St John's, Droitwich, Worcestershire

St John's Nursing Home, in Droitwich, welcomes many varied care needs, including for many mental health difficulties, challenging behaviours and sensory impairments.

The latest technology and care skills are incorporated into the home's makeup, with a policy that has been set up with the belief that every person with care needs deserves the best.

Group: Shaw Healthcare

Person in charge: Lorraine Mavengere (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Worcestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 43 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Schizophrenia

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on St John's: click here

8.8 St John's has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.790)

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for St John's is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 3 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for St John's in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.941 for St John's is calculated as follows: ( (32 Excellents x 5) + (2 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 34 Ratings = 4.941

The 3.849 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for St John's is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 8.6 positive Reviews (43 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 8.6 Target = 0.349

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend St John's?

Reviewer Connection to St John's

My mother has been resident at St John's Nursing Home since 2014. Since then, amidst a significant decline in my mum's faculties and my own felt distress at this, I have taken great consolation from the quality of care my mum has received by all of the staff at St. John's. They have met and adapted to my mum's needs, been endlessly patient and good-humored, and they have always treated her individuality with respect. Her dignity has always been paramount, and they have been sensitive enough to give her the space she needs to herself. What is more, I have observed the same level of care for other residents too - including in situations which would have tried my own patience considerably. I cannot praise the team of care staff at St John's enough for their kindness and professionalism. I will always be in their debt.

How likely would you be to recommend St John's? Extremely Likely

The kindness and care my father received at this home was wonderful. No matter what time of day we visited, the staff were always active and constantly assessing the needs of every resident.
Even when they didn't know we were there, they were patient, calm and loving to the person in care.
If ever I get dementia, this is the home I would like to be cared for in.
I cannot praise it enough, all the staff are included in this, nurses, care assistants, cleaners and handymen, all were fantastic.

How likely would you be to recommend St John's? Extremely Likely

My mother was resident at St John's for the final difficult 9 months of her life. During that time staff at the home were absolutely magnificent in the level of care provided. They demonstrated a consistently high level of professionalism together with compassion understanding and sympathy.
The home itself was well maintained, the food was excellent and general comfort was of a very high standard.
I can't, however, speak highly enough of the staff who were consistently caring even when working under very difficult circumstances. I have no hesitation in recommending St John's to anybody else looking for a home where their loved one will be cared for as if a part of a loving family.

Submit a Review for St John's

Jayne

Jayne Harrison

Job Title: HR Manager

Joined: 2008

I started working for Shaw in 2008 as a HR Assistant. I'm now the Regional HR Manager for the West Midlands and I'm responsible for helping the managers with aspects of employing and supporting their staff team which is an incredibly varied and exciting role.

One of my main responsibilities is overseeing the recruitment of our staff. Working in care as a support worker can be a fantastic feeling. You get to make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people whilst earning a competitive salary. I meet people on a daily basis who are incredibly passionate about what they do, and its great to see our core values or 'wellness, happiness, and kindness' really being put to use when it comes to the care of our service users.

We are always on the look out for committed people who would like to compliment our existing staff team. If you would like to consider a career in care for the first time, or whether you are an experienced carer or nurse we would be happy to talk through the positions we have available with you.

If you would like to know anything please call us on 02920 365072 or you can check out our job vacancies at www.shaw.co.uk

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at St John's