Oakbank Care Home

Oakbank, off Rochdale Road, Harpurhey, Manchester M9 5YA

Oakbank Care Home, Manchester, Greater Manchester

Oakbank Care Home is a comfortable facility, staffed by a qualified team who respect the personal rights and privacy of each individual while adhering to recognised care methods and current regulatory practice.

Versatile care forms include provision for residential and nursing needs, with the team also experienced in the challenges of dementia care.

Group: Unity Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Parminder Kaur (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Manchester City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 55 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Weekly Charges Guide: (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Oakbank Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.) Nursing Care Single £343 – £400 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Oakbank Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Oakbank Care Home: click here

9.3 Oakbank Care Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.275)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Oakbank Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.3 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Oakbank Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.275 for Oakbank Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (96 Excellents x 5) + (77 Goods x 4) + (25 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) + (3 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 204 Ratings = 4.275

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Oakbank Care Home is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11 positive Reviews (55 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 11 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Oakbank Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Oakbank Care Home

I am happy with the care my mam is receiving and she is always happy and content when I visit her and the staff and management are all lovely and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Likely

We have found as a family that as this is our first experience of a member of the family going into a home it is very good.
The staff are very helpful to us answering all our questions and always having time to spend with any member of the family if there is ever that we need questions answered.
They are fantastic/patient with mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jagjit Sandher, Operations Director at Oakbank Care Home responded to this review on 29 Sep 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review.
It is great to hear the positive experience you and your family have had coming to Oakbank.

My mum moved to Oakbank from the hospital in March 2017. At first I was a bit put off by the negative online reviews, however, I found these to be untrue.
The staff are all very lovely, approachable and dedicated to the residents. They are organised and run a smooth home.
There were only 2 issues;
1) Shortage of staff - every single day was short staffed. Agency workers covered a lot of shifts and the residents do not know them.
2) Activities/days out. Is a small range of activities but are no outings, days out, cinema, lunch trips. All the residents I spoke with complained about the boredom.
My mum progressed so well in the care of Oakbank that she has now returned home. Something we (her family) did not think possible. I recommend and would be happy for my mum to return.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Oakbank Care home is a lovely home situated in North Manchester. The staff in there are very polite and very helpful. They can't do anything wrong. The home itself is always clean and they take care of their residents very well. I would recommend this care home to anyone who needs care in later life.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

My experience in visiting my grandmother in this care home is that I feel satisfied with the care she is receiving. I feel she is happy here and contented and settled. The carers are friendly to me. I feel she's getting the help she needs and I'm happy for her to stay here for the upcoming future.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Likely

I have had no problems overall and if I have, I have had a chat with the staff or the manager over it. I like the care home, my dad has been upstairs for a few years, but now he is on the nursing side. My dad is very poorly and all the staff have been great to him, even the upstairs staff have come to see him. I think some of the agency staff they use could be more experienced and should know more of what to do.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Likely

When visiting my sister, I always find the staff very welcoming and friendly. My sister is well looked after by staff members. But I do worry sometimes regarding the food she is being served (doesn't look appetising) and I do know she leaves most of it.
But in the main, I am quite happy with the care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Likely

Oakbank Care Home is a lovely place. The staff are very good. I go all hours and the cleaning goes on 24-7. Food is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

When I was 60 years old I went to Oakbank for respite when it was a small home! The staff at the time were great! Some of the staff are still here although its extension has gained more residents. It is still great to be in, I am now 84 years of age. My room is known as the "penthouse" there is a lift to it and it's my home now! The staff are still great to us all.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

I find all the care staff at this establishment to be extremely attentive and caring and allow my grandmother to want for nothing.
In addition, the extra activities such as exercises, parties, entertainment and hair dressing services are great and well liked by my grandmother. Also, on the occasions when medical attention was required, this was dealt with speedily and professionally.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

My brother has been in this home nearly three years. He has dementia. I am quite satisfied with his care. He is being well looked after. The staff and the carers are excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

When I first came to live at Oakbank, I was very unsure of myself but the staff made me very welcome. They can't do enough for all the residents and will go out of their way to help you. I can't thank them enough.

Excellent care home.
All the staff are friendly and very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

My uncle came to Oakbank in November 2016 after spending several weeks in hospital, he was told he could not go back home as he needed round the clock care.
I had been my uncle's carer for over 20years and not being a car driver I needed a home that was in easy reach for me to visit each day.
I visited a few homes before I made the decision to chose Oakbank.
Since my uncle has been at Oakbank all of the staff that are looking after him treat him with dignity and tender care.
As he is 91years old and has Dementia, I know he is kept safe and warm.
The staff are always very busy but even then they always find time for a quick word asking how I am.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very clean, tidy and staff very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Extremely Likely

Service user couldn't understand staff, wasn't cared for to the standard they thought they would be. The care they got was very,very degrading and extremely poor. Had no dignity what so ever and had no choice but to phone home from their mobile phone to get them to phone the nursing home for help. Would never recommend this home to other members of family or friends and will not be using it again.

How likely would you be to recommend Oakbank Care Home? Extremely Unlikely

Overall Standard: Poor

Care / Support: Very Poor

Treated with Dignity: Very Poor

Staff: Poor

Rooms: Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

I have always found the staff at this facility to be exceptionally dedicated and caring. Always helpful and polite to visitors when we came and above all they always treat my father with dignity and respect. I live abroad but feel confident to leave my dad in their care between visits. The only problems have been administration ones in getting them to send the invoices to me after the death of my mother.

Submit a Review for Oakbank Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Oakbank Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Oakbank Care Home