Ashby Court Care Home

Tamworth Road, Ashby-de-la-Zouch LE65 2PX

Ashby Court offers a wide range of care, including residential, nursing dementia, palliative and convalescence care. The home also offers care to those living with Parkinson’s.

This purpose-built property has been designed with spacious lounge and dining areas, and residents are able to relax and unwind in scenic gardens that include tranquil water features, fruit trees and raised flower beds. Bedrooms have en-suite facilities and have benefitted from refurbishment, with 24-hour call systems throughout.

Freshly prepared meals are tailored to individual diet and preference, with some ingredients coming from the home’s own vegetable patch and herb garden. Residents can choose to take meals in the privacy of their own rooms or in the dining room.

The activity programme aims to keep residents active and includes carpet bowls, bingo, arts and crafts and films. Local entertainers visit often and day trips are arranged to local sights.

Person in charge: Teresa Millar (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leicestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian, French, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ashby Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Ashby Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ashby Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.1 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.811 for Ashby Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (167 Excellents x 5) + (30 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 201 Ratings = 4.811

The 4.083 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ashby Court Care Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.333

8.9 Ashby Court Care Home has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.894) from 17 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ashby Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ashby Court Care Home

• Mother of Resident/Service User
  • Relative of Resident/Service User

Excellent service in all areas at all times. The nursing home made our mother feel like it was her own home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Gabriella Mills, Customer Advisor at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 May 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that your Mother had a positive experience in our home and appreciate your comments. We will share your feedback with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

Since my aunt has been a resident at Ashby Court, she has received the best care I could wish for. She is happy and settled here. She is well fed and always clean. Although she suffers from dementia, she smiles and chats in her own way with her carers.

I would recommend Ashby Court to anyone seeking a care home in the area.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 07 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so happy to hear that your Aunt is happy and settled in our care.

Sadly my mum passed away on 1st August 2017. She spent three years at Ashby Court. The staff were friendly, very welcoming and answered any questions we may have had.
During the last nine days of my mum's life, the support we received from the staff was fantastic. They couldn't do enough for us and allowed us to remain with my mum the whole time.
They made sure Mum was comfortable and checked in on us regularly to ask if we needed anything.
Truly wonderful caring people who went above and beyond their job description.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 05 Sep 2017:

So sorry to hear about your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

My husband stayed at Ashby Court for two weeks whilst I had an operation.
I was completely happy with all aspects of the care he received.
Everything that I requested to be done for, such as daily showers and brushing teeth 3 times a day were done.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 18 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that your husband had a good stay with us.

My husband was in Ashby Court Care Home from May 2015 until he died on the 22nd March 2017. He was treated extremely well during that time. The carers showed a great understanding of his condition. He had progressive Alzheimer's disease, a condition hard to handle but the staff were calm and always treated him with respect and in a most patient and dignified way. It was very much appreciated how relatives and friends were made to feel at 'home'. My sons and I were kept informed of any development in my husband's condition and called us when necessary. The staff showed true sympathy and care which gave us much comfort throughout a long, hard journey. Many thanks to all.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 May 2017:

Condolences, thank you for taking the time to write a review at such a sensitive time, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and the level of care provided. We appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team

Ashby Court took my mum and dad in together when I was at my lowest ebb - after 4 years of trying to keep them in their own home.
All staff are extremely understanding of their nursing dementia requirements. The staff always appear on hand for toilet breaks or just a comforting word.
The surroundings are well thought out and always kept clean and tidy, all staff seem to know the names of residents and are friendly and approachable.
I can visit them daily and take them out, whilst their health permits.
They are in surroundings tailored to suit their dementia needs - which we could not achieve at home using an agency.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Sevice Advisor at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your mother and father settling in and that we could support you. It can be difficult when looking at options for care but it's refreshing to hear the positive experience you have with the home, we appreciate your comments and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My father has only received kind, considerate and loving care during his stay so far (10 months to date). I have not seen him smile so much as she does now which means he is happy and contented. He loves the food when his appetite was good and the staff always take the time to speak to him and spend time with him when they can. Thank you for looking after my dad and for your support to my sister and myself too.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 14 Nov 2016:

Lovely care home, staff wonderful and mindful of dignity and kindness at all times. Sometimes I think more staff are needed and breaks need to be staggered more. Also, quicker response to buzzers in rooms for assistance. Otherwise, I would be very happy to live there myself. Staff are always happy, nothing is too much trouble. Very well done to all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 08 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My husband was well cared for at all times. He enjoyed the food provided especially the freshly cooked English breakfast. An atmosphere of peace and calm was maintained in the unit- not easy with most residents at an advanced state of dementia. The staff were always considerate and caring to all residents. I could leave my husband in their care with peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer service Administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 16 Sep 2016:

The best care home I visited. Before placing could not have asked for better. Staff and facilities. Most caring. I would recommend to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 09 Sep 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

When we looked at nursing homes for our son we viewed a few but visited Asby Court with our son and we were very impressed, not just with the cleanliness, but also the staff who were very friendly. We knew straight away that this was where we wanted our son to be for respite care, also we like the way we can book in advanced with his respite as we can organise our holidays and book them. Most other nursing homes do not let you do this. We will be using Ashby Court for all future respite care. Rate it five stars.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Service Administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 17 Aug 2016:

I have had three weeks respite in Ashby Court. 1 week in April and two weeks in June and I have a further one booked for October 2016. I am very well cared for in Ashby Court and reside on the nursing floor, the staff made me feel very welcome. The food is good and my parents who are my main carers feel at ease when they go on holiday leaving me at Ashby Court as they know I am happy, content and get well cared for. Thank you, Ashby Court. I will keep coming to you for my respite care.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer service Administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 17 Aug 2016:

My husband has been in Ashby Court for 16 months. He has Alzheimer's and 24 hour care is needed. The care he has had from day 1 has been exceptional. All the staff are very caring and dedicated to the people they look after whatever tasks they have to deal with. Quite often my husband will not eat if he is sleepy but as soon as he is awake and alert they make sure he eats and drinks as he has a very good appetite. He is always clean and smart considering he is very difficult to get washed and dressed. I am very very satisfied with the care he has.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 03 Aug 2016:

Very pleasant Sunday lunch with the residents. Warm, friendly service and tasty food.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 28 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Dad having a short respite stay after a stay in hospital. As no longer termed 'residential' and need nursing for 24 hours, we turned to Ashley Court. It was thought it would be nice to 'pop' in everyday, we could not have done that if he remained in Skegness. It has excellent 24 hour nursing care just fantastic. Menu looks and smells delicious. Everyone so lovely. We were rather hoping dad would decide to stay but his wish is to return to his bungalow.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Ashby Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your views of our home and will share your comments with the home manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Almost 'home from home'. The kindest, most caring staff from the kitchen, maintenance staff to management. Everyone wanted to help to make life easier for both my mother and myself. My mum was treated with dignity right through to the end. Staff worked tirelessly through long shifts, but were able to always give that 'little bit more'. I couldn't have asked asked for better. Huge thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashby Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband came to live here in Ashby Court in August 2015. His room is quite small but adequate for his needs. He has an en-suite toilet room. There are two spacious lounges and a dining room. The home is kept very clean. My husband's laundry is taken care of beautifully. He has a good choice of food which is cooked on the premises. What impresses me most is the quality of care he receives. All the staff are very helpful, cheerful and pleasant. I have complete confidence that my husband's needs are being met. He is happy which means that I, too, am happy.

Submit a Review for Ashby Court Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ashby Court Care Home