Ashcroft

Kelvin Way, Undercliffe, Bradford BD2 3EF

Anchor’s Ashcroft is located in the Undercliffe suburb of Bradford and provides friendly and comfortable residential and dementia care for up to 66 residents in single ensuite rooms. The home is located in a quiet residential area whilst being close to transport links and local amenities and attractions.

The dedicated care team gets to know each resident, working with them and their loved ones to create detailed care plans so that their needs are always met. Customers living with dementia receive quality dementia care, provided by staff members who are fully trained to ensure their approach is the best for residents living with dementia.

The care team provides individual and compassionate care by getting to know each individual and building strong relationships with them and their loved ones.

Anchor is England’s largest provider of housing and care for the those over 55 years of age and boasts almost 50 years’ experience as a not-for-profit provider of services to older people. Proud to be voted one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for in 2016, Anchor reinvests the money made into its retirement properties and care homes, to continually raise standards and provide a high-quality service that surpasses expectations.

Group: Anchor

Person in charge: Emma Ciccone (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 66 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ashcroft: click here

The Review Score of 8.6 (maximum of 10) for Ashcroft is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ashcroft in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.1 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.511 for Ashcroft is calculated as follows: ( (106 Excellents x 5) + (62 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 180 Ratings = 4.511

The 4.053 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ashcroft is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 13.2 positive Reviews (66 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 13.2 Target = 0.303

8.6 Ashcroft has a Review Score of 8.6 (8.564) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ashcroft?

Reviewer Connection to Ashcroft

Ashcroft looked after my Grandma for over 4 years, adapting their care to her every need. As a family, we cannot thank every single person at Ashcroft enough over the years. Every member of staff, nurses, care staff, managers, cooks, cared for her, smiled at her, laughed with her and loved her. Not a minute passed where my Grandma was lonely. Every person knew how to deal with my Grandma's dementia and knew every aspect of my Grandma's personality and sense of humour. We would always see my Grandma laughing away with staff. As my Grandma's needs changed so did her care. We could not have asked for a better care home or a better people for my Grandma to spend time with. Ashcroft cares about every resident and their families. We were always updated about my Grandma's care. I would highly recommend this care home to anyone and would give reassurance residents are in amazing hands. Activities are planned regularly and residents are encouraged to stay active. This is one amazing place!

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

The best care home I have ever visited. I have worked in care for over ten years and this one is by far the best I have ever seen.
It has a real sense of community and doesn't feel like a care home it feels more like a holiday resort!
Absolutely fantastic!!

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

My Mum has been a permanent resident for a month now and has transitioned seamlessly from her previous home (which was out of the area). This is a large bustling home, very friendly with a 'village', community and 'homely' feel to it.

My Mum is very well cared for, all her needs are being met, she is is spotlessly clean, warm, comfortable, happy and settled. I have no hesitation in recommending Ashcroft.

Quite Good. See ratings.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

I would strongly recommend this home. My mum was a resident for a year. During this time the staff were brilliant - genuinely caring, fun and professional. The home has a lovely feel to it. They make all the communal areas warm, cosy and like a 'home' should be. My mum moved after a few moths, into the Midlands (more independent living) which is a wonderful unit encouraging independence. I could not fault the staff. The staff and management take time with residents and they organise a lot of special events where staff and residents dress up eg Mat Hatters Tea Party, Bonfire Night, Xmas parties and many more. Moving a loved one into a care home is a daunting and frightening thing for anyone. Everyone at Ashcroft makes this transition more manageable. A great place.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

I feel so secure and safe in Ashcroft. Staff are wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

My elderly parent is in Ashcroft and I am happy with the care and treatment that my parent receives. It is with dignity and care in all things, and because of the loving treatment that is given and the friendly staff. Ashcroft would be my choice if and when I have to go into a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

A truly caring and homely environment with a real 'family feel'. Staff are genuinely interested in the residents and all they can to support, encourage and care for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

My stepfather has been a resident in Ashcroft since May 2016 and I can only express how pleased I am with his degree of care. The staff are very attentive to him. Nothing is too much trouble and treat him as an individual getting to know him, his needs and personality and treating him with the utmost respect and dignity. Communication is excellent with regards to any issues and I am kept up to date with his situation at all times by both staff and management. The staff are attentive at all times to the resident and me. Well done!

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

I am so pleased that my friend is living at Ashcroft. It's such a lovely home and the staff are wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
It gives me so much piece of mind to know that my friend is being cared for so well. I cannot thank the staff enough and the manager is lovely too.
What a brilliant team!

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

Ashcroft has a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere. All the staff have dementia training and communicate very well with both residents and their family. Care plans are carefully undertaken and all residents wishes are taken into consideration. The staff are very caring and show respect for their residents. I would not hesitate to recommend Ashcroft to anyone looking for a good care home for their relative. I feel very fortunate that my husband is there as he feels safe and secure there.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

When my brother and I first visited Ashcroft we were very impressed and thought it looked fresh and very clean (one of the best homes we had seen). All the staff were very helpful, caring and kept us informed.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

I was happy when I stayed in the home and met some very nice carers there and also some very nice people who were staying there. I thought it was very nice when you could stay in the day room downstairs all day if required. I enjoyed all the meals and the staff were very helpful. There was just one man left to me, in his room who worried me but I knew he was poorly!

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Extremely Likely

Care given was good but I would have liked him to have more interaction with people- staff did go into his room on an hourly basis but only on his last day did he go to dining room for his meals and sit in corridor do that he could talk to people. This may have been his choice. He did speak very highly of the staff and said that they looked after him. My mother is in another place, it does seem much lighter atmosphere with plenty of connection with others.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashcroft? Likely

We found the care home to be friendly, clean and inviting. The staff were approachable and helpful. We felt comfortable leaving our uncle at this facility and believing that he would be cared for in a compassionate and caring way. Staff took the time to discuss our uncles like and dislikes and seemed to genuinely care about their residents. We would not hesitate in placing our uncle in here for future respite when needed.

Submit a Review for Ashcroft

posted 23 May 2018

We currently have 2 vacancies for care. Please contact Ashcroft directly for further information.

Recipient: Anchor