South Park Care Home, York, North Yorkshire

South Park Care Home is located in York's Acomb area and is close to shops, amenities, public transport and the A1(M). The Acomb Shopping Centre is less than half a mile away.

This purpose built care home provides nursing and social care for the frail elderly and the elderly mentally infirm.

Accommodation at South Park is provided in single occupancy rooms, many of which are with en-suite facilities. Some rooms are spacious enough for companions to share.

South Park provides TV lounges and a quiet sitting room where residents can relax. Separate dining rooms are available, where residents can socialise at meal times. Daily choices are available and traditional home cooked food is served.

Regular visits are made to the home by an experienced hair stylist and a qualified chiropodist. Complementary therapies can be arranged.

The home provide a varied programme of activities for residents.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Joanne Fisher (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: York City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 102 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Admission Information: Separate unit for Dementia residents in Ebor House.

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on South Park Care Home: click here

posted 17 Nov 2017

9.2 South Park Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.157)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for South Park Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for South Park Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.618 for South Park Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (168 Excellents x 5) + (69 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 249 Ratings = 4.618

The 4.539 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for South Park Care Home is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 20.4 positive Reviews (102 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 20.4 Target = 0.539

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend South Park Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to South Park Care Home

I am very impressed by the standard of care that my husband receives. The staff are very caring, good humoured and responsive to the needs of the residents. The home is clean and has a calm and relaxed atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at South Park Care Home responded to this review on 13 Oct 2017:

Thank you, Jan, for your kind comments about your recent experience at South Park Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

Although I was reluctant for my husband to be moved into nursing care, our experience has been very positive.

The standard of care has been excellent. the staff have been cheerful and attentive.
The home is well run and the staff-resident ratio good.
One of the very pleasing aspects is the continuity of staff.
My husband has particularly enjoyed the gardens and quiet areas.
I have recommended this home to friends.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at South Park Care Home responded to this review on 12 Oct 2017:

Thank you, Patricia, for your comments about your recent experience at South Park Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

My wife entered South Park Care Home as a resident straight from the hospital. During my wife's stay, she was confined to her bed. During her time, she was cared for in the highest possible way, with care, love and dedicated gentleness. My wife was always changed, cleaned, almost immediately, taking care to maintain her privacy. The care staff, in my opinion, were first class, as was the laundry staff and the cleaning staff, who kept the home immaculate.

Food & Drink: Poor

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at South Park Care Home responded to this review on 15 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Jack, for your kind comments about your recent experience at South Park Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

The home is clean and tidy and the staff are friendly and helpful. The management are approachable. My dad is settling well and the events organiser is amazing, bubbly and has a great work ethic. All carers and nurses are worth their weight in gold.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at South Park Care Home responded to this review on 31 Aug 2017:

Thank you, Sabrina, for your comments about your recent experience at South Park Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I experience very lovely people and carers. It has a good atmosphere, very good activities and everyone is well entertained. The meals are decent choices.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at South Park Care Home responded to this review on 20 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Jenny, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with South Park Care Home was so positive. We look forward to your next visit. Take care!

Very good management team, staff. Well looked after, safe at night. Activities very good. Rooms very clean, all people are very kind and speak, overall very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at South Park Care Home responded to this review on 21 Aug 2017:

Thank you Mark, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with South Park Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

My wife came to South Park three years in October. At first, I had mixed feelings about her being in a care home but now accepted there is no alternative. South Park care home over the three years, has cared for my wife extremely well. She always looks presentable. We are grateful to all staff for looking after her in this manner.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Likely

Carl Duncker, Marketing Manager at South Park Care Home responded to this review on 16 Aug 2017:

Thank you, Bob, for your comments about your recent experience at South Park Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care.

My Mam has been in the care home now for nearly two years and myself and other family members are very pleased with all the staff. Mam is really happy and contented.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, A P, for your comments about your recent experience at South Park Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care.

My Mam has been I here nearly two years and she is no different she was at home, but she was in a hospital or 3 months and went downhill. Then came here and now back to how she was. The staff and everyone makes you welcome. You can ask my Mam and she likes it, so to us that is what matters.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, K M, for your comments about your recent experience at South Park Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care.

My husband has been a resident in South Park Care Home for 2 years. He settled in very quickly and has always been happy there. The staff are very friendly, always happy to discuss matters arising, and they phone me regularly if they have any concerns.
There is always one member of staff present in the main lounge, other members of staff keeping an eye on other residents in their rooms.
My husband is always well dressed in his own clothes and smiles a lot, which indicates he is happy and content, therefore, I too am happy with South Park Care Home, and my impression is the staff who work there are very dedicated to doing a good job and enjoy their work at South Park.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

My parents have recently received day care from this service and I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The home was clean and offered a good choice of quality meals. The home provides appropriate activities which include its own pub/café & Beauty Suite. In addition to this it provides a library. I would definitely recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

All in all the home provides good care for my wife who has dementia after several strokes. The staff are very caring and friendly, I feel that my wife is being well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

I'm happy with my mom's care. The home is in excellent condition now all changes have been made, decoration of bedroom. Happy with all the care and changes since new management. Thank you for all the help to my mom.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Likely

I find it difficult answer but now after my husband has been here (nearly a year) I begin to understand the functioning of a care home, the staff in all departments are kind, friendly and hard-working and I like not to be able to come to other (as I don't drive). It is a bonus having a nice room with a window view of the quadrangle. Sometimes residents can be noisy, as in the music/TV with programmes not really for the elderly - as it was once more in the dining room.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Management: Poor

I found the care home much improved since I first came to visit. It seem more lively and all the staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. The place is nice and fresh and clean.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Likely

The staff are very pleasant and helpful, very attentive to the residents needs. The care home is very clean and reassuring, as good as any I have seen. There is always room for improvement in any care home but at the moment things here seem very satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

The home has improved a lot since my dad came in last March. It is very comfortable and welcoming. There is always a lot of activities going on which is very good for residents and their families to get involved in, very happy with the care my dad receives.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are very helpful and kind, will put themselves out to assist in anything that we request.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Likely

Very pleased with mum's care, all the permanent staff very efficient, friendly and caring. Activities are very good, mum enjoys signing, tea parties although mum cannot make proper conversation, she is always included. Us as relatives are also treated so well and are always welcomed, informed as to mums health if any changes. Nice to have not to worry about mum's welfare knowing she is well looked after 24/7 as we were unable to do this ourselves.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our mum is very well care for and staff aware of mum's special requirements. There are always varied activities going on for all the residents. We are always given refreshments when visiting. All the staff are so kind and friendly and keep the family up to date with mums progress or any problems.

How likely would you be to recommend South Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very pleasant staff. Happy with everything, gives me peace of mind dad being here.

Submit a Review for South Park Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for South Park Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at South Park Care Home