Mockley Manor

Forde Hall Lane, Ullenhall, Henley-in-Arden B95 5PS

Mockley Manor provides care directed towards helping adults with nursing needs live an independent lifestyle, at the same time as having their health and well-being safeguarded.

Each resident benefits from their own care planning checklist that is regularly updated to reflect personal need, while being compliant with the latest regulatory demands.

All carers are extensively trained and fully resourced to achieve their full potential, with a pleasant community setting of great benefit to daily living opportunities.

Group: Coate Water Care Co Ltd

Person in charge: Rachael Crocker (Care Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warwickshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 52 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Lift • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Mockley Manor: click here

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for Mockley Manor is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Mockley Manor in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.383 for Mockley Manor is calculated as follows: ( (59 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 107 Ratings = 4.383

The 3.788 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Mockley Manor is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 10.4 positive Reviews (52 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 10.4 Target = 0.288

8.2 Mockley Manor has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.171) from 9 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mockley Manor?

Reviewer Connection to Mockley Manor

My Dad had Parkinson's Disease, and in summer 2014 we knew he would need to be in a home. After a recommendation, we visited a couple of places, but Mockley Manor was the friendliest and luckily had a vacancy, so Dad moved in. Unfortunately, Mum became ill shortly after and had to undergo major surgery. The manager kindly offered Mum her own room for some recuperation, and they lived together there for just over a year. Sadly Mum died a year ago, followed by Dad in May.

Throughout their time as residents, they were cheerful, and although not social mixers, had great relationships with the staff. As neither my sister or myself lived locally, it was a great comfort to know that they were being looked after when we weren't there and that all the staff would let us know if there were any concerns, and supported Dad when Mum died. Due to their circumstances, it was the only way they could be cared for together.

We are so grateful they were able to do this, and miss visiting!

How likely would you be to recommend Mockley Manor? Extremely Likely

My Grandmother is very happy at Mockley Manor and I would highly recommend to any other families who may be looking for residential care for a family member.

How likely would you be to recommend Mockley Manor? Extremely Likely

My father is very content and enjoys his cooked breakfast. We joined him for Christmas Lunch and were looked after well.

How likely would you be to recommend Mockley Manor? Extremely Likely

Whilst my father's stay at Mockley Manor was sadly brief, I cannot praise highly enough the standard of care and kindness shown to my father, my mother and the rest of my family.
The staff - from the Manager, her assistant, right the way through to the kitchen were excellent - so friendly and compassionate to the end, and I will never be able to thank them enough for letting Dad see out his last few days in such a caring atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Mockley Manor? Extremely Likely

We are very pleased with our experience and my husband is well cared for. The carers do a good job, sometimes very stressful times for them but always with a smile. The food is sometimes bland but generally quite good. The activities could be improved but of course, not everyone wants to join in. The 'Home' does a fantastic job, my husband has settled in well, we are always made welcome when we go to visit him which is lovely. The manager and her team are really superb. Well done to them all!

How likely would you be to recommend Mockley Manor? Extremely Likely

I feel I was so lucky to have found this care home for my mother. She was so independent and I really didn't think she would settle. As she was unable to stand and a serious cancer diagnosis was arrived at I thought she would give up. After a few days at Mockley Manor I found she looked better and had recovered her zest for life. She needs a lot of care and always receives kindness and consideration from the staff. She said her 97th birthday in the care home was the best ever. Quite a tribute to her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Mockley Manor? Extremely Likely

My husband has only been at Mockley Manor since 16th September this year. I have only praise for the management, nurses, carers, cleaner and any other staff members. They all do a fantastic job. Anytime I have asked for nay help or ask for something to be done for him it has been dealt with without question. They are a very happy group of people. I cannot think of anywhere else I would like him to be. They treat all the family with respect. I think it is a very nice place for anyone to be in there.

How likely would you be to recommend Mockley Manor? Extremely Likely

The care home has a lovely warm friendly environment, and the carers always take the time to speak to residents and their family and friends.
We appreciate resources are stretched to the maximum due to finance restrictions, and the carers and nurses have to do ridiculous hours. But we have never felt in my Fathers time there that he has ever been neglected. Ideally, we'd love him to have more personal care but appreciate this is not possible. But he is always clean, warm and being fed and that is paramount to his health

How likely would you be to recommend Mockley Manor? Likely

My mum received variable care. On leaving she left photos which still haven't been returned to her. Why?

How likely would you be to recommend Mockley Manor? Unlikely

Rachael Crocker, Home Manager at Mockley Manor responded to this review on 22 Jun 2016:

The pictures have been returned safely. Did not wish to send these in the post, due to the risk of these getting damaged/lost which I feel would cause more distress. I apologize for any upset caused.

Many thanks

Submit a Review for Mockley Manor

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Mockley Manor

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mockley Manor