Brooklands Nursing Home

44 Albany Road, Old Swan, Liverpool L13 3BJ

Group: Dovehaven Care Group

Person in charge: Dave Armstrong (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Liverpool City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 43 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Brooklands Nursing Home: click here

8.9 Brooklands Nursing Home has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.939)

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Brooklands Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Brooklands Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.358 for Brooklands Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (69 Excellents x 5) + (13 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) + (11 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 95 Ratings = 4.358

The 4.581 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Brooklands Nursing Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.6 positive Reviews (43 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 8.6 Target = 0.581

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Brooklands Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Brooklands Nursing Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

I used Brooklands for a week's respite care for my mother whilst I was on holiday.

This is the first time I have used respite care for her and was delighted at how the staff treated her. She was also quite anxious about being in an unfamiliar environment among strangers, but she settled in immediately due to the kindness of all of the staff there.

I will do everything I can to get her in Brooklands for any future holidays I take.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Marc Evans, Regional Manager at Brooklands Nursing Home responded to this review on 17 May 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review the service that the Manager and Staff provide at Brooklands. I am pleased that your mother's stay went well and I will be certain to relay your kind words and appreciation to the onsite team.

I can't say enough about this care home. My dad comes here for respite a week at a time. It's a break for my mum who cares for him and we couldn't be putting him in better hands. The management and all the staff can't do enough for him and for us who don't want him away from us obviously, it feels like he is staying with family. They all love him coming to stay and if there is anything he needs we just ask and if they can do it they will.
The rooms are all nicely decorated and as we were leaving, hallways and stairways were being freshened up with new paint, all clean and tidy.
You should all be proud of the care and attention you give to all your residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Marc Evans, Regional Manager at Brooklands Nursing Home responded to this review on 02 May 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the service provided at Brooklands. I will ensure that the home manager and staff receive a copy, they do their very best for everyone using the service and it is heartening for them to know how much their efforts are appreciated by all concerned.

My dad moved in a few months ago. We are delighted with the staff and manager. Always friendly and helpful. The home is light bright and airy. They have a 'you said we did' board right at the front of the home. It's great and lovely to see it regularly update and actions they take when they can. We asked for toastie maker, they got it. We mentioned flags at the front door were uneven, they were fixed in a short time. Lovely to see a manager who engaged with residents and families and takes on feedback. Love the newsletters. Keep them coming. Well done everyone. It's you who makes the difference. You should be proud. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Marc Evans, Regional Manager at Brooklands Nursing Home responded to this review on 19 Apr 2017:

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review. We will make sure that your feedback is shared with the manager and staff team at Brooklands who work so hard to provide the best service that they can.

Mum has been a resident of the home for a couple of years. Unfortunately, she has just passed away, I would like to say that she enjoyed her time here. Not only was she well cared for and looked after, but she felt at home here. She made many new friends, due in no small effort to the staff at the home. To say they were professional is a great understatement, nothing was ever to much trouble for them. I have no hesitation in recommending the home to anyone. If I could give it eleven out of ten I would.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

M. Evans, Regional Manager at Brooklands Nursing Home responded to this review on 28 Feb 2017:

Thank for taking the time to review Brooklands and the support provided to your mum, it is heartening to receive such positive feedback about the service. I also know that it makes a real difference to staff, when they read about how the time they invest and effort they make improves a persons life experience.

Following a decline in my mother's health, initially due to a broken wrist in December 2015 and her struggle with Dementia she was referred to Brooklands Nursing Home in order to convalesce without the worry of having to manage at home. She settled in well to the new environment and regularly told me how kind, caring and dedicated the staff were. The carers went out of their way to make my mother feel at home and included in their regular activities and events.
Sadly, our mother's health declined further and we had to make the agonising decision of making her temporary placement a permanent one. The manager and staff were all too aware how difficult this was for us but consoled us with the fact that they would look after her with dignity and care and this strengthened our resolve that we were making the right decision for mum and her needs. Until my mother passed away the staff looked after her like their own mother, with care, compassion and dignity. We are eternally grateful to all, Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Marc Evans, Regional Manager at Brooklands Nursing Home responded to this review on 30 Jan 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review, I am sorry to hear of your loss but am heartened that both you and your mother felt so well supported at Brooklands. I will ensure that the Home Manager and staff are made aware of your kind words.

Wonderful caring home. I was concerned when mum needed convalescence following an operation but I need not have worried. The staff are great especially the manager who went out of his way to ease the process. The chef is a magician ... mum hasn't eaten with such an appetite in years. She had the full English ever morning and cleared her plate each mealtime. Amazing. She still misses the onsite hairdresser as she can't get out easily. If your relative needs a short stay here, then don't worry it's a marvellous care home. We visited lots as we're a big family and they even took care of us.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Marc, Regional Manager at Brooklands Nursing Home responded to this review on 03 Nov 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Brooklands Care Home. As the regional manager for Liverpool I know that both the home manager and the staff team work hard to ensure that everyone using the service has the best experience that the home can provide.
On behalf of everyone at Brooklands I wish your mum a continued and speedy return to good health.

We recently placed my nan in Brooklands, since being there she has received the utmost care and attention, nothing is any trouble to the staff.
My nan feels very settled there and says how nice everyone is to her, which gives us as a family piece if mind.
The home is spotlessly clean and the food looks lovely.
We convey our thanks to the manager for this well-run care home.
We would advise any family who needs to place a relative into care should look at Brooklands first.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Marc Evans, Regional Manager at Brooklands Nursing Home responded to this review on 23 Sep 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review the care that we are providing to your nan. I know that the staff and the Home Manager are striving continuously to develop our service at Brooklands and that they will be really pleased to read your recognition of their hard work.

I can honestly say it was the worst experience of my life putting my mum in this home. It's 6 months since my mum passed and it still pulls on me. They did not give good care to the point where I couldn't believe it was actually happening. I was wrongly safeguarded at one point because I took mum out it was that bad. I would urge anyone not to put their loved one in this place.

How likely would you be to recommend Brooklands Nursing Home? Extremely Unlikely

Overall Standard: Very Poor

Management: Very Poor

Safety / Security: Very Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

Submit a Review for Brooklands Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Brooklands Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Brooklands Nursing Home