Chichester Court Care Home

111 Chichester Road, South Shields NE33 4HE

Chichester Court Care Home, South Shields, Tyne & Wear

Chichester Court Care Home is located close to the town centre of South Shields, Tyne and Wear.

The home provides both residential and general nursing care for residents. All care is personalised to each individual depending on their needs.

Chichester Court is in a central location with great transport links. The home has gardens for the residents to enjoy if and when they please. The spaces are great for socialising over the summer months with friends and family.

Inside the home, there are large communal areas and dining rooms which are perfect for residents who are looking to pursue hobbies, catch up with friends or just relax.

All bedrooms in the home are en-suite and can be decorated to suit the resident.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Dale Summersby (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: South Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 52 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Chichester Court Care Home: click here

9.2 Chichester Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.227)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Chichester Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Chichester Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.227 for Chichester Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (75 Excellents x 5) + (72 Goods x 4) + (24 Satisfactorys x 3) + (4 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 176 Ratings = 4.227

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Chichester Court Care Home is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.4 positive Reviews (52 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 10.4 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Chichester Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Chichester Court Care Home

Mam's care at Chichester Court is excellent. She is constantly monitored and treated with respect and compassion. All of the staff are friendly and attentive to her needs. It has given me peace of mind to know that her care is their paramount objective and I don't have to worry that she is at risk. They also make me feel welcome when I visit and engage in conversation. I know mam is in the best place for her wellbeing and I am very happy that all of her needs are being met.

How likely would you be to recommend Chichester Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Chichester Court Care Home responded to this review on 08 Nov 2017:

Thank you, Patricia, for sharing your recent experience of Chichester Court Care Home. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the quality of our care and that your mam is enjoying life at our home. Our residents' care is our top priority and your feedback about our care and staff mean a lot to us. If there is anything more we can do, please do let us know. We look forward to your next visit. Take care!

My dad was admitted to hospital on 21st September, after my daughter and I insisted that he was seen by a doctor. He had not eaten/drank for 4 days (this was not the first time he had to be hospitalised for the same condition). We had to press for medication to treat thrush prior to his hospital admission but this was not administered until he was in the hospital.

Considering his medical history I was not happy that action was not taken sooner and that we had to instigate the action that was taken. My father has Alzheimer's and is not aware of his surroundings or family. I cannot fault the carers, they do their very best.

Management: Poor

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Chichester Court Care Home responded to this review on 25 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your views and we take all comments very seriously. Would you be willing to discuss your points further? We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with us at the home directly. Please get in touch and we can arrange a meeting. We look forward to hearing from you.

My wife has been in other care homes. Their standard doesn't come up to this care home.
The staff are pleasant with the residents. They are treated with respect. As they have said it might be my parent or partner needs care.

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Chichester Court Care Home responded to this review on 18 Oct 2017:

Thank you, William, for your comments about your recent experience at Chichester Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I always find the staff very friendly, caring and helpful.

The nursing staff keep us well informed regarding any changes in my mother-in-law's condition, and I feel I can talk to them at any time if I have any concerns.

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Chichester Court Care Home responded to this review on 19 Oct 2017:

Thank you, Lynn, for your comments about your recent experience at Chichester Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

My mother settled in straight away when she moved in April and made friends straight away. I did have concerns over my mother going into a care home. There are activities put on most days of for the residents and it has a warm and comfortable atmosphere to the place. The staff are very helpful and put you at ease with any worries that you may have. Every time I visit my mother, she always seems happy and cheerful. I no further worry about my mother's medical issues. I am very happy with the care home and its standard.

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Chichester Court Care Home responded to this review on 10 Oct 2017:

Thank you, Kenneth, for your comments about your recent experience at Chichester Court Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I am very pleased with the care my dad gets. The staff are lovely.

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Chichester Court Care Home responded to this review on 09 Oct 2017:

Thank you, Lynne, for your comments about your recent experience at Chichester Court Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

My father has dementia and is very prone to falling/unsteady on his feet but, mobile when aided etc. He has had several accidents whilst at Chichester Court but, not all have been his fault. Most of these accidents seem to occur during the evening. There was another incident about a week ago between himself and another patient and the other patient attacked my father, pushing him to the ground. The other patient is very aggressive at times and I have seen him in action, as has my mother. I appreciate the fact that he also has dementia and this is an extremely sad and distressing situation for us all. I believe that it was my father who 'irritated' this patient but, this patient responds with aggression. I am sure that they are now best of friends! This is not a complaint but, I now feel that there should be even more staff on the premises at night in the Dementia Unit rather than during the day when everyone seems calmer. No doubt an impossibility!

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Chichester Court Care Home responded to this review on 23 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your views. All of the staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your points further with you. Please reach out to us at the home to arrange a meeting. Thank you once again.

Always find staff helpful and friendly, her room is always clean.

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Chichester Court Care Home responded to this review on 04 Oct 2017:

Thank you, John, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Chichester Court Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

The day on visiting my sister for the first time I was very nervous, I had heard so many bad things about care homes. But when I arrived I was met by nice, caring, pleasant staff who made me feel so welcome. They were so caring to me, my sister didn't recognise me but she was so happy, but the tears she shed were tears of relief. Unfortunately, I am not in the best of health to visit her but kind staff keep in touch with me by phone.

On the whole, staff can be good and caring but owing to such few staff and have to see a lot of patients who are either bedridden or in huge chairs which are quite hard to push on the carpets. They are feeding people either in their rooms or in the dining room. As well as this, a lot of people have two carers at a time to hoist them. From experience, I have seen them change someone, the person knocks his drink over himself and then decides to soil his pad so they have to change him again. I have seen the staff almost exhausted, but they are loyal and caring and try to do the best they can.

How likely would you be to recommend Chichester Court Care Home? Likely

If one had any questions, advice or complaints we found the management, staff very helpful and understanding.

Satisfactory but room to improve.

How likely would you be to recommend Chichester Court Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

I have been very impressed with the care and attention paid by the staff in looking after my sister. Also, impressed with the very pleasant rooms and facilities. Very impressed with the staff for responding to special food requests when needed.

Overall the care is good. My Mum is settled and happier than I thought she would be, having been totally independent prior to her admission following a stroke. My only concern is the food. My Mum is frequently served sandwiches and repeatedly given foods she does not like, despite saying she doesn't like it. I think there should be more choice and she should have drinks more frequently offered. My Mum hasn't lost any weight so seems to be getting enough nutrition so health wise the food isn't affecting her.

Food & Drink: Poor

There are several lovely staff but like anywhere it only takes one bad apple in the cart to bring this down and carers could always improve. Some are just born to the job and I feel so happy knowing my parent is safe and happy when I leave, but then you get other ones that do the job with no passion whatsoever, don't speak or react to the person they are dealing with and don't make relatives feel welcome at all. After all, this is our parent's home. We should at all times feel relaxed and happy to meet with our parent and know that our loved ones are happy to be there. A smile goes a long way in a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Chichester Court Care Home? Don't know

Cleanliness: Poor

Rooms: Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

Dale Summersby, Home Manager at Chichester Court Care Home responded to this review on 13 Feb 2017:

Dear Carol,

Thank You for the review, I am sorry you have had this experience. I will take your comments on board and improve them going forward.

Submit a Review for Chichester Court Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Chichester Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Chichester Court Care Home