hobbies that clients have taken up.

Person in charge: Josephine Pugh (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Worcestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Polish, Swedish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Court House Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Court House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 25 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Court House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.616 for Court House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (203 Excellents x 5) + (73 Goods x 4) + (15 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 294 Ratings = 4.616

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Court House Care Home is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 12 Target Reached = 1

9.6 Court House Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.616) from 25 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Court House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Court House Care Home

Excellent situation.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like Holly Bush Unit the staff are excellent very caring. The food is great and I am being spoilt. I go shopping in Malvern and they look after me well.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

From what I can see my mum's care is to a very good standard. The staff, although busy, are helpful and friendly. I am in my 60's and most of them seem quite young, but are happy in their work. I am ex-ambulance service and quite picky with care but my experience here, both this time and when my mum and dad were here has been good.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Most things ok. The menu is monotonous especially sandwiches and ice cream. Decor in the room needs a refresh and spring clean. TV not useful, no daily visits by any activity staff. Had to provide own chair for the room, no drinking water in the room's tap. Caring/cleaning good as are nursing staff. Sink plug not fully fitted. Clothes storage very small. Rarely see new management. My bamboo canes have been removed from the garden so I don't know how I'll grow my sweet peas.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Likely

Clare Sheehan, Care Advisor at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 13 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your comments. Whilst the Manager and activity staff pop in to see you regularly, they can arrange for more regular meetings to discuss things with you if you wish, especially to go over the variety of choices available at each meal time. Maintenance have checked the TV and the sink plug will be changed. We would really welcome the opportunity to redecorate your room and will ask the Unit Manager to discuss this with you further. The canes for the sweet peas were removed for winter and have now been put back in for the summer months. I am pleased to note that you are happy with the care and cleanliness at the Home.

My mum spent her last 19 months in Beacon Unit. She could be difficult but the staff always treated her with respect, courtesy, and love, and allowed her to live her life her way, right to the end. I look back on my mum's last days and know that they were as good as they could possibly be and will always be grateful for that.

The staff - all of them - were great; very friendly and very supportive and always kept me informed.

I am very glad that I chose Court House for my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Sadly my mother has now passed away. She lived in The Beacon Unit for 7 months. My family and I visited her weekly. Mum was very happy here and treated with utmost kindness as were we when we were visiting.

The staff became friends and were always happy to see us. Mum enjoyed all activities that took place.

To us, it is a loving, caring happy home.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot praise the level of care provided by all members of staff highly enough. I'm regularly updated by phone or when I call in, on her condition, if she needs anything or if she had been visited by the doctor. So in all, I'm very happy with the level of care given to my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

It is difficult to rate some of the facilities as mum sadly passed away shortly after moving here. What I can say is that all the staff and management were exceptional during this time. We cannot fault the help and support given to us as a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

During the many years, I have been visiting my ex-wife on a regular basis I have never had any cause to be dissatisfied with her wellbeing whilst at the home. The staff have always been very helpful and given the best care and attention to the residents that one could ask for. Although her feeding became very difficult, they showed the greatest patience and consideration as in all things. One member of staff read a great deal to her, and made sure she has a supply of 'talking books'.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 19 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

As a practising healthcare professional, I went on a personal recommendation made by a care manager when looking for a care home.

Court House was exceptional. Everyone from senior nursing staff to the cleaners treated my brother with the utmost dignity and respect. He was extremely happy at the home where he spent in final few months. All discussions were jointly made. I felt very cared for myself as well. Standards were excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 13 Sep 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review it is lovely to hear that your brother was happy with us and that you also felt cared for and informed about everything.

I wish to express my sincere thanks for the great care and attention received at Court House Nursing Home. When I was a patient in Hollybush House from January 10th to March 10th this year, following a complex femur fracture, the doctors, nurses, physios, carers and caterers were excellent and I felt privileged to receive such help and kindness from everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 23 Aug 2017:

Court House cared for my mum when she was moved to a nursing home for end of life care. The staff treated mum and our family with compassion, respect and dignity. We spent many hours daily with her and they ensured our comfort during this difficult time. There are no words to express our gratitude to all staff who cared for mum until she passed away.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 25 May 2017:

Our condolences, thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and support provided, we appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Following a fall in my garden on 30th Dec whereby I sustained a complex femur fracture of the left leg, after surgery, I was transferred to the care home on 10th Jan until 10th March for rehab, as I was non-weight-bearing on left leg for 8 weeks. From arriving on a stretcher at Court House, I was made welcome with warm friendly smiles and taken to a lovely bedroom with good view of the garden. All the nurses and carers both male and female were very good and kind including the activities coordinator and admin. Also laundry lady. The food was nutritious, wholesome and tasty.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administartor at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 19 Apr 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Court House and that you were happy with the home and their staff. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I have spent the last 8/9 weeks in the Malvern/Hollybush unit in Court House. The care and attention I have received in Hollybush was exemplary. The caring staff, both male and female, are a credit to Bupa and the management here in Malvern.

Initially, I was transferred to another much closer home (not Bupa) - after a 3 day period, I made a request to return to Malvern. The experience was far from acceptable and the quality of care was non-existent.
Court House is really first class. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2016:

I was pleasantly surprised by the level of care and delighted by the friendliness and empathy of the staff throughout the facility.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

The care and attention Mother received during her short stay at Court House Care Home was fantastic. The home was clean and fresh smelling. The staff friendly and supportive.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 09 Sep 2016:

The staff in the home were very caring, helpful and attentive to provide all facilities required by my brother-in-law before he died.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 22 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

From the moment my Mum arrived she was made to feel welcome, so too were all of us who visited. The room was nothing extravagant but was of a decent size with all the important things to make a resident's time comfortable. The staff were simply fantastic. Attentive, chatty (my Mum can chat for ages) and at the end of their shift would pop their heads around the door to say goodbye - that really impressed Mum and made her feel valued by the staff.
They always treated Mum with care, dignity and respect. The range of weekly activities available to residents is very wide and varied, so there is always something for a resident to look forward to participating in if they want to get involved. All these things, but especially the lovely staff, make Court House somewhere I would have no hesitation in recommending.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 13 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Staff very friendly, they never pass my door without a wave. Will miss the hubbub of the place, you feel you belong to a community. Would happily recommend the place to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 26 May 2016:

Having spent several weeks at Court House the staff were very good to me. They looked after my every need and nothing was too much trouble for them. I was made to feel comfortable, the only comment I would make is that the meals/food some of them were not very good, could have been better. It was a happy atmosphere there, which was due to the staff making it so.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2016:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

They took my father into care - when the alternative was hospital. They provided exceptional nursing care and attention when my father was very ill, and nursed him back to health - all within 2 hours notice.

Every single member of staff is incredibly helpful and caring - from the manager, nurses, through to carers, cleaners and restaurant staff. You know your parents are in safe and caring hands - with whatever level of professional nursing help is needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 16 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mother had to come into the home as she has lost the use of her legs. She was 94 and had her 95th birthday in there. The staff were amazing and made a real fuss of her on that day, making her a cake and singing happy birthday to her.
As a family we were so pleased the way they treated her, and anyone that visited her, nothing was too much trouble. I mean all the staff; from the tea lady, the cleaners, the office staff, and the carers and nurses.
It would have been impossible to have been anywhere else that was so friendly and professional in her final few weeks of her life.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 06 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Lovely staff, really lovely place. I had heard bad reviews before my mum went in there but I would recommend it to anyone, it was a great place. Thank you for all your care. Keep up the great work. It nice to know there are places you can put elderly people where they will get cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Court House Care Home? Extremely Likely

My stay at the home was an extremely happy one. Having been restricted to a wheelchair because I had broken my ankle I was very reliant on the nursing and care staff. Nothing was too much trouble because I could not "weight bear" I had to be hoisted from place to place. They were very accommodating, sympathetic and always had a happy smile. They made my stay a very memorable one. Entertainment was laid on for those able to participate and spectators were also a part of it, we all had a good laugh, a great tonic. The only let down was the food; very bland and unappetising all I would say is a lot should be done to improve the situation big time! My thanks to all the staff.

JW, ME at Court House Care Home responded to this review on 05 Feb 2016:

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience of the food served at one of our homes. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

My father, suffering a terminal condition, was very well cared for in his final weeks. His pain was well controlled and the staff were always attentive: they developed a rapport with him, and the senior nurse was extremely professional in keeping us informed in detail about his condition. They helped all of us through a very difficult situation.

Submit a Review for Court House Care Home

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Court House Care Home