Brookview Care Home, Alderley Edge, Cheshire

*****3 weeks for the price of 2 for stays booked by 31 March 2018 and started by 31 May 2018. Terms and conditions apply, call for details*****

Brookview welcomes those with nursing, residential and respite needs, and also offers dementia, convalescence and palliative care.

Significant investment has made Brookview a luxury home, with pleasing additions including a wet room in all bedrooms, stylish furniture and a brand new annexe to the main building. There are day lounges on all floors and views of mature gardens, wooded areas and raised flower beds.

Residents can enjoy nutritious homemade food that is created using the freshest ingredients by experienced chefs. All residents can discuss their personal tastes and dietary needs.

Many hobbies and interests are supported in the activity programme, and country walks and narrow boat trips a summer highlight.

Person in charge: Maureen Southern (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire East Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 67 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Brookview Care Home: click here

8.8 Brookview Care Home has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.818)

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Brookview Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Brookview Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.0 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.769 for Brookview Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (83 Excellents x 5) + (25 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 108 Ratings = 4.769

The 4.049 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Brookview Care Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 13.4 positive Reviews (67 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 13.4 Target = 0.299

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Brookview Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Brookview Care Home

I was a little apprehensive when I first moved into Brookview. However, the staff were so reassuring and made me feel at home.
The staff are very welcoming and have made all the difference.
I am very well looked after at Brookview.
I love the activities and visits by school children.

How likely would you be to recommend Brookview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Brookview Care Home responded to this review on 27 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you have settled and now feel at home. It is lovely to hear that you are well looked after and that you are enjoying the activities, I'm sure that when the school children visit they bring a smile to everyone's face.

Brookview Care Home has a very good standard of care. I visited last week to see my friend's mother.

The residents seem to manage very well and the staff are very helpful.

I recommended two of my neighbours to stay there in the last few years and visited a friend before that.

How likely would you be to recommend Brookview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Brookview Care Home responded to this review on 12 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

I thank my lucky stars every day that Brookview was the first home we looked at so we didn't spend weeks looking. When it became necessary, I was ready to send my father in a taxi (as I was away) but the clinical services manager offered to go herself and collect him which took a huge weight off my mind. Dad seems to have taken to his new life very well, he has a lovely, comfortable room with a view across the fields, the staff are always friendly and kind and there seem to be lots of activities going on.
My father has dementia among other things and a doctor recently said to me that he didn't think that dad had much quality of life to which I have to argue that he has a lovely quality of life, not the life that he used to have and not the life that I want for myself but a new and different quality of life made possible by Brookview. So I can only be grateful to everyone there and thank the management who are obviously doing things right!

How likely would you be to recommend Brookview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Brookview Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jun 2017:

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely feedback with us, we really appreciate it! I am so pleased to hear that your Father settled into Brookview well and that you're impressed with the home, their staff and management in general. We appreciate all of your comments and will share them with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Everyone knows my name. Everyone steps to say hello, even if I do not know them, they still step to speak to me. Staff are very, very nice and courteous at all times. My room and the communal areas are very elegant. There is a vast choice of activities to choose from. I feel safe living at Brookview and cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Brookview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Services Advisor at Brookview Care Home responded to this review on 25 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The manager and all the staff at Brookview Care Home were wonderful prior and during my mother's respite stay. She was very hesitant about going for respite care but was invited to visit Brookview Care Home and view her proposed room and staff before she confirmed her stay. During her stay, the care, attention and support were just as promised and she decided to extend her visit by a further week. The nursing staff followed her medication plan carefully and gave helpful suggestions. Thank you Brookview Care Home, we appreciate your help and kindness, my mother has advised that she will happily stay at Brookview Care Home again.

How likely would you be to recommend Brookview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Servicies Administrator at Brookview Care Home responded to this review on 03 Oct 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Happy with staff encouraging Mum to get out of bed and join in with the other residents. Nice environment. Staff available when needed and very helpful and polite.

How likely would you be to recommend Brookview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Brookview Care Home responded to this review on 02 Sep 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My father spent the last two months of his life at Brookview. He had serious health issues including Dementia.

Other care homes were reluctant to accept my father, however, Brookview were both confident and efficient and succeeded in accepting and moving my father in within 24 hours. At a difficult time for my family, we really needed help, this was forthcoming from Brookview.

My father's stay was obviously challenging for all the staff, without exception they all played their part in making life as comfortable as possible for my father.

I have learnt a lot about care homes in the past few months, I understand that management is the key that sets the standards. The management at Brookview are both sincere and really professional creating a brilliant team.

My thanks for everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Brookview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Brookview Care Home responded to this review on 30 Aug 2016:

My mum passed away on the 4th of July, aged 95, having lived at Brookview for 3 years. She was extremely happy at the home. It really was her home. She was very frail but still mentally alert. She was encouraged to keep active, enjoyed the trips out and despite her tiny size (5 and a half stone), she loved the food. All the staff without exception were amazing, it was a comfort to know how well she was looked after, safe, warm and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Brookview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Brookview Care Home responded to this review on 29 Jul 2016:

My mum who has Vascular Dementia became a resident at Brookview nursing and residential care home in Alderley Edge in November 2012. She had previously spent two months at a residential care home in Bramhall prior to this when we were advised they could no longer cater for her needs. As a family this was an extremely distressing time for us, finding Mum a suitable new home that would care and cater for her needs. This was no easy task!

I found Brookview on the internet and made an appointment to visit. As a family we have never looked back, we feel such a sense of relief and reassurance that our mum is being cared for by such an amazing team.

I think my ratings say everything else……….you have been brilliant!

Submit a Review for Brookview Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Brookview Care Home