Park Lodge

10 Park Avenue, Roundhay, Leeds LS8 2JH

Park Lodge Care Home specialises in residential and nursing care for a range of persoonal needs, including for short-term respite needs.

This Leeds care accommodation is a comfortable social environment in which to spend a retirement, that supports privacy and independence and combines a wide range of skills and technologies to achieve its aims of effective care and nursing.

Carers are highly qualified and keen to look out for any sector developments that can further the services they bring to their fifty-one residents.

Owner: Villa Care Ltd

Person in charge: Louise Taylor (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leeds City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: 55+ yrs.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Panjabi, Punjabi, Polish, Shona, Swahili

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Park Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 6.1 (maximum of 10) for Park Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 2 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Park Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 1.6 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 2 years. (A 2 year period has been used as there were no positive reviews in the last 12 months)

The Average Rating of 4.542 for Park Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (13 Excellents x 5) + (11 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 24 Ratings = 4.542

The 1.563 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Park Lodge is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3 then divided by 2 = 1.500

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 0.125 , then divided by 2 = 0.063

6.1 Park Lodge has a Review Score of 6.1 (6.105) from 2 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Park Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Park Lodge

I am late writing this review as I have found it very difficult to motivate myself as I miss my Mum so much and have needed counselling to deal with her loss. I now feel I must express how grateful I was for the excellent care given to my Mum in the 15 months she was in the care of Park Lodge. The staff were so caring and nothing was too much trouble. I am a retired SRN and have worked in care homes myself over the years and this has got to be at the top of my list. We travelled from Wales approximately every 6weeks and when we walked into the home we were made welcome and tea or coffee was offered to us also we could have a meal with Mum anytime if we asked a couple of hours before plus we were given a choice from the menu. My Mum was very happy there and when we used to take her out for lunch again the staff had her already for us to just wheel her to the car. I will close this review by saying thanks a million for all your dedicated care for my dear Mum

How likely would you be to recommend Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

My dad became a resident in July 2015 after spending some time in hospital after suffering a fall at home. Dad suffered with dementia and had been deteriorating in hospital. When he was taken into Park Lodge it took a couple of weeks for him to settle but he did and eventually started eating and drinking again (after weeks of eating nothing whilst in hospital). He was content in his room and actually thought that he was back in his own home. The staff took great care of dad who could at times get quite get agitated. He sadly passed away in September but I believe his last few months were happy, he was treated with dignity and respect. I would not hesitate in recommending this home to anyone. The Manager and the staff were great with dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Park Lodge? Extremely Likely